• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Button (Batman/Flash crossover) |OT] It never ends, Alan. Nothing ever ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
PREVIOUSLY:
jzUiwHY.png

g4uHUrb.png

g5S8Z5n.png

190240_1060279_1.gif

The cataclysmic events of DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 continue here! The Dark Knight and The Fastest Man Alive, the two greatest detectives on any world, unite to explore the mystery behind a certain blood-stained smiley button embedded in the Batcave wall. What starts as a simple investigation turns deadly when the secrets of the button prove irresistible to an unwelcome third party—and it’s not who anyone suspects! It’s a mystery woven through time, and the ticking clock starts here!

CHECKLIST:
Part One: Batman #21 (April 19th)
Part Two: The Flash #21 (April 26th)
Part Three: Batman #22 (May 3rd)
Part Four: The Flash #22 (May 10th)

CREDITS
Plot by Geoff Johns
Batman #21 and 22: Script by Tom King, with art and covers by Jason Fabok
The Flash #21 and 22: Script by Joshua Williamson, with art and covers by Howard Porter

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Thank fuck finally, the one story I'm interested in lol. I should catch up on Rebirth stuff probably.

Anything else leading up to this except for the very first Rebirth issue?

Only comic book event in years that I'm interested in. Out of morbid curiosity tho but still I'm in on this one

I havent read batman since #15. Has it improved or are we stuck with the same quality writing and storylines? For such a usually good writer Tom King surprisingly has let me down on what is an important as hell gig, imo.

I dropped both The Flash and Batman a while ago but I'll be back for this.
They weren't bad but just didn't measure up to some of the best Rebirth titles. I hope this delivers.

Thank fuck finally, the one story I'm interested in lol. I should catch up on Rebirth stuff probably.

Anything else leading up to this except for the very first Rebirth issue?
I second this question, want to know what i gotta read after the first issue to get up to date on this story specifically

Watchmen crossover? :S

Kind of? It seems as if Dr. Manhattan altered the DC Universe in some fashion, but no one is entirely sure or to what extent. We just know that they've lost 5 years (I think) and Manhattan is responsible.

EDIT: I went ahead and spoilered that. I mean, pretty sure the statue of that is well past, but just in case.

Gartooth

Probably going to pick up the two Flash issues so I know what the hell is going on when reading Batman. How has the general quality been on Flash?

I second this question, want to know what i gotta read after the first issue to get up to date on this story specifically

Nothing, to my knowledge. Superman and Detective Comics have dealt with Ozymandias a little bit, but no major reveal so far. And as far as the Rorschach button and Doctor Manhattan, I think this story is the first major development. Most Rebirth titles have been telling stand-alone stories so far but it's possible I missed something.

Nothing, to my knowledge. Superman and Detective Comics have dealt with Ozymandias a little bit, but no major reveal so far. And as far as the Rorschach button and Doctor Manhattan, I think this story is the first major development. Most Rebirth titles have been telling stand-alone stories so far but it's possible I missed something.

They've actually brought in in Ozymandias? What happened with that?

Kind of? It seems as if Dr. Manhattan altered the DC Universe in some fashion, but no one is entirely sure or to what extent. We just know that they've lost 5 years (I think) and Manhattan is responsible.

EDIT: I went ahead and spoilered that. I mean, pretty sure the statue of that is well past, but just in case.

Manhattan is going to be the blue hand Krona saw at the moment of creation. Count on it.

They've actually brought in in Ozymandias? What happened with that?

He stands around watching TV and occasionally kidnaps someone.

Kurdel

Banned
The last year of very slow buildup and universe-wide hints was very well done, looking forward to this.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Still trying to work out what "Mr Oz" is up to kidnapping Tim Drake of all people.

"I took you because you're....so loved. Or something"

Ok, Oz.

Still trying to work out what "Mr Oz" is up to kidnapping Tim Drake of all people.

"I took you because you're....so loved. Or something"

Ok, Oz.
To be fair, he's the best detective in the Batfamily. He's the one who figured out Bruce was preparing for something big and had made it so Jason, Dick and Damian all were in place. If you had the choice between letting him die and grabbing him for future use or as a hostage...

Where was it confirmed that Oz is Ozymandias? Did I miss something?

Anyway: I fucking hate the idea of Watchmen in the DCU, but I will admit that I'm morbidly curious what they do with it. Not enough to buy this story, but hey, gotta keep up with the atrocities somehow.

Dalek

To recap the people that Oz has kidnapped are :

Tim Drake
Doomsday
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Prophecy
and presumably Ray Palmer

Alienous

I have the biggest smile at that timer in the preview. And Fabok just doesn't know how to disappoint.

This should be great.

VeeP

To be fair, he's the best detective in the Batfamily. He's the one who figured out Bruce was preparing for something big and had made it so Jason, Dick and Damian all were in place. If you had the choice between letting him die and grabbing him for future use or as a hostage...

To recap the people that Oz has kidnapped are :

Tim Drake
Doomsday
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Prophecy
and presumably Ray Palmer

Any idea what happened to future Tim Drake from the Batman Beyond series? He seems to have disappeared too?

Jurgens (the writer of the current Batman Beyond) said this:

"Nrama: Wait, is future Tim Drake's disappearance in Batman Beyond connected to the imprisonment of present-day Tim Drake by Mr. Oz in the last issue of Detective Comics?

Jurgens: Yes."

What the hell does he need two Tim Drake's for? And why does he even need Tim Drake & Ray Palmer.

Alienous

Not sure about this preview. Tom King's Batman just doesn't quite work for me.
And I absolutely adored Omega Men.

Yeah, Tom King's Batman hasn't clicked with me either. I don't know if I'm carrying baggage from Vision, but his portrayal of Batman just sees weirdly robotic. It just isn't ... charming. It's gotten a lot better 'I Am Bane' arc, though.

Vic_Viper

Super excited for this!

How has Williamson's Flash been? Havent been reading either Batman or Flash since Rebirth. Better or about the same as New 52 Flash?

Any idea what happened to future Tim Drake from the Batman Beyond series? He seems to have disappeared too?

Jurgens (the writer of the current Batman Beyond) said this:

"Nrama: Wait, is future Tim Drake's disappearance in Batman Beyond connected to the imprisonment of present-day Tim Drake by Mr. Oz in the last issue of Detective Comics?

Jurgens: Yes."

What the hell does he need two Tim Drake's for? And why does he even need Tim Drake & Ray Palmer.

I figured once present day Tim was kidnapped, the Batman Beyond future changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom