• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth: Batman and The Flash Team Up For the Four-Part Mystery “The Button”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link.

batman20button_5876c4xmqef.jpg

the20flash20button_58vhraq.jpg

THE DARK KNIGHT AND THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE DIVE DEEPER INTO THE MYSTERY OF DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH THIS APRIL!

Batman and The Flash Team Up For the Four-Part Mystery “The Button”
All Four Issues to Also Feature Special Lenticular Covers

If you’ve been wondering about how the mystery behind Geoff Johns’ DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 continues, you’ll find out more beginning this April in “The Button,” a four part story arc in issues #21 and #22 of BATMAN and THE FLASH.

Courtesy of the Batman team of writer Tom King and artist Jason Fabok, along with The Flash writer Joshua Williamson and artist Howard Porter, the two greatest detectives in the DC Universe unite to unravel the mystery behind a certain blood stained smiley face button stuck in the Batcave wall. However, what begins as a simple investigation soon turns deadly when the secrets of the button prove irresistible to an unwelcome third party – and it’s not who anyone suspects! This is a mystery woven throughout time, and the countdown starts here!

In addition to the standard $2.99 covers on Batman and The Flash in late April and early May, each of the four issues will feature a special $3.99 lenticular cover, all drawn by Jason Fabok. Don’t miss the chance to find out more about the mysteries behind REBIRTH when these issues hit your local comics retailer beginning April 19!

Dalek

OH shit-here we go! Finally!

the two greatest detectives in the DC Universe unite to unravel the mystery behind a certain blood stained smiley face button stuck in the Batcave wall.

The button flew out of the Speedforce when Wally appeared in the Batcave. You can see it fly out and hit the wall with a "ting"

Geez, there's a lot of geek news dropping today.
This sounds cool. Justice League vs Suicide Squad is surprisingly fun so I like this micro-crossover approach that DC is taking.
And as horrible as it sounded, Geoff Johns really sold the Watchmen thing in the Rebirth special so I'm intrigued.

Dalek

Geez, there's a lot of geek news dropping today.
This sounds cool. Justice League vs Suicide Squad is surprisingly fun so I like this micro-crossover approach that DC is taking.
And as horrible as it sounded, Geoff Johns really sold the Watchmen thing in the Rebirth special so I'm intrigued.

Yes-I too rolled my eyes when I heard it but it was sold very well and I'm in all the way. Rebirth has been great. The way this mystery has been spread all over the comics and Universe with little drips of information has been great.

Yes-I too rolled my eyes when I heard it but it was sold very well and I'm in all the way. Rebirth has been great. The way this mystery has been spread all over the comics and Universe with little drips of information has been great.

Yeah, I have my issues with Johns but when it come to solving weird continuity bullshit (the two Wallys) or selling a story idea that everybody should hate (Watchmen), there's no one like him.

Im curious to see how this is handled, i consider
Watchmen kind of holy territory and was skepticle to angry about this when the button first appeared. But it
Seems handled well so far.

Dalek

Yeah, I have my issues with Johns but when it come to solving weird continuity bullshit (the two Wallys) or selling a story idea that everybody should hate (Watchmen), there's no one like him.

I think he can sell this stuff because he does it with high emotion-seeing Barry remember and embrace Wally is one of the best comic moments ever.

DCRebirth-01-Page-52-800x715-10.jpg

Hagi

I'd hope Wally would be in this as well but probably not. I'm not really feeling either of those books right now to be honest. Kings Batman hasn't been as good as I'd thought it would be coming off reading Omega Men and Vision plus Flash hasn't been decent since Johns was on it.

Should be nice to get more insight into all this Doc Manhattan shenanigans at least.

Watchman can still be enjoyed, it didn't go away.
comic books and it's characters are toys. you play with them and put them thru different scenarios.

You say that now, but when this all ends with Dr. Manhattan erasing the events of Watchmen and DC letting it lapse into print to coincide with that!

I know it won't happen. Even if Watchmen never sold a single copy more, they'd keep it in print just to fuck with Alan Moore

Ross61

There's been nothing to suggest that New 52 Wally is going away anytime soon so I don't know why it keeps being brought up.

I'm pretty sure there have been books that replaced members much quicker than that.

But Rebirth is suppose to be a reassurance that they're not gonna fuck with fans (other than die hard Watchmen purists and sad Tim Drake fans) anymore like they did with New 52.

I don't trust DC to handle this elegantly.

It will be revealed that the Comedian is one of the Jokers, and a part of the soul of Dr Manhattan is Darkseid, Rorschach joins the Justice League and some dumb shit like that.

JTripper

It's revealed that Joker is a huge Watchmen fan and accidentally left his collectible replica button in the bat cave when he was there during
Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom