• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Button (Batman/Flash crossover) |OT] It never ends, Alan. Nothing ever ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

is Aaron's Jane Thor run closing out anytime soon? i'm on the last volume of his Odinson run

It hasn't been stated so-but with the rumored soft-relaunches this fall it's a possibility. She's always been on a ticking timer with her cancer.

jph139

Considering that both of these books have been iffy at best, and the premise is still something that's doomed to be stupid by it's very nature, I'm not really all that interested.

I'll buy it though.

I'm in for pre n52 Thawne.

As for Tim, only reason I can think of for him being held by Oz is that he's probably one of the likeliest people in the DCU to piece things together. No idea why that would necessitate snatching him from the Beyond timeline, though.

Pachimari

I should really catch up on this. Would you recommend me to read all Batman: Rebirth and Flash: Rebirth issues up till this event?

Wag

I haven't read DC in a while, but since when was Barry considered one of the "best detectives" in the DCU?

Okay, wow. I was expecting
Reverse Flash to stick around for longer than one issue
. So where does this event go now? What are we supposed to make of
Saturn Girl's
raving?

This was a brilliant issue. Jason Fabok's art is so good.

Just popped up or me on Comixology. Read it instantly.
As I said earlier, I'm not the biggest fan of King's Batman but this was a really good isue. No major reveal so far but some interesting twists and turns and the main fight was great. Batman wasn't the prep time Bat-god but he was still a resourceful bastard against
Thawne
. Also, the blond woman in Arkham is
Saturn Girl
, right?
And a great job by Fabok obviously.

Oh and we're getting a Batman / Shadow mini by Snyder according to an ad? Will definitely check it out.

Just popped up or me on Comixology. Read it instantly.
As I said earlier, I'm not the biggest fan of King's Batman but this was a really good isue. No major reveal so far but some interesting twists and turns and the main fight was great. Batman wasn't the prep time Bat-god but he was still a ressourceful bastard against
Thawne
. Also, the blond woman in Arkham is
Saturn Girl
, right?

And a great job by Fabok obviously.

Oh and we're getting a Batman / Shadow mini by Snyder according to an ad? Will definitely check it out.

Yes she is. I'm super intrigued by
her raving.
Given her appearance in this issue, I'm guessing
the Legion of Superheroes
is going to have a significant role in dealing with
"God"

Yes she is. I'm super intrigued by
her raving.
Given her appearance in this issue, I'm guessing
the Legion of Superheroes
is going to have a significant role in dealing with
"God"

Cool. I love that DC if finally getting ready to bring back both the
Legion and the JSA

What if.... The darkness is the DCEU and the last panel of the event is Manhattan saying "Snyder, you're fired."

I know... I know... Low hanging fruit...

SpaceWolf

Banned
Wasn't a huge fan of this issue. Just ten pages of a hockey game segueing into ten pages of Reverse Flash and Batman beating the shit out of each other.

Alienous

Wasn't a huge fan of this issue. Just ten pages of a hockey game segueing into ten pages of Reverse Flash and Batman beating the shit out of each other.

But man, what a great way to portray all of the characters involved.

The Flash
being able to say "I'll wrap this up and see you in a minute"
and actually mean it

Batman
keeping track of the time elapsed in the middle of a fight to the death

Reverse Flash with
flurries of punches contained within a second

This is how you make a comic book, god damn. Firing on all cylinders.

But man, what a great way to portray all of the characters involved.

The Flash
being able to say "I'll wrap this up and see you in a minute"
and actually mean it

Batman
keeping track of the time elapsed in the middle of a fight to the death

Reverse Flash with
flurries of punches contained within a second

This is how you make a comic book, god damn. Firing on all cylinders.

I thought it effectively sold the terrifying power of Reverse-Flash, especially when you realise those ten or so pages unfolded in real-time over a minute.

tim1138

I wasn't sure what to expect from Batman this week, but King and Fabok did not disappoint. I'm really going to be surprised if
we don't get a closing shot on Saturn Girl in Arkham with a trickle of blood splattered down the smiley face on the wall
. I find myself most drawn to
Thawne
and what role he's going to play in all this.

tim1138

Okay, wow. I was expecting
Reverse Flash to stick around for longer than one issue

RE: your spoiler

Thanks to solicits we know he survives, the Flash arc following the Button is about Thawne

I just realised the
smiley face
on the
"Arkham is for Healing" poster
is identical to the button.

There's
smileys
everywhere if you look hard enough...

RE: your spoiler

Thasks to solicits we know he survives, the Flash arc following the Button is about Thawne

There's
smileys
everywhere if you look hard enough...
Every page has at least one. Even Thawne becomes one after Batman spits blood on him.

ElNarez

Banned
Okay but seriously,
a hockey player dying and no one being able to do anything about it
is a fucking pitch-perfect Alan Moore-ism.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Is this out on digital already? Aw man, wonder if I should wait until it's complete or not, probably gonna get spoiled to death if I do.

tim1138

I typically avoid solicits, but knowing that, I'm even more interested in seeing where this event goes.

I noticed the subtle ones; it was the super obvious
poster
that I completely overlooked.

As I said in my impressions, I will be amazed if we don't see the super obvious one again.

My favorite visuals were
the hockey stick and center ice as the watch face
and
the panels with yellow backgrounds and Bats and Thawne in silhouette and the only other color is red from blood and on Thawne's costume.

Chairhome

I loved that
Barry was late.
It's been known that despite being the fastest man alive he is always late.
i was expecting it.

Didn't notice all the Watchmen similarities until I saw an article on cbr.

I did think it seemed a little short, but I feel like it set the stage well. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom