• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Rumor: Sony locked up Monster Hunter 5 for PS4. Coming in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
cYqh0gT.jpg

https://twitter.com/rpgsite/status/857749439313727489

Here is the Japanese link
http://jin115.com/archives/52174914.html

Neoxon

Isn't this similar to the 4chan rumor from a while back?

Either way, I'm not too sure if I believe this. Count me as wait-&-see. It'd be a major blow to the Switch if this was the case.

Unknown?

This would be huge in Japan! I really doubt it though. Then again they're in a position where they have leverage.

Guess it could happen. But I don't believe it.

It's almost like they pick the technologically inferior platforms as an excuse for them looking and running so badly.

Also for portability's sake, as of late, which leads me to believe that they'd go with Switch before ever considering PS4.

They would have had to pay a lot for it, and honestly the only thing it would help them with in Japan is to slightly slow down the Switch.

AmuroChan

There's no way. Monster Hunter is biggest in Japan, and the PS4 has a small install base there. 3DS/Switch makes way more sense business wise.

Ray Down

Banned
Capcom just announce it so I can stop hearing if it's coming to this or that already.

Especially people debating on this site if it will come to this or that.

sn00zer

This would be incredible. The jump from ps2-level to ps4 would just be interesting to see.

Also this is a bit weird considering Horizon basically took the concept and made it an actual hunting game

I remember this rumor floating around before the Switch launched.... in a post-Switch world it's really hard for me to be interested though. I hope it's not true.

As far a Japan sales goes PS4 needs a boost the most, so this would have been the smart move for Sony.

We'll see since Nintendo seems to publish MonHun in the west a lot.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I believe it, Capcom likes making baffling and counterintuitive decisions.

Like they will use the money from this to fund a high end exclusive Apple iOS game.

Tyaren

Not getting my hopes up yet. But a Monster Hunter on PS4 would be amazing. Imagine how great it would look. O:

If it moves to Switch it would be a lot easier to port to PS4.

Though that doesn't gel with the "locked up" comment which sounds absolutely absurd. It's going to be on some kind of handheld/mobile platform for sure.

ZoddGutts

Capcom is desperate right now for money hats, their games have been underperforming sales wise. So I wouldn't be surprise if this thing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom