• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Rumor: Sony locked up Monster Hunter 5 for PS4. Coming in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck I hope so. Love Monster Hunter but was so done with it being held back by its platform choices.
Facts, hope it's not locked up on PS4 though I don't want Nintendo MH fans to go through what we've been going through 😂😂😂

Infinite

Rather it be on the switch. If people want the "full power" of s game or whatever you better hope everything comes to PC then.

JB2448

So you actually want it on PC?

Absolutely. Monster Hunter would be a perfect fit for the PC gaming culture that storefronts like Steam have curated. In a perfect world, Capcom would make it available on PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One so no one would be left out just because of their platform choice.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I'm skeptical of exclusivity, but I'm sure Capcom has a price tag.

Would be an interesting risk and I'm sure Sony would be fitting the bill

Xbro

PS4 is the highest selling current gen console on Japan by far.

Its the most logical decision.

switch_zpsks65lnkb.jpg

think a little more;

I want this to be true. If Nintendo loses MonHun in Japan it would force them to lean harder on Game Freak to create a solid HD Pokemon RPG

please please Sony do this

Monster Hunter would sell gigatons if it could crossplay between Sony and Nintendo.

In my dreams but hey maybe if we try hard enough maybe it ends up on PC too

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I dont care if it's exclusive, just that PS4 is the lead platform and it takes full advantage of its power. Done with old school MonHunt, so much could be done with the concept.

Doubt this is true though.

Problem is that 3M or so Japanese players won't buy the game anymore until it comes to a portable platform, which would be horrible for Capcom.

If it's true, GG Capcom. Anyways, now all MH5 talk can be here instead of the MC Threads =D.

starmud

PS4/3DS.... we can listen to people complain forever that the PS4 version was held back.

I can't see them doing anything but a timed exclusive, PS4 for now and switch version later would be nice

Twiforce

Unless Capcom is planning on bringing back the Portable series, this would be harmful to the series popularity in Japan. Monster Hunter wasn't huge until the PSP games- a big part of it's popularity is the handheld local multiplayer culture in Japan. I can't imagine a console-exclusive game maintaining that popularity. Not having a Monster Hunter on the Switch is a mistake.

But considering Capcom's financial situation it's a maybe-believable rumor that they'd do this just to get the game funded, especially if Sony is aggressive enough to snatch this up just to get an advantage over the Switch (which considering their history this gen they totally are.)

I'd be really annoyed if this happened since I have no interest in a PS4 MonHun over a Switch MonHon, but it would at least be fun to see the resulting fanboy betraylton meltdowns.

Absolutely. Monster Hunter would be a perfect fit for the PC gaming culture that storefronts like Steam have curated. In a perfect world, Capcom would make it available on PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One so no one would be left out just because of their platform choice.

That's too much work for Capcom

I suspect it'll eventually be on Switch/PS4, though it'll be interesting as to when Capcom make that jump, because the first game is not going to sell 3DS numbers.

_PsiFire_

Sounds very plausible with all the bad decisions Capcom seems to be making.

This game would KILL on the Switch in Japan but hind site is 20/20 and Nintendo wasn't doing so hot until they revealed Switch and it took off the way it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom