• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Skilletor

Have you tried disabling your internet before doing it? Will it still count if you do it without internet?

A friend was telling me of people getting server issues.

I have no idea. Do you need to be online to receive rewards? That's the only reason I'm doing them...they're not very good.

How can you tell if you're disconnected from the server?

Learn, Capcom.

I can only hope, but I have a sinking suspicion that they won't. This is how you achieve accessibility, not through simplified systems, but a wide breadth of content and modes that appeal to many people. Also, now that I see it in action, the loot system thing is pretty damn smart as it incentivizes more experimental play with other characters which naturally extends the lifetime of the game for players.

I have no idea. Do you need to be online to receive rewards? That's the only reason I'm doing them...they're not very good.

How can you tell if you're disconnected from the server?
I'm not entirely sure since I haven't played the game yet (DAMN YOU UK RELEASE DATES)

But you can try disabling internet for your PS4 altogether by going into the settings menu of the PS4, going into network and disabling "connect to the internet".

erawsd

How is this game still sold out on Amazon? It's kinda nuts. I'm really itching to play it from all the stuff I've seen

Yeah, its nuts. I talked to Amazon CS yesterday and they said their supplier si working to get them new stock very soon. They did upgrade me one day shipping.

Skilletor

Why are there so many pro players in the beginners room, lmao? I don't fight them of course...

edit: It's a shame there are only 12 arenas though.

Define "pro" player.

I'm not entirely sure since I haven't played the game yet (DAMN YOU UK RELEASE DATES)

But you can try disabling internet for your PS4 altogether by going into the settings menu of the PS4, going into network and disabling "connect to the internet".

Dammit, Luce. :p

I'll try when I get home. At work now.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Really loving Batman. Did not expect to play him based on what I watched of the beta (unfortunately didn't get a code). He seems like a good all around pick. His 123, J2, 123, B2,3 combo is very easy to execute and does a ton of damage (around 36). He can turn into a zoner pretty easily with his special ability and his batarangs. He has 50/50s too with B2, 2 to low or overhead.

Bizazedo

I chose Flash as a main. I dunno why, but I liked the Reverse Flash gimmick and how vicious his interactions are. I was struggling with him just due to inexperience and opening up people when they stood to block or runaway.

Then I watched ChrisG show how powerful Flash is last night and went...."Oh."

Not that I think I'm good at NRS games, I'm not. I don't usually focus on them....but it was eye opening.

I broke down and switched to medium difficulty for story mode. I'm a bit disappointed in myself, but damn I'm gliding straight through the fights now.

Oh, and do the levels matter (equipment bonus etc)?
They matter in casual online/offline modes.

There's a thing called Tournament mode where all characters are on the same playing field, and gear only changes your looks nothing else.

Tournament mode is active by default in online ranked matches and in offline tournament modes.

In casual online/offline modes, both players have to agree to it on the character select screen but it's not necessary for both to do so.

They matter in casual online/offline modes.

There's a thing called Tournament mode where all characters are on the same playing field, and gear only changes your looks nothing else.

Tournament mode is active by default in online ranked matches and in offline tournament modes.

In casual online/offline modes, both players have to agree to it on the character select screen but it's not necessary for both to do so.

Oh, that could explain it, lol.

Just beat story mode. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the first one quite a bit but this was a massive improvement on every front.

A couple of nitpicks: Wonder Woman is the only character they got wrong. She's profoundly unlikable in this game. Even Superman, who's still a villain, had a much better arc.
And while Supergirl is central to the story, you don't play as her nearly enough. I feel like she should have
taken Batman's place during the final chapter.
But overall, I absolutely loved it.

Dominator

I'm addicted to the gear. I just spend $40 to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition just because I can see myself playing this for a long time.

Just beat story mode. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the first one quite a bit but this was a massive improvement on every front.

A couple of nitpicks: Wonder Woman is the only character they got wrong. She's profoundly unlikable in this game. Even Superman, who's still a villain, had a much better arc.
And while Supergirl is central to the story, you don't play as her nearly enough. I feel like she should have
taken Batman's place during the final chapter.
But overall, I absolutely loved it.

Same. There isn't a single redeeming quality/moment for Wonder Woman in this entire game. I was seriously disappointed by that.

The thirst is real. Is there going to be an EU specific guild or we just gonna add guilds until they stop filling up? Game unlocks at midnight, hopefully it's good!

f@luS

More than a member.
Anyone now why some layers of some multiverse challenge are blinking ? For exemple it's a 5 round one and the 4th one is blinking on thenmap

delSai

The thirst is real. Is there going to be an EU specific guild or we just gonna add guilds until they stop filling up? Game unlocks at midnight, hopefully it's good!

I was planning on making the "Hall of L's" around midnight. It'll probably be full in no time again, but unless NRS changes the Guild System that will keep happening lol

Is there any reason to horde currency from the single player campaign? Should I just buy Boxes with them basically as soon as I have enough to do so? Is there a best "bang for the buck" box tier?

Same. There isn't a single redeeming quality/moment for Wonder Woman in this entire game. I was seriously disappointed by that.

I think her interaction with Scarecrow shows why. As far down thr path that Superman is, wonder woman is way further. But this isn't surprising.
If you read the comic and the first game wonder woman really was the one who pushed superman. She pushed so she could be closer to him. She is thr woman behind the scenes pulling the strings who just so happens to be fighting on the front line too

There is only minor ij2 spoilers in thr above tag and a some for ij1 but I just tagged the whole thing

Gurrry

Finished story mode last night and god damn, its easily the best theyve done. I didnt really like injustice 1 (the dialogue was just too cheesy) but holy shit, this one is simply amazing. I really applaud all of the writers and directors on this. Fantastic job.

The one thing I kept being in awe at the whole time during the story mode was the facial animations. This is some of the best tech ive seen since LA Noire.

Now I just need to find out how to actually land a combo with Black Canary online.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'd forgotten how much of a pain in the ass it is to try and figure out the right combos to combine together ugh. That, and I need to take Kotal Kahn's combos out of my brain.

Gurrry

How do you unlock those premier skins? Is it through loot boxes or are they paid only?

Please dont tell me its the latter.

How do you unlock those premier skins? Is it through loot boxes or are they paid only?

You can get them by paying with "Source Crystals".

You can get Source Crystals by paying real money, or grind it out in the game. You get around 4k Source Crystals just for completing the story mode.

delSai

Source Crystals. You get them by playing the game. Finishing Story gets you some, finishing the tutorial, and everytime your profile levels up you get 100 as well.

You can spend real money to get them too but it can be grinded.

Marvel

could never
I'd forgotten how much of a pain in the ass it is to try and figure out the right combos to combine together ugh. That, and I need to take Kotal Kahn's combos out of my brain.
I'm sure I'll be the same but with getting Kenshi's combo's out of mine lol

Gurrry

You can get them by paying with "Source Crystals".

You can get Source Crystals by paying real money, or grind it out in the game. You get around 4k Source Crystals just for completing the story mode.

Ok thats fair. I wonder if future skins will be the same way?

Id love it if we could buy new characters with source crystals similarly to how you can get new characters in SFV, but I doubt it.

Also - is the 4k payout for story mode a one time only thing? Or can I play it again and get another 4k?

Magwik

Banned

Don't need to learn all new combos when you main a returning character
reece.JPG

Finished story mode last night and god damn, its easily the best theyve done. I didnt really like injustice 1 (the dialogue was just too cheesy) but holy shit, this one is simply amazing. I really applaud all of the writers and directors on this. Fantastic job.

The one thing I kept being in awe at the whole time during the story mode was the facial animations. This is some of the best tech ive seen since LA Noire.

Now I just need to find out how to actually land a combo with Black Canary online.

The animations up close are good but they look fantastic when the characters are further away. Their expressions are very lifelike.

I'm close to finishing the story and it's a lot of fun. I'm not really a fan of making superman "dark" in order to make him interesting. I think it's lazy. My favorite D.C. Comic is the 12-issue All Star Superman and it's an excellent superman story without him being a total asshole.

Btw catwoman will make any button masher look like a pro player.

Gurrry

The animations up close are good but they look fantastic when the characters are further away. Their expressions are very lifelike.

I'm close to finishing the story and it's a lot of fun. I'm not really a fan of making superman "dark" in order to make him interesting. I think it's lazy. My favorite D.C. Comic is the 12-issue All Star Superman and it's an excellent superman story without him being a total asshole.

Btw catwoman will make any button masher look like a pro player.

I forgot about the story in I1 but atleast his motives make sense in this game. They didnt just shoehorn Superman into that grey territory for no reason.

Also - I know people are saying Wonder Woman got shafted, which is probably true. However, take a moment to recognize how great of a job they did with the true female lead, Supergirl.

I went from not really caring about her, to being really invested in her by the end.

Nudull

Banned
Green Lantern was one of my mains in IJ1, but I'm not liking him as much here. Robin and Scarecrow I'm digging very much, but I didn't expect to really get into Harley. She plays like a dream.

Chairhome

I saw them do it in a Watchtower Stream, but how do you change GL's emblem to match his shader when customizing? Like changing his emblem to a Blue Lantern one when using the blue shader?

Gurrry

I saw them do it in a Watchtower Stream, but how do you change GL's emblem to match his shader when customizing? Like changing his emblem to a Blue Lantern one when using the blue shader?

I assumed it was through a new chest piece, but I might be wrong.

Sidenote - I love how the shaders change things about the characters particle effects and colors of their specials. Really cool.

Top Bottom