• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Slaythe

I'm a filthy casual at fighting games. Will I have fun with this? Or is this one hard to get into?

It has a lot of single player content and the characters have very varied playstyle.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Forget anything about playing online. I'm not gonna lie to you, but 90% of your experience is gonna be either fighting people too good for you where you don't get to learn anything and get perfected, or people as bad as you that just learned to play cheap characters that outzone you forever if you don't have a character who can get around zoning.

If you do intend to learn the game, then we can help you out here, and on the discord of the game's reddit.

It's not a hard game to get into and learn, it's fairly easy execution wise, but dealing with the constant zoning is gonna demand extreme patience and skill, which most "casual" player do not have.

But once again, the single player alone is worth it IMO.

Sheroking

I feel for non-preorder scrubs who are fighting deadshots online

because darkseid is great at ruining his fucking day

Over 100 ranked matches now and not a single Deadshot.

I'm convinced Robin, Supergirl and Green Lantern are the early online favorites, not Deadshot.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Story mode spoiler

The last fight against Braniac is straight up cheese. Should have seen the look on my face when I realized I had to fight him a second time.

Wow, Wonder Woman is utterly unlikable in this game. If that was intentional, great job.

Wonder Woman is the real villain in this universe.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'm surprised that I can still cheese a lot with Aquaman in casual matches just as I did in IJ1.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Story mode spoiler

The last fight against Braniac is straight up cheese. Should have seen the look on my face when I realized I had to fight him a second time.
It was worst for me because I was like
oh superman? I main him and still had some issues but i was relieved when i finished. then they made me do that shit with Batman and I was all 'ahh fuck'

dot

Eh, the final boss wasn't too bad as long as you stay close.

I chose the
batman
ending and thought it was disappointing. Just expected more out of it... :/

Eh, the final boss wasn't too bad as long as you stay close.

I chose the
batman
ending and thought it was disappointing. Just expected more out of it... :/

I chose the
Superman ending
first. It created interesting possibilities for the next Injustice game. I'd love to see NRS make
Brainiac-Superman
part of the game's canon. On the other hand, making the
Batman ending
canon has the potential to bring "
light
" back to the Injustice universe, with the creation of a new "
Justice League
" that aims to restore
hope

I'm interested in Doctor Fate and his cryptic
final message, "...if not Brainiac then..." Who or what is he referring to? Are the Lords of Order and their avatars the next threat?

It has a lot of single player content and the characters have very varied playstyle.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Forget anything about playing online. I'm not gonna lie to you, but 90% of your experience is gonna be either fighting people too good for you where you don't get to learn anything and get perfected, or people as bad as you that just learned to play cheap characters that outzone you forever if you don't have a character who can get around zoning.

If you do intend to learn the game, then we can help you out here, and on the discord of the game's reddit.

It's not a hard game to get into and learn, it's fairly easy execution wise, but dealing with the constant zoning is gonna demand extreme patience and skill, which most "casual" player do not have.

But once again, the single player alone is worth it IMO.
Thanks for the replies! I was really tempted by the single player. I want to improve at fighting games in general, so the Discord and clan sound like good avenues to get tips and whatnot. I'll probably pick it up.
Thanks for the warning about the online lol. I figured as much.

Lokimaru

Batman's point would have been made stronger if any of the villians in the society had switched sides to fight against Brainiac after learning of his true plans but they didn't proving Superman's point. Meanwhile it was the Regime members who were insrumental in taking down Brainiac, only to be taken out by the good guys because they wanted to end Brainiac's threat for good.
I just don't get it.

Lokimaru

Story mode spoiler

Wonder Woman is the real villain in this universe.

She's from a time when you punished the guilty harshly as a lesson to others. Same with Aquaman who laws also punish the guilty harshly. We only seem to punish POC harshly in this country. If the Joker was Black or Latino do you think he could get away with the shit he gets away with in the comics? Hell maybe that's the Joke

Batman's point would have been made stronger if any of the villians in the society had switched sides to fight against Brainiac after learning of his true plans but they didn't proving Superman's point. Meanwhile it was the Regime members who were insrumental in taking down Brainiac, only to be taken out by the good guys because they wanted to end Brainiac's threat for good.
I just don't get it.

Superman
had already tasted the power Brainiac wielded after taking control of his ship and restoring Earth's cities.
I think
Batman knew he wouldn't want to give it up - Superman wanted to kill Brainiac and use his power for himself. He says this much. Batman needed to stop him.

Gleethor

I chose the
Superman ending
first. It created interesting possibilities for the next Injustice game. I'd love to see NRS make
Brainiac-Superman
Batman ending
light
Justice League
" that aims to restore
hope

final message, "...if not Brainiac then..." Who or what is he referring to? Are the Lords of Order and their avatars the next threat?

Darkseid. Expect the next game to take place off-planet for a good chunk of the story. Apokolips, New Genesis, Oa.

Slaythe

I chose the
Superman ending
Brainiac-Superman
Batman ending
light
Justice League
" that aims to restore
hope

This is exactly why I hope to god they don't pick Batman as the canon one.

Otherwise Injustice loses its concept completely.

What is so interesting is that Superman is the ultimate hero, so having him as villain makes you wonder if he could be the ultimate villain.

In Injustice 1, he failed hard and was a clown.

In 2, he is set up to be much more. Plus Batman won the first game so Superman has to win this time.

The possibilities of
Brainiac-Superman's legion with Supergirl as hero opposing him and saving Batman in a final game of the trilogy, that'd be fantastic.

Because no matter how you look at it, Batman's ending would lead to the exact same plot we just had,
aka bringing back Superman to save the day at the end.Because they're never gonna get rid of Superman for good unless it's a sacrifice.

Darkseid. Expect the next game to take place off-planet for a good chunk of the story. Apokolips, New Genesis, Oa.

That's what I figured given
Superman's comments about discovering enough warriors from other alien races, including the Daxamites, to rival the combined might of the different Lantern Corps.
Injustice in
Space,
basically.

I thought of
Darkseid
too, after that conversation with
Fate
. I'd love to see something similar to
Final Crisis,
with
Darkseid enforcing order through oppression
. I love that the
Lords of Order
have a role in things to come, even if that role is largely passive.

Spoilers galore.

Anyway.. redeemed and installed Darkseid but he's still showing as locked in my game. Even after rebooting. Any Europeans also having this problem? Has it got to do anything with the game officially not being out yet. If so, lame as hell.

Durden77

Maybe it's been too long since I've played Injustice 1, but I don’t get the beginning of the story of this one.

*extremely early spoilers*

Batman went with Robin to get Superman, who was....rounding up inmates to...kill them? I thought Supes was incarcerated at the end of I1? And then he flies off with Robin, but then cut to Bruce saying that "Superman and my own son" are in jail. I'm confused

Is this just a cutaway thing I'm supposed to get until later on or something? If it is please don't spoil, but if not please explain.

Anyway.. redeemed and installed Darkseid but he's still showing as locked in my game. Even after rebooting. Any Europeans also having this problem? Has it got to do anything with the game officially not being out yet. If so, lame as hell.

Shouldnt be the case since i got the game since wednesday.

If you are on PS4 maybe restore the licenses and restart the console?

Had a problem with not being able to connect to the Injustice Server and it worked after that.

Maybe it also helps in your case.

Vice

Maybe it's been too long since I've played Injustice 1, but I don’t get the beginning of the story of this one.

Batman went with Robin to get Superman, who was....rounding up inmates to...kill them? I thought Supes was incarcerated at the end of I1? And then he flies off with Robin, but then cut to Bruce saying that "Superman and my own son" are in jail. I'm confused

Is this just a cutaway thing I'm supposed to get until later on or something? If it is please don't spoil, but if not please explain.
that was a flashback

Sheroking

It's just a minor retcon, a scene that happened before the end of Injustice 1, so they can explain Damian's presence.

Spoilers galore.

I'd say it's most likely due to the game not being released. If Darkseid is still locked after the official launch in your country, then I'd be concerned. Do you have a digital or physical copy?

I'd say it's most likely due to the game not being released. If Darkseid is still locked after the official launch in your country, then I'd be concerned. Do you have a digital or physical copy?
That can't be it. I'm in the UK and Darkseid appeared on the character select screen after he was downloaded and installed.

Just a little while to go until the game unlocks.

But I can't play cause I gotta give a final in 5 and a half hours.

Goddamn it. At least I can play in 9 hours!

So that's supposed to be
like a lost chapter from Injustice 1? After Superman started going dark but before he started the full on Regime? Or I guess it could have been during the Regime.

Yes, a "
lost chapter
". It takes place chronologically in the
first year
following the destruction of Metropolis.

Just beat story mode. It was pretty meh. The production of it was great, but the actual writing left a lot to be desired. I will say they've pretty much perfected weaving in the fights into the story with this one.

Anyone playing with a stick? I usually would but the meter burn method in this makes it awkward af

I know injustice was designed for controllers anyway and I'm struggling to use a fight stick

Top Bottom