• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's new Splatoon 2-themed Switch case looks nuts, announced first for Japan

samred

Plus some other official Nintendo accessories; these all popped up on Switch's "News" feed for Japanese accounts today, and better images can be found at Nintendo's Japanese "topics" site.

Splatoon 2 case first. Has room for a TV dock, Pro Controller, charge grip, power/HDMI cables, two game cases, the system + attached Joy-Cons to that, and a little more. Plus has an admittedly sick Splatoon zipper handle.

00000646_01.jpg

00000646_02.jpg

Now, the "image cover" (as per rough Google translation), which doubles as a book-style protector for the hardware (leaving Joy-Cons exposed) AND a table stand... WITH AN OPENING FOR THE POWER CABLE TO SLIP THROUGH. Took y'all long enough.

00000646_10.jpg

00000646_12.jpg

Also, Nintendo is releasing a harder screen-protector that doubles as a PRIVACY FILTER and a few more series-branded soft carrying cases. (Nintendo's official soft carrying case is awesome but only comes in boring black for now.) Full Japanese info page for all of these new cases here.

These all launch in July. Unsure about other countries getting these.

Zip me up with that sick-looking ARMS zipper handle if old.

EDIT: No, seriously, this ARMS zipper handle is amazing:

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Those all seem like great accessories. I don't know if I'd buy any of them, but I appreciate them regardless.

EDIT: Actually, I could use one of those small carrying cases to protect the screen while transporting it.

Shiggy

The Splatoon ones are ugly as shit, the cover one looks useful though, especially as it acts as a stand.

Neiteio

Looks awesome, would be perfect for bringing everything over to a friend's place.

What do you mean the new screen protector has a "privacy filter," though?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Looks awesome, would be perfect for bringing everything over to a friend's place.

I believe it limits the viewing angle.

samred

From Nintendo of Japan's product page, linked above:

It is a screen filter dedicated to Nintendo Switch, which makes the game screen being played invisible from the side. Recommended when you want to concentrate on the game alone without worrying about surrounding eyes such as traveling by bullet train or plane.

aka waifu sim mode

Jackano

Wow finally an accessory who does several thign in a cool and clever way. I definitely will buy this if it happens to release in PAL land or at least at a decent price on play-asia.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

Limits the viewing angle so someone next to you can't see what's on the screen.

bI98erb.jpg

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
butwhy.gif

I agree. I don't really know what you could be doing on a Switch currently that would be embarrassing or require privacy for the average person, but perhaps Switch will soon get more games that will create that need.

Ah, I see. Seems like such a screen protector would just make it harder for two people when playing together in tabletop mode, though.

It seems super easy to remove, so I think they just expect you to quickly snap it off. Unless you're playing one of those games that is embarrassing co-op in a public place, I suppose.

Richie

Privacy screen protector is pretty curious since, isn't strangers seeing you playing and getting interested what Nintendo wants? It's in the DNA of the Switch's viral nature! Lol

The other accessories look pretty cool

samred

I agree. I don't really know what you could be doing on a Switch currently that would be embarrassing or require privacy for the average person, but perhaps Switch will soon get more games that will create that need.

won't have to wait for long, but they're gonna have to add the "hd rumble simulating the feeling of boobs" filter soon, too:

NWZjOThhOGY1OCMvSENlREFrNG1kRnFDaHl0dUhlQWhsMkc4Vmx3PS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20veWR0M2Nybm11ZWtkZ2R0emRpa2I0dHhta3BpcHhyeGxpank3emp3dmttbDlkbXc4aGNsZ2V2cXp1YmZyeTVyaC5naWY.gif

Neiteio

Seriously interested in that case, tho. I currently just throw everything in a grocery bag when I take it a friend's place. I like the idea of a Splatoon-themed lunchbox with convenient pockets for the system, controllers, cables, etc. The ARMS-themed zipper is icing on the cake!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
won't have to wait for long, but they're gonna have to add the "hd rumble simulating the feeling of boobs" filter soon, too:

NWZjOThhOGY1OCMvSENlREFrNG1kRnFDaHl0dUhlQWhsMkc4Vmx3PS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20veWR0M2Nybm11ZWtkZ2R0emRpa2I0dHhta3BpcHhyeGxpank3emp3dmttbDlkbXc4aGNsZ2V2cXp1YmZyeTVyaC5naWY.gif

So you can play that Senran Kagura game in public, of course.

That game is exactly what I was thinking of. I wonder if Nintendo is specifically thinking of that game, too. (Along with other games they might want to attract.)

For the lazy:

00000646_04.jpg
00000646_05.jpg
00000646_06.jpg

I think the Mario Kart one is my favorite, but if I were more into ARMS as a brand, that one would be pretty cool, too. I'd like a Judd and Biff carrying case, Nintendo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rather like the look, shape wise, of these cases:

EMnIWwo.jpg

They look, admittedly from a one sided photo, a little less bulky than some of the other cases on the market.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

It's annoying to have someone next to you on a flight just staring at your game not saying anything, most likely. Alternately, in Japan it may be considered polite to have one so the motion and colors of the screen don't distract the people next to you.

Neiteio

Ooo, those Splatoon 2 Joy-Con hardcovers are sexy

We're gonna have to import this stuff, aren't we?

Maybe Jintor can mail them to me

ggx2ac

Now, the "image cover" (as per rough Google translation), which doubles as a book-style protector for the hardware (leaving Joy-Cons exposed) AND a table stand... WITH AN OPENING FOR THE POWER CABLE TO SLIP THROUGH. Took y'all long enough.

00000646_10.jpg

00000646_12.jpg

I would get this.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The full explosion of Splatoon accessories launching alongside the game.

I sense a major Switch restock happening in Japan on July 21.

It's annoying to have someone next to you on a flight just staring at your game not saying anything, most likely. Alternately, in Japan it may be considered polite to have one so the motion and colors of the screen don't distract the people next to you.

I was wondering if there might be a cultural component there. Good idea.

Neiteio

I pretty much want every accessory in here. The bookcover/tabletop stand, the Splatoon lunchbox, the Mario Kart case, and the Splatoon joy-con covers being the standouts.

Someone said these are already on Amazon? Where? Is it only Amazon Japan? Can a US Amazon account order from Amazon Japan? Is there an import tax?

Top Bottom