• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm at a point where I just want everything to release on the Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuardo

The portable nature of the Switch has been magnificent to me. I am still happy to play games on the TV, certainly if wanting to experience a visual showcase, but I'm at a point where I would happily take graphical reductions if only to have a portable Switch version of just about any game that interests me now.

I've become so accustomed to playing portably that I sometimes have to find a right mood to sit up and play in front of the TV. In many cases, I would rather play portably, and it is to this end that I am so grateful I own a Vita, as PS4 remote play just about manages to stave me off clamouring for Switch ports of stuff like Persona 5 and Yakuza.

That said, since remote play isn't always of the best quality on the Vita, I still find myself wishing for Switch ports of such games regardless. I don't mean to be one of those port beggars, but... each time a new game is announced and Switch isn't in the list, I'm always pretty disappointed. I can understand it for performance heavy games like Destiny 2 and whatnot, but there is definitely a part of me that wishes just about all third party games would have a Switch version made available too.

As an aside, I feel like the Switch could be a fantastic visual novel device. I've just finished playing through both Steins;Gate games recently, and whilst they look great on Vita, imagining what they could be like on the Switch in high resolution gets me pining for ports of not just Steins, but other VNs, such as Danganronpa, Zero Escape, and whatever other popular Japanese VNs there are. It could quite easily be the Vita replacement in this regard.

In general, though, whilst I don't think the Switch (portable mode) is good at all for fighting games unless Nintendo produces a proper plus-shaped d-pad Joy-Con (seriously, please make one, Nintendo; I will buy it), I am eager for just about everything else to release on this thing. I really hope more devs see the appeal in having portable versions of their games, because I am willing to take a graphically inferior version if it means I can play it portably on the Switch.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I look forward to you and others vocalizing this desire in every new game announcement thread.

Only time and demand will tell, give it one year and if it has a sizeable base then you might see your wish brought to fruition, but then devs might look at the switch and end saying "yeahhh nope" due to the returns. Switching catching up to xbone or PS4 numbers are not likely. So all you can do is play the waiting game OP

I wouldn't port beg for them, but it's a really nice platform to play on. The convenience and just quickness of getting in and out is pretty remarkable.
Most indies and Japanese games would probably be better on it though I can see why AAA wouldn't want to port online only/focused titles.

It's quite possible that it will see a plethora of releases; if sales continue to maintain momentum. At the very least, it won't be a Wii U.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I want everything the system can handle. I don't want noticeably compromised versions of games, but indies seem to be doing fine.

Crazyorloco

Same sentiments. I haven't been this into gaming since before the Wii. The portable factor gives me more time to play. I save a lot of my cell phone's battery now because I don't use it as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom