• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To go to a 90s style rave by myself, or not to go..

DavidDesu

Starts in just over an hour, I bought 4 tickets as I thought my mate was going to go and a couple of his mates could have been up for it. Comes to yesterday and they're not interested and he's flaked out over money and work. Can't seem to sell the tickets and my girlfriend isn't interested either, not her kind of thing.

I've been to gigs before by myself but this feels different. I'm not sure I can stand awkwardly hanging around by myself getting drunk plucking up the courage to dance here, but I still want to go. In the heat of the moment I predict it might not be that bad at all.

Argh what to do..

PSqueak

Banned
Back when i was in college, a buddy was into the rave scene and he specifically argued that you should NOT go to a rave alone.

Anth0ny

90s style rave? like 90s music? that sounds great, go!

I go to raves by myself all the time. none of my friends are really into the music, but I love it too much. I lose myself in it and usually don't even drink or get high.

DavidDesu

90s style rave? like 90s music? that sounds great, go!

I go to raves by myself all the time. none of my friends are really into the music, but I love it too much. I lose myself in it and usually don't even drink or get high.

Yeah, nothin but 90's rave music.

Dunno if that will work, lol.

In two minds. Not to stir up the flames of self-righteous Gaf, if I knew I could get hold of an ecstasy I'd feel a lot more up for it, lol.

Nameless

If you were single I'd say go. Some of my most fun and fruitful nights have been when I roll solo. You have a GF, though, so I'm not seeing much of a point unless you're a fan of the DJ or really need an excuse to go out and get fucked up.

MedIC86

Just go and see what its like? i mean if it sucks you can leave, but if its nice you can spend a few hours there.

Gav

Go.

I go to trance nights at least twice a month on my own. Meet people there, no worrying about staying together with friends, and just dance like a moron.

I'm going in 20 mins to one, too!

Yeah, nothin but 90's rave music.

Dunno if that will work, lol.

In two minds. Not to stir up the flames of self-righteous Gaf, if I knew I could get hold of an ecstasy I'd feel a lot more up for it, lol.

You don't wanna take drugs alone man, that's a horrible idea. You're gonna need backup just in case.

Drink lots of water.

Terrible idea, people have died from drinking too much water on ecstacy. Another reason why you need a friend to go with you.

NandoGip

Try to sell them for cheap outside of the venue. if you sell them, cut your loss and go home. Next time don't buy shit for people.

The Kree

Banned
Try to verify the age range of the crowd before going.

Last time I tried to go to one of these in my city, I found a bunch of 14 year-olds doing molly and fingering each other.

I've never
giphy.gif
ed
out of a situation faster in my life.

DavidDesu

Last time I tried to go to one of these in my city, I found a bunch of 14 year-olds doing molly and fingering each other.

I've never
giphy.gif
ed

Haha, it's a proper venue with strict security etc. From the FB looks like a mix of 20 somethings and folk from the original era, mid 40's types... I'm 32.

As for the drugs thing, yeah I'm hopeless at going about this kinda thing so I'll likely only be getting drunk, and I've done it a couple of times so I think I know what I'm doing, but yeah super suspicious of random pills so probably scare myself off of that. Having a shower anyway... let's see if I decide to go.

R0ckman

I've never
giphy.gif
ed

Yeah, I was going to mention stuff like this, add the smell of human funk and sweat and its not worth it.

DavidDesu

Just go, Main advice is don't accept open drinks from strangers. Have fun

Haha, no worries, would never, don't want to find myself dismembered in a suitcase.

Well, gonna head. It's the going in part I hate. Been to some gigs by myself (honestly, it's better dancing to a band I love and not having anyone else to worry about losing on my 5th trip to the toilet, I just hate going in looking like a knob to begin with!

Likely nothing too crazy will happen, and if it does can I be memorialised in some way on Gaf? WISH ME LUCK

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
PLUR!

*rocking my JNCO jeans, fisherman's hat and sucking on a neon soother*

Go there, take some pills, enjoy the music and by the end of the night you'll have some better new friends than your current bunch of let downs

I always lost my mates within minutes of getting past security anyway. Just go and get your raving soes on and if anyone asks you say your pals are at the bar. Simple.

subrock

Looks like fun, do it!

Don't drink your courage, just get on the dancefloor and feel the tunes. If everyone is on MDMA anyway you'll likely make friends before too long.

Top Bottom