• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawbreakers launches August 8, 2017 - $29.99

Pretty lame dig by Cliff. Multiplayer only games have every right to be worth $60 as much as single player games, especially this generation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Announced at PC Gaming Show

PC and PS4

"None of that $60 bullshit for Multiplayer only shooters" - CliffyB

battleborn7.jpg

Ha ha No, no they don't deserve to be full priced if they are Multiplayer only
If they have enough content I don't see why not, I definitely put more time in to most mp games this Gen than sp ones.

This mentality only leads to shitty tacked on campaigns like Battlefield or For Honor or whatever

Anoxida

?? Explain. A MP game can have a bunch of maps which accumilates in tons of assets and can potentially entertain your for hundreds if not thousands of hours. Why the hell can't they be 60 dollars?

Marcel

Pretty lame dig by Cliff. Multiplayer only games have every right to be worth $60 as much as single player games, especially this generation.

All Blizzard has to do is temporarily drop the price or do another double EXP weekend and you can put Lawbreakers to bed. Cliff shouldn't even bother with unsubtle jabs when his game has much more to prove and he knows it since he priced it at $29.99.

If it's good it will stand on its own. The 90s Sega-tier banter is unnecessary and cringey.

CHC

30 dollars seems like it really could prevent it from being DOA. That said, I'm not particularly interested personally, based on what I've seen, but I do hope it finds an audience. Good release timeframe too, summer is quiet.

Why? They feature a lot of content that is much more dynamic than single player games that are inherently meant to have more time put in as well. They can actually be updated to be fixed more constantly than single player games and are subject to much more dev feedback than single player only games.

If a single player only game can be $60, so can multiplayer only. What benefit do games like Battlefield 1 have having a tacked on singleplayer anyway?

bounchfx

the price and his quote are great, but lets be honest, this game would be fucking DOA at $60. Hell, I'm still worried about it at $30, but it was a good, if not necessary move. I really hope it comes out good. I like Cliffy and I loved UT, but I'm still tentative. Will try it again for sure.

Why is Zelda 60 dollars if its only single player?

Because it'll still work in ten years as it doesn't need to rely on servers that will eventually be shut down?

(I don't necessarily agree that MP shooters shouldn't be $60, I'm just responding to the particular question as to the obvious difference between SP and MP only.

Top Bottom