• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawbreakers launches August 8, 2017 - $29.99

surprised to say this actually doesn't look fun to me [like, at all].

i'll reserve judgment until i'm playing it for real on my PC, but doesn't look good to me.

I have played this game. It is good. I like it better than Overwatch.

I have sold old keys for the pc beta that still might work... I am supposed to share them...

I was in the early alpha of this game and wow. I've been involved in early tests before but this game has to have had the biggest turnaround I've ever seen.

It's the only time I actually felt like the feedback myself and others gave actually was listened to. The game was utter crap back then but the last few waves of the beta was so much fun. Will definitely be getting day 1.

I don't personally have a problem with spending $60 on a multiplayer-only game, but there's definitely been a trend lately of multiplayer-only games with shockingly sparse content (Rainbow Six, Star Wars Battlefront, Overwatch) so I feel the criticism isn't exactly unfair.

That said I'm not sure charging for a game like this makes much sense at all, unfortunately. As bad as most free-to-play models are, there doesn't seem to be a lot of viability for smaller paid-only multiplayer games like Lawbreakers. Network effects can be a real bitch.

How does Siege have shockingly sparse content?

Battlefront is probably the only one of the three you could level that at because it had boat loads of paid DLC.

Beta date:
Before launch day arrives we’ve got more Beta action for you and it will be here before you know it. This next beta will include a brand new map (Vertigo), a new game mode (Uplink) and a new Weapons Sticker for beta players. If you haven’t played yet, it’s a great chance to get into the action. Head to the Beta Registration Page and sign Up Now!["http]

June 28
9am PDT / Noon EDT / 6pm CEST
Beta Keyholders Only

June 30
Keyholders + New Players via Steam

Event Ends
July 3

no mention of PS4

trailer for the new map: https://youtu.be/j4ViAhuP5wk

battleborn7.jpg

Battleborn has a full campaign

I'm in day 1 for LB, played a ton of the beta and really enjoyed my time with it

Hupsel

Cliff was amazing during the conference. He was totally honest, even said that the game wouldn't be balanced at launch (like it usually happens with multiplayer games). Thumbs up. Ill probably buy it.

I think I may have missed the reason why Cliffy B. skipped on the Xbox for this. Is he actually against the platform?

In Geoff interview he said that with so small team they wanted to concentrate only on two platforms and PS4 made more sense than Xbox because it has way bigger userbase, They might look at Xbox version if the game is successful.

In Geoff interview he said that with so small team they wanted to concentrate only on two platforms and PS4 made more sense than Xbox because it has way bigger userbase, They might look at Xbox version if the game is successful.

That would be cool, otherwise I hope it will run on my laptop with the lowest settings enabled lol

Thanks for the info, by the way. :)

$30 is an easy buy. Looks fun AF and I need a good multiplayer shooter to keep me occupied til Battlefront 2 drops.

In if it's as good as it looks in these trailers.

When it was at PAX they were saying PC only. Sony must have thrown them a bone for console exclusivity.

Nah.

Cliffy said he has a small team and they could only work on the one console. It made sense to go for PS4 with the bigger user base. He didn't rule out a future Xbox release.

I'm in on day one, and the skins you get on the $40 deluxe edition(and for pre-ordering normally) are off the chain.

I've really enjoyed my time with LawBreakers, the game has changed a lot since the Alpha, and it's currently my favorite hero shooter out of the available hero shooters.

Does the game have unlocks, progression, and class customization, or is it more like Overwatch with fixed characters/loadouts? I don't care about cosmetic customization, I'm referring to gameplay loadouts.

Top Bottom