• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawbreakers launches August 8, 2017 - $29.99

Also for the record what are some 60 dollar multiplayer only shooters recently?

Battlefield has campaigns, cod has campaigns, r6 siege is kinda mp only but it does have 10 small sp missions, overwatch is 40 dollars on its main platform (and really there's no excuse for it having the 20 dollar console tax so I'll agree there), titanfall 2 has a great sp... I guess the only ones are titan fall 1 and battlefront, both of which got lambasted for not having enough content

HariKari

Also for the record what are some 60 dollar multiplayer only shooters recently?

Battlefield has campaigns, cod has campaigns, r6 siege is kinda mp only but it does have 10 small sp missions, overwatch is 40 dollars on its main platform (and really there's no excuse for it having the 20 dollar console tax so I'll agree there), titanfall 2 has a great sp... I guess the only ones are titan fall 1 and battlefront, both of which got lambasted for not having enough content

Siege has a $15 dollar starter edition with more grind to encourage monetization. It's pretty neat. I wish more games would try that.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Will buy. There's so many games coming out and all relatively soon! I can't let these games interfere with work and class anymore though. *Sigh* the struggle

This shit looks good and the price is right.

giphy.gif

Ha ha No, no they don't deserve to be full priced if they are Multiplayer only
But this is wrong.

For example, I had more than my money's worth in Titanfall 1 and Overwatch than I did in something like Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's all about the quality of the game, not what mode/type of game that quality comes from. Thinking otherwise is backwards and ignorant.

Yaari

"None of that $60 bullshit for Multiplayer only shooters" - CliffyB

Right.. only because the competition is strong for these games. Let's not act as if it would be 30$ if there wasnt any.

I don't personally have a problem with spending $60 on a multiplayer-only game, but there's definitely been a trend lately of multiplayer-only games with shockingly sparse content (Rainbow Six, Star Wars Battlefront, Overwatch) so I feel the criticism isn't exactly unfair.

That said I'm not sure charging for a game like this makes much sense at all, unfortunately. As bad as most free-to-play models are, there doesn't seem to be a lot of viability for smaller paid-only multiplayer games like Lawbreakers. Network effects can be a real bitch.

I'm not convinced even he believes that dumb statement about multiplayer games not being worth $60. Might just be marketing, but it's shitty thing to say that plays into all the dumb YouTube comment arguments.

For some reason I thought they were going F2P, but obviously not.

Chille

Why? They feature a lot of content that is much more dynamic than single player games that are inherently meant to have more time put in as well. They can actually be updated to be fixed more constantly than single player games and are subject to much more dev feedback than single player only games.

If a single player only game can be $60, so can multiplayer only. What benefit do games like Battlefield 1 have having a tacked on singleplayer anyway?

I only buy BF1 and CoD for the single player, same reason I bought Titanfall 2, only online game that kept me on is FFXIV and Warframe.

Pretty lame dig by Cliff. Multiplayer only games have every right to be worth $60 as much as single player games, especially this generation.

Agreed. I put more time in Titanfall more than a lot of single player games combined.

It was kinda bs that they made it $60 on consoles

Well the Origins Edition is $60 on PC. The issue is they forced console gamers to get the Origins Edition without an option for the base $40 game.

haven't played much, but it just seemed mechanically difficult

the fast freeform movement is great on large maps, but the close quarters combat requires a lot of twitch precision

also it will probably be impossible to balance all the characters because the skill cap of just getting the most out of each ability/weapon is too high

edit; i don't understand why this is on console. nobody will be able to hit anything

Right.. only because the competition is strong for these games. Let's not act as if it would be 30$ if there wasnt any.
The original plan when development was first announced was F2P, but they ultimately weren't happy with any of the monitization options they were looking at.

Because it'll still work in ten years as it doesn't need to rely on servers that will eventually be shut down?

this argument is hilarious to me. you're worried about paying 60 dollars for a game you might still want to play a decade from now? i'm pretty sure if that ends up happening, you've gotten your money's worth.

Top Bottom