• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DBFZ producer declines to acknowledge Switch port demands, wants you to buy XV2

Terrell

So, after Dragon Ball FighterZ producer Tomoko Hiroki stated on record that a DBFZ Switch port would be considered based on fan demand, when asked about that outpour of response Bandai Namco received and if she wished to address the fans she elicited a response from, she stated the following:

KS: There’s an overwhelmingly insane support for a Nintendo Switch version of FighterZ. Have you seen the outreach and is there anything you would like to say to them?

TH: In terms of the Switch version, we’re currently working on Xenoverse 2 for the Switch, so we want players to first go there, and then we can talk about FighterZ.

Not that I'm surprised they want to push Xenoverse 2 or anything, but going from "ask for it" to essentially holding it hostage behind Xenoverse 2's consumer reception and not even acknowledging the fans who did what was asked of them just screams "dick move".

Thoughts?

Terrell

Not a dick move, it's normal they want to test the waters before committing on a new market.

Then why say DBFZ will be considered based on fan demand, when that's clearly not the case at all? And more importantly, not even acknowledging the response from fans that the producer herself elicited from them?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
FighterZ Switch is probably a done deal, but they would be stupid to announce it now just before the XV2 Switch release.

Then why say DBFZ will be considered based on fan demand, when that's clearly not the case at all?

Fan demand includes Dragonball franchise interest on the console, I mean the very first time she answered this question she plugged XV2 interest in the answer, this is nothing surprising.

On a late port where support is ending for it in October =/

I think what they want is a gauge meter on the general interest of the dragonball franchise on switch, I'm sure this would be factored in

SephLuis

Then why say DBFZ will be considered based on fan demand, when that's clearly not the case at all?

Even if they know there's fan demand, they still have to release on everywhere else first.
So, after they finished that, they will consider if the Switch will or will not receive the game. I think it will, but it's not a priority at this point.

Skux

Then why say DBFZ will be considered based on fan demand, when that's clearly not the case at all? And more importantly, not even acknowledging the response from fans that the producer herself elicited from them?

Because people say they want things all the time. Actually buying them is a different story.

Terrell

Seems sensible enough to gauge demand for one Dragon Ball game based on the reception of another.

I guess they want fans to put their money where their mouth is.

Fan demand includes Dragonball franchise interest on the console, I mean the very first time she answered this question she plugged XV2 interest in the answer, this is nothing surprising.

I think what they want is a gauge meter on the general interest of the dragonball franchise on switch, I'm sure this would be factored in

Even if they know there's fan demand, they still have to release on everywhere else first.
So, after they finished that, they will consider if the Switch will or will not receive the game. I think it will, but it's not a priority at this point.

Because people say they want things all the time. Actually buying them is a different story.

That's like gauging Mario fan demand using Paper Mario Color Splash. They play completely differently and it's understandable that even DBZ fans might be more interested in buying FighterZ for its play style over Xenoverse 2.

It's still dumb because Xenoverse has been out for a while, and the two games play very differently

Nanashrew

Banned
I still plan on getting Xenoverse 2 but i dislike these tests using old ports. Ever since the Wii it has not given us anything =/

It's still dumb because Xenoverse has been out for a while, and the two games play very differently

That's like gauging Mario fan demand using Paper Mario Color Splash. They play completely differently and it's understandable that even DBZ fans might be more interested in buying FighterZ for its play style over Xenoverse 2.

The game is not intended to be bought by just hardcore fighting games fan, they want to reach the casual DB franchise fans too, which XV2 will be a gauge meter for.

I get why they would say that, but I really hate the "buy the game you don't want, to get the one you want". Doesn't matter if it's a switch port or just a new entry in a series.

bumpkin

I would be there day one for DBF, but they would have to pay me to buy XV2. The Tenkaichi style DBZ games are trash.

Kouriozan

Well of course, I already saw that "please buy our old port that you already played to get our next game" before.
They shouldn't have asked for fans demand then if it didn't matter. Maybe they didn't expect it to be that strong.

Neoxon

FighterZ Switch is probably a done deal, but they would be stupid to announce it now just before the XV2 Switch release.
If FighterZ is indeed coming to the Switch, waiting for Xenoverse 2 to drop would make the most sense so it can make its money.

gogogow

Right. That's why we got RE4-2 after RE4 Wii Edition sold a shitton. Oh wait. That's why we got RE4-2 when Umbrella Chronicles sold so well. Oh wait. We got another rail shooter instead! These "tests" are fucking stupid. And they are asking 50 for an old ass port? Yeah, good luck with that. And btw, it was the producer herself asking the fans if there was demand in the first place. So it's not just people out of nowhere saying they want things.

Poorly worded. He should have said something along the lines of, "As of right now, on Switch DBX2 has our undivided attention. Once we achieve our goal of a successful launch on then platform, we'll then be ready to talk about our further support for the system." More PR speak, but less of a hostage threat vibe.

Sorry ma'am but fuck out of here with that nonsense. If you knew DBZF was in the works, what makes you think I'd spend $60 on XV2?

Can't milk me.

I already bought Xenoverse 2 for ps4 but would love to have fighterz on switch. Am I supposed to buy the game again if I want the next game for switch?

Neoxon

I already bought Xenoverse 2 for ps4 but would love to have fighterz on switch. Am I supposed to buy the game again if I want the next game for switch?
Sounds more like they're waiting until after Xenoverse 2 hits the Switch before they can mention anything else about DBFZ on the Switch.

Balfour

Don't blame her. She probably is required to respond with this from her Namco employers (she works for ArcSys but remember Namco still controls DBFZ in the long run)

Terrell

The game is not intended to be bought by just hardcore fighting games fan, they want to reach the casual DB franchise fans too, which XV2 will be a gauge meter for.
And as I said, even casual fans may prefer FighterZ over Xenoverse 2, as they play very differently. Making this about hardcore fighting game fans doesn’t follow.

Top Bottom