• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Switch is Possessed

Kaban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsTJ3RdUotY

Just going to paste my Youtube description below. You get the idea:

Apologies for the vertical video, and some shaking. Was trying to fiddle with the joycons/volume while I was recording.

Just opened my Switch last night expecting a working videogame console, and got a byproduct of the hellfires of Beelzebub himself.

In handheld mode, everything works fine, including playing in kickstand mode with joycons out. In docked mode, everything goes to shit. Menus don't load, joycons sync and de-sync at will, and removing the system from docked mode will sometimes just turn the screen black, and I have to restart the system.

Later on, the UI seemed to be working a little more quickly. But then I open Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and got this hot mess.

I'm not sure if it's the dock or the console itself. I don't think it's the TV, since other consoles work on it just fine. Anyway, I've set up a repair with Nintendo. I'm almost impressed by how broken this particular unit is. Even the customer service rep on the help line had never heard of anything like this, and I have yet to find anyone with a similar issue. I can take comfort in the fact that I owned the patient zero of Nintendo Switches.

Lil Marco

Banned
Buying a console at launch = participating in a hardware beta

There are many issues that won't be apparent until the sample size hits a large number, so its not something they can entirely solve during product development- unless they do it Apple style and have employees using prototypes in the real world for months on end

We've gone through this so many times....

SalvaPot

Buying a console at launch = participating in a hardware beta

There are many issues that won't be apparent until the sample size hits a large number, so its not something they can entirely solve during product development- unless they do it Apple style and have employees using prototypes in the real world for months on end

We've gone through this so many times....

Poor guy, he will have to wait a week to get his console back, problem free.

Edit: Mostly joking, I feel it sounded mean. What I meant is you still get to play the games as soon as they are out.

Shifty

Sometimes mine launches itself out of the dock like a toaster.

No idea what causes it. Should I call Nintendo?

Kaban

Yellow joycons?

They come with the Gamestop ARMS bundle. Were you wondering where to get them?

Anyway, someone on a Reddit thread said they had a similar problem because their dock wasn't plugged all the way into the outlet. It seems a bit weird that it would cause the system to slow down like this, but I'll give it a shot when I get home.

edit: and those ARMS joycons are extra. I was mostly using red/blue joycons when I played in docked mode.

Top Bottom