• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BigScreen Beta update marks the return of damily gaming sessions!

Izuna

Banned
Fmr6dFG.gif

Myself and my two brothers watching a 1080p30 stream of Splatoon 2 (except the dude playing it) -- sitting beside each other -- all except we're tens of miles away!

Native desktop audio streaming and performance enhancements have brought back a family ritual of sorts that we used to have when we were kids living in the same house. We can watch one person complete a game (or do our own thing) like Final Fantasy. It was how we all got to experience a game amongst us when we didn't have the time to play it through individually.

Not to mention being able to watch movies.

This shit is currently blowing my mind and is one of the best parts of VR.

:D

Fracas

#fuckonami
I bought a Rift that hasn't come in yet. I wish my friends had headsets - stuff like this sounds amazing.

I was messing around with BigScreen beta and it's really really good. Sounds like they're going to be monetizing it with character cosmetics and continue distributing the client for free.

Izuna

Banned
I bought a Rift that hasn't come in yet. I wish my friends had headsets - stuff like this sounds amazing.

It's great in that, my brother has a capture card running to the switch so he can play its games like that -- otherwise, XBox One Streaming or straight up PC games is good.

It's a bit of a performance hit though. I can normally do Nier Automata 1440 60fps but I had to lower it to 720p. That stuff can only get better (and tbh, you don't see the 720p in BigScreen anyways).

Izuna

Banned
I watched Episode 7 3D with some random dudes.

It was surreal.

Those adverts where you see people put on a headset and they're with their mates, it's really true. It's almost exactly like sitting near someone in terms of all of the important interaction is there --

Blam

Those adverts where you see people put on a headset and they're with their mates, it's really true. It's almost exactly like sitting near someone in terms of all of the important interaction is there --

Really reminds me of the 360 netflix app which let you watch movies with your friends.

Top Bottom