• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 sells 1.66M copies, on track to meet sales expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
The latest earnings report from Bandai Namco has come in and it has announced that Tekken 7 has exceeded 1.66 million units sold worldwide. Bandai Namco currently forecasted home versions of Tekken 7 to sell 2.1 million units by the year end but the strong start to that sales target is attributed to units of the game sold in Europe and America. The game so far, has proven to be a popular hit. Other remarks mentioned in the 1st Quarter summary is that strong online network revenues from game apps, social network services and overseas has increased by 130% compared to last year. The percentage of console game digital download sales was the same as the same period in the previous year with 29%.

Following Tekken, new titles for the PROJECT CARS and ACE COMBAT series are currently in production. Bandai Namco will also be releasing Nintendo Switch titles following the month of July. For the full 1st quarter sales report, you can consult the online document published on the IR side of Bandai Namco's website. Tekken 7 is currently available on PS4, XB1 & PC via Steam with the first DLC Pack containing the Ultimate Tekken Bowl mode coming out later this month. DLC Pack 2 with the guest character Geese Howard is slated for later on this year sometime in Winter.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...-sales-exceed-16-million-units-worldwide.html

EDIT: Included the Avoidingthepuddle link since it has more info.

Tekken 7's sales figures have been revealed thanks to Namco Bandai's first quarter results for fiscal 2017. The sales expectations for Tekken 7 are 2.1 million by the end of the year, and it looks like they are on track to meet that sales target as they have already sold 1.66 million copies of Tekken 7 so far.

It was revealed also that the 1.66 million copies of Tekken 7 sold mostly came from the United States and Europe with no other territories mentioned. Unless there's a massive downswing in copies sold, Tekken 7 should most likely hit that target, but it could be close as other fighting games such as Street Fighter V had a strong start but quickly declined.

The next quarter results should show if Tekken 7 will meet that target or not, it's possible that it could even hit that target by the next quarter results.

http://thisgengaming.com/2017/08/11...revealed-on-track-to-meet-sales-expectations/

Here's Bamco's 1st quarter results below.

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/ir/library/pdf/presentation/20170804_3Summary.pdf

tenor.gif

Neoxon

While there are a few issues I have with the game, it's still an overall solid package. Congrats to everyone involved.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
lots of people missed tekken - they haven't played since 3 / tag and this made a splash

well deserved

Great results. I still need to buy the game myself (so busy drowning myself in intense SP games...), and since I'm going to do so by Xmas, there's one for their targets!

Principate

Saint Titanfall
With ARMS at 1.18 million and Tekken 7 at 1.66 seems like interest in Japan fighters are a bit higher than the time when SFV launched.

kikiribu

I have tons of issues with the game and think it was a very lazy effort. But I'm always happy to see fighting games do well.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I have tons of issues with the game and think it was a very lazy effort. But I'm always happy to see fighting games do well.

Despite my own grievances, I'm glad to see it do well, and I hope it means they can put together a more complete package next time. Hopefully before the end of the generation, now that they've got a grip on UE4 and a base to build from.

Jawmuncher

With ARMS at 1.18 million and Tekken 7 at 1.66 seems like interest in Japan fighters are a bit higher than the time when SFV launched.
I still think SFV could make a comeback with a relaunch. Also, Arms was at 1.18 million over a month ago. It should be closer to Tekken 7 numbers by now.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Almost forgot about that. Maybe that's due to the arcade release?

Probably that though it's down a fair bit from 6. Fighters don't seem to be very popular in general. The fact a new IP is the second highest selling fighting game says a lot.

Neoxon

I still think SFV could make a comeback with a relaunch. Also, ARMS was at 1.18 million over a month ago. It should be closer to Tekken 7 numbers by now.
SFV could, but it would need to hit every right note & have a ton of marketing (plus ensuring that existing owners aren't screwed over in any way). As for ARMS, yeah, its numbers are a month old by now. I'd imagine that we'll get a sales update by early October.

Seijuro

Good for them I guess. Have they completely fixed PS4s online mode yet?

Edit: Loved the game and played a ton on release, but after the initial "fix" of the online modes, that didn't really improve anything I dropped the game soon after. Would like to get back into it though if I don't have to wait 10 minutes for ranked match or don't stumble upon frequent connection errors in tournaments.

Wild Card

"But Street Fighter is selling bad so it's the dark times of fighting games since Capcom isn't in the lead."

Are you actually quoting anyone? Basically everyone considers this the golden age.

Although this seems a bit low considering they shipped 4 million copies

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is it wrong of me to feel super elated for Harada and team more than pretty much anything else? I mean...its the first numbered Tekken installment in 8 years(a decade if we count the arcade release of T7), and after TTT2 bombed, i was really worried about what Namco bandai would do if this one didn't perform well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom