• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Greddleok

I did it once so far. We didn't complete the NF though because 1 member dropped lol. It worked really well aside from that though. There are entire clans dedicated to helping others apparently. The clan that helped me was called the Destiny Helping Hand.

Man, that makes it super tempting. I just don't want it to turn into my destiny 1 experience, where I basically got bored because no one would play with me ):

GametimeUK

Anyone looking to get a raid together. A friend and I are looming for a group. We need the encounters explained, but we've played and beat Destiny Raids since year 1 so it shouldn't be an issue.

Psn: GametimeUK

Got a similar question: keep my 297 Sturm or infuse it in my 285 Nameless Midnight?

Just got the Sturm, how is it for PvE/PvP?

It's not an auto rifle or a high rate of fire pulse rifle so you sure as hell won't have much fun with it in crucible. Sturm/Drang is a lot of fun PVE though, although you'll probably want to keep high level backups around since you'll get tired of the play style it forces you into if you do it too long.

Xur seems fine to me.

For the hardcore people, maybe he should offer a luminous engram for 100 shards or something to act as a shard sink while allowing people to get something useful from it.

I've reached 260 now, so the grind is about to get real since I can't use blues any more. My remaining tokens can probably get me another 2 or 3 PL depending on whether they drop all the items or fuck me over by dropping a ton of gauntlet/helmets and no damn boots like the first half of my tokens.

Overall, getting to 260 has been pretty easy.

Just got a Riskrunner as a drop and while I usually hate SMGs, this thing is crazy.
It's situational, but it turns any fallen "zerg rush" encounter into a complete massacre. Glimmer extraction events are just a huge lightning storm while I hold down the trigger without ever reloading. I expect it will be very useful in speed-running some nightfalls, but you need a source of (low) incoming arc damage to keep you powered up.
I know most people will choose Sunshot because it's a great all-round gun, but it's probably worth getting Riskrunner on an alt.

Kyne

Hmm. Don't think I'm going to get anything from Xur. Already have the chest and I hate fusion rifles. I guess I can save my shards.

whoa now.

some people are calling this fusion rifle the new ghally. Might want to reconsider, especially since it only costs like 2 shoelaces.

Xur is a bit disappointing for me. I was ready with my 127 shards. But, 3 exotics you can get from just playing the campaign is a bit, meh. What's funny is my first exotic engram contained the Merciless! I've only gotten 3 weapons from exotic engrams. My last was the best. SWEET BUSINESS! Anyway. Maybe something I won't have next week. Have fun with the Merciless, it is beast.

Question though, didn't Xur offer an exotic engram in Destiny 1?

Why even bother buying a high DPS weapon when the raid doesn't even have goddamn bosses.

I'm so pissed at Bungie you guys have no idea, i tolerated all the bullshit in D2 but the raid was the peak, that's enough.

Ramirez

As often as exotics are dropping now, I don't even feel like Xur is necessary anymore. I think he's mostly for people who don't play much, TBH.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Not selling anything that YOU need does not make Xur "lame" or "completely useless".

If you were chasing Merciless you are probably really happy right now.

He can´t sell something that is of use for everybody every week.

Especially with how generous Destiny has become with exotics.

The more hardcore players (that´s us) will probably not get so much out of Xur this time around.

And that´s OK.

EDIT: I also don´t remember ever being able to use Xur to increase my light post Y1, no?
Everyone keeps saying Destiny 2 has become more generous with exotics but i had literally one exotic drop in the last 14 hours of gameplay. Thats after i bought and used a fireteam buff from eververse for the last 4 hours.

Three of Coins was the biggest post Year 1 change that made Xur relevant again. Even if the items werent the highest light level, you could stack up on three of coins and were pretty much guaranteed an exotic after 5 strikes.

he had other items like faster sparrows and also let you trade in your mote of lights.

I am all for simplification of the economy in destiny, but this is way too simplified. you cant just show up with four low level items.

Kyne

Can someone explain some of the details around raid loot?

Not mentioning any spoilers, but in terms of chests/drops/tokens, do you still get rewards after completing the raid for the first time that week? I see people already w/ the full raid set, so I'm curious how the whole system works.

As often as exotics are dropping now, I don't even feel like Xur is necessary anymore. I think he's mostly for people who don't play much, TBH.

Yeah, no. I've played at least 60 hours (spitballing here coz I'm not actually sure of the exact amount of time) since launch and I didn't have a Merciless. I have a higher level fusion so he's still absolutely useful for people with rotten luck who keep fucking getting another Crest of FUCKING ALPHA FUCKING LUPI.

Alright, just dismantled a bunch of side arms and fusion rifles to get shards for Xur. Hope none of them were good lol

Some sidearms are pretty good for pvp but they all suck in pve. Also, if you're buying Merciless, that's the only fusion rifle you'll ever need. I mean, unless you want to use the Sunshot or Cold heart in your Energy slot.

JJShadow

It's not an auto rifle or a high rate of fire pulse rifle so you sure as hell won't have much fun with it in crucible. Sturm/Drang is a lot of fun PVE though, although you'll probably want to keep high level backups around since you'll get tired of the play style it forces you into if you do it too long.

Thanks for the input, will give it a try!

You can't infuse a scout with a hand cannon.

Grind.

Yeah, I'm an idiot lol Thanks anyway

Not selling anything that YOU need does not make Xur "lame" or "completely useless".

If you were chasing Merciless you are probably really happy right now.

He can´t sell something that is of use for everybody every week.

Especially with how generous Destiny has become with exotics.

The more hardcore players (that´s us) will probably not get so much out of Xur this time around.

And that´s OK.

EDIT: I also don´t remember ever being able to use Xur to increase my light post Y1, no?

It's pretty obvious that the cool tertiary stuff Xur used to sell like Sparrows and Three of Coins are now in the Eververse in an attempt to funnel people into that economy. Which is lame.

GlamFM

Banned
Everyone keeps saying Destiny 2 has become more generous with exotics but i had literally one exotic drop in the last 14 hours of gameplay. Thats after i bought and used a fireteam buff from eververse for the last 4 hours.

You seem to be a bit unlucky in that regard, sorry.

I think i´ve gotten 10 in total.

5 are from quests though.

sephi22

Yeah, no. I've played at least 60 hours (spitballing here coz I'm not actually sure of the exact amount of time) since launch and I didn't have a Merciless. I have a higher level fusion so he's still absolutely useful for people with rotten luck who keep fucking getting another Crest of FUCKING ALPHA FUCKING LUPI.

I got 4 merciless. Take one off me.
Lowkey salty that erryone has one now. I thought I'd have a leg up on most people

getting Exotics to drop still just comes down to luck

I used a medallion 2 days in a row...first day in 4 hours I got 0 and the next day I got 2 in like an hour

GlamFM

Banned
It's pretty obvious that the cool tertiary stuff Xur used to sell like Sparrows and Three of Coins are now in the Eververse in an attempt to funnel people into that economy. Which is lame.

Don´t think Xur ever sold Sparrows (?)

3 of coins is something I actually wanted out because it made Exotics too trivial.

G216rxh.png

The only time Xur was actually "useful" was during Y1 when Destiny was super stingy about loot in general.

Ramirez

Yeah, no. I've played at least 60 hours (spitballing here coz I'm not actually sure of the exact amount of time) since launch and I didn't have a Merciless. I have a higher level fusion so he's still absolutely useful for people with rotten luck who keep fucking getting another Crest of FUCKING ALPHA FUCKING

I didn't have a Merciless either, just saying.

Silvard

Merciless is great DPS no doubt, but I think that (for the raid at least) its best application is burning down yellow bar adds
(and garden beasts)
fast rather than doing boss DPS. It's the best burst DPS for when you need to apply a ton of damage in a very (very) small amount of time, but for sustained DPS
(such as during the damage phase of Calus)
the Coldheart + another front loaded power weapon got it beat.

getting Exotics to drop still just comes down to luck

I used a medallion 2 days in a row...first day in 4 hours I got 0 and the next day I got 2 in like an hour

Doesn't help that Rahool really really likes giving you duplicates of shit you already have. Bungie had a chance to kill that son of a bitch (in the initial assault on the Tower by Ghaul) and they blew it. Worst decision they made with Destiny 2.

Top Bottom