• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story footage and coverage is starting to come in!

Hasney

I skipped through the first 30 minutes video as I didn't want to spoil so much and it looks good. It really looks good... They could pull this off.

Ja1zl_s-200x150.gif

PSFan

Not sure about this. The actual golfing is top down view? I'm kinda used to how it is in Everybody's golf, where when you are golfing, you have a view from behind your golfer.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You guys better buy this game....im serious. For a follow up and to let Nintendo realize that they need to bring back Sport titles with a RPG Mode.

dadjumper

Hmmm, I'll definitely have to see how the reaction to this game is. I was interested from the initial trailer but I'm not sure if this gameplay is for me, and some small things about the sprite scaling and the font are bothering me. Cautiously interested tho

AlanOC91

Looks awesome.

Love how you can go around doing small golf challenges with random NPCs to level up your skill and get some extra money. Sounds so addicting!

The writing was probably the biggest thing I was worried about going into this game, but wow, I'm really liking it. The game has a weird sense of humor to it.

The more I see of Golf Story the more excited I am to buy it day one.

So we've got side quests, an ongoing story with goals, economy, levelling, decent golf mechanics... The only thing I don't think I saw here was an actual golf match, but assuming every now and then some ahole comes up and is like 'hey kid, you think you're better than me? Let me show you a thing or two...' and you start like an actual 9 hole round, I'm soooooo in.

Zomba13

Looks good but I still don't like the mix of higher res fonts and UI mixing with pixel graphics. Other than that though, looks good.

Hasney

So we've got side quests, an ongoing story with goals, economy, levelling, decent golf mechanics... The only thing I don't think I saw here was an actual golf match, but assuming every now and then some ahole comes up and is like 'hey kid, you think you're better than me? Let me show you a thing or two...' and you start like an actual 9 hole round, I'm soooooo in.

There's apparently 8 full courses and your goal is to turn pro, so I'm pretty sure there's some tournaments there.

Phoenixus

I want this so bad, but there's too much stuff coming out in the next few months on Switch. SNES mini this week as well! :/

aravuus

Skipped through the video and I can't say I found it terribly interesting despite being excited about this before. I'll wait for some reviews/impressions.

I've watched a few minutes so far and it looks so good and like it's going to be so much fun. It looks like a GBA game with color.

I should say with better color and more modern.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Watched the first 15 minutes of that video. I liked what I saw. I have so many other games I want to play right now, though, so I'll probably hold off until reviews hit.

Looks good. I'll be busy with Sen no Kiseki III for a while but after that I'll be ready for a nice Golf RPG. Hope this studio will work on Tennis Story next.

Top Bottom