• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Predicting the future update will be Screenshot Collection #3 with selections from Europe this time. We won't be here, though. :(

Jiggy37 said:
Predicting the future update will be Screenshot Collection #3 with selections from Europe this time. We won't be here, though. :(
There shall be revival, and the great god Dojo shall rise valiantly again.

Fenix

"Sometime the head pops off of the Hammer. Once its loose, it becomes a frightfully powerful throwing item."

GRAMMAR ALERT, GRAMMAR ALERT!

Nate, explain yourself!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
The disc starts preparing to load your brawl from the character-selection screen. So when choosing a color for your character, try to pick the color you like and stay with it instead of running through color selections by hammering the buttons. Doing so will reduce the amount of time it takes the stage to load.

Wow, interesting.

On the results screen for brawl matches, the winning player can select the pose their character takes on screen by using the four directions on the +Control Pad. Start pressing the button for your preferred pose once the match has ended but before the game moves to the results screen.

Oh man... definitely going to start doing this in every single match :) (Expect to see the animation of the fat purple pikmin sitting on Olimar a lot if you lose against me :lol )

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
MrCheez said:
Oh man... definitely going to start doing this in every single match :) (Expect to see the animation of the fat purple pikmin sitting on Olimar a lot if you lose against me :lol )

Just to annoy my friends, when I use Lucas, I'll always pick the one where it looks like Lucas is poking a dead body with his stick.

Crocodile

I can't believe it's been almost a year since the Dojo started. Wow does time fly. T'was a nice update to finish things off on. Awesome was the Dojo and awesome is Sakurai. Big thanks to all those who worked on the Dojo and posters in this thread for all their hard work, wonderful contributions and memories. An awesome 11~ months it was. Good Bye and Good Luck.

A Link to the Snitch said:
Better keep the thread open!

Also, if there's a Smash DS, how much you wanna bet they'll reopen the Dojo?
They'll reopen the Dojo for the next game anyway, whether it's on DS or Wii2.

My bet on extra updates... Europe release date, possibly Screenshot Gallery 3 and it'd be awesome if he returned with some production notes and commented on deleted things in the future.

Rindain

Banned
Wow, you can play as Zero Suit Samus in the SSE without having to use the nearly impossible to perform taunt command! Mind blown!

Fenix

Huge thanks go out to Sakurai, Nate and everyone else who's worked on Brawl/The Dojo.

And huge thanks to everyone who posted in the thread, it's been an amazing 11 months... I look forward to reading Jiggy's thread-ending collection and recapturing some memories.

Goodbye Dojo thread!

MrCheez

Ah yes, I already thanked Sakurai but I forgot to thank Nate and everyone else who was involved with the Dojo...

You guys did an amazing job! The Dojo constantly entertained us all with it's quirkiness, mysteries, and thoroughness! The only thing I'd change for the next daily-updated-ad-campaign is... have the updates earlier in the day. You'll save your fans a lot of sleep. :lol

Iam Canadian

MrCheez said:
Ah yes, I already thanked Sakurai but I forgot to thank Nate and everyone else who was involved with the Dojo...

You guys did an amazing job! The Dojo constantly entertained us all with it's quirkiness, mysteries, and thoroughness! The only thing I'd change for the next daily-updated-ad-campaign is... have the updates earlier in the day. You'll save your fans a lot of sleep. :lol

Well, Japan got their updates at a reasonable hour.

I almost used the present tense there. ;_;

Ah, I took my time reading the final entries. After almost a year of updates, it's quite sad to see it all come to an end.

A big thanks to Sakurai (aka King DeDeDe!), the staff at Nintendo and all the GAF posters who made it so worth while staying up late these past eleven months. Here's hoping we see Dojo 2.0 in the future. Cheers everyone.

Capndrake

Obviously the future update will be the announcement that the PAL version gets two extra third party characters.

Or the cancelling of the PAL release :(

MrCheez

I really feel for you PAL-people. WTF is NOE's deal... :(

crowphoenix said:
Well, guys, it's definitely past Japan time, so I'm crashing. And tomorrow this thread will close. And after that, tomorrow night, we brawl.

Wow it feels weird that once someone goes to bed... they might never be able to post in this thread again :O (Depending on what time it gets locked)

I... I almost feel like I have to say goodbye to everyone as they leave because I'm never going to see them or something :lol Goodbye crow!!

MrCheez said:
I really feel for you PAL-people. WTF is NOE's deal... :(

Wow it feels weird that once someone goes to bed... they might never be able to post in this thread again :O (Depending on what time it gets locked)

I... I almost feel like I have to say goodbye to everyone as they leave because I'm never going to see them or something :lol Goodbye crow!!
Fair-the-well my fellow Dojoer. May our paths cross again somewhere in this wild wilderness of 'GAF'.

Iam Canadian

Never fear, Cheez. We'll see each other in Brawl.

Where have you been lately, anyhow? I haven't Brawled with you in a while. D:

MrCheez

JonathanEx said:
Fair-the-well my fellow Dojoer. May our paths cross again somewhere in this wild wilderness of 'GAF'.

:lol

... T_T

etc02_080411_099-l.jpg

MrCheez

Iam Canadian said:
Never fear, Cheez. We'll see each other in Brawl.

Of course we definitely will! :D

Where have you been lately, anyhow? I haven't Brawled with you in a while. D:

I've been slacking lately :( Just been distracted by other things. Don't worry, I promise we'll brawl again soon! Gonna try to get back in the groove this week

Just before it explodes, the Pokémon Electrode will flash. During this period you can pick it up and throw it like an item.
lol I did this to my friend via wifi and he went nuts on me cause it exploded on him and he had no idea you could throw him. I didn't either but thats besides the point.

Posting probably a last time in this legendary thread. Big thanks to you Sakurai, Nate and other localization experts, and of course to the fellow posters in this thread who made many a nights enjoyable with incoherent ramblings and posts of just single word excitement.

*bookmarks thread for future lols*

Dreavus

Such an awesome way to end off the Dojo. There so many little tidbits we didn't know about. :D

Like so many others have said, I'm going to miss this thread...

Jiggy

The Dojo began daily updates on a Tuesday and ends its daily updates on a Monday, coming full circle. Call this the 47th week if you'd like, or you could consider every Monday to have been the end to an update week: in that case, this would be the conclusion of the 46th. Whatever the case, we end on the 230th day, with 278 updates that have their own section. Game modes end at 51 (now counting stealth updates), of which Monday had 14: she was the true pioneer of that update type. There were 6 notices, and 42 double updates including today's. Monday ends with 56 updates total, the least of any day, but we still appreciate each contribution. King Dedede, voiced by Sakurai himself, just gets his 100th screenshot on the Dojo.

Stay tuned for tomorrow.

Between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM, I should be here to begin to post these things, in this order:

-Final, all-encompassing statistics. That includes breakdowns of update types by day, the final screenshot count for each character, and other goodies.
-The quote collection. scottnak, Jiggy, bombcar, Iam Canadian, Man God, RoboPlato, Keru_Shiri, crowphoenix, MrCheez, Fenix, dude, and Firestorm came together to read over thousands of posts each to find memorable moments from the thread, to end with a fitting tribute. Although there are 10,000 posts unaccounted for, combing through the rest was a task of ultra proportions, and I hope in the future some people will appreciate the efforts.
-A closing post covering the significance of Sakurai, Brawl, and the Dojo.

The posting process should take around 35 minutes, barring any unforeseen troubles. Even if those come up, though, I'll probably post everything anyway and simply edit the problem posts. And no, I'm not doing it now unless sp0rsk posts in like the next half hour saying to do it. I want people who aren't awake at this time to at least get a chance to comment on the last of the daily updates, and also say their goodbyes.

Realized, I needed to stay for the last stats. :lol

Plus, Sp0rsk, thanks for not killing us. You were the best mod for the job of running this thread.

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
Plus, Sp0rsk, thanks for not killing us. You were the best mod for the job of running this thread.
Agree. Everybody else would have lost it like a million times over, or just simply stopped caring.

Iam Canadian

etc02_080411_108-l.jpg

I hope to be around tomorrow in time to comment on the closing posts and say goodbye, but in case I'm not...

Farewell, everybody. We had some good times in this thread. I've really enjoyed the last year spent in this thread, having sometimes funny, occasionally insightful, and always enjoyable discussions with you all. In particular, I extend my farewells to the top posters in this thread; Jiggy (the man I almost always agreed with), MrCheez, Crow, Firestorm, Keru_Shiri, Zeed, Alberto, Angelo, CreatureX3, Grandjedi...every single one of you.

In the words of Earthbound: "Hello and...good-bye!"

kamikaze

wow. that's it. thank you sakurai! :D

hopefully the trivia will push me into finishing sse on the u.s. version.

(let's all meet again when the smash 4 dojo opens :D )

scottnak

crowphoenix said:
Realized, I needed to stay for the last stats. :lol

So true. Haha.
Indeed. Thanks sp0rsk... for not killing us all... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom