• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
wow, the models of peach and zelda in brawl are a huge improvement to their models from melee. The detail in their clothing is really impressive.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
BGBW said:
But not as much as Andy! ;)

1175370961979.png
Hahaha you beat me too it.

http://heyandy.ytmnd.com/

:lol

fernoca

Yay! Peach! :)
She was my main character in Melee.. :)
Just noticed that her hair this time is "smaller" than in Melee..but looks even mroe detailed, which surprirsed me since I thought they were just going to use the same model from Melee but with a ponytail... :)

Andy has a Livejournal.

I obviously can't link it here (and don't remember the URL, anyway), but it is the saddest thing I have ever read in my life. He has an Ulala cardboard stand-up that stands over his bed, next to his Pokemon DVDs.

Also, he has fans. Honest to goodness fans.

Anyway, about the update: neat. I hope they change Peach's moves up a bit, though. I wouldn't want her to be the exact same character from Melee.

JoshuaJSlone said:
No less than Devil World or SimCity assist trophies.
Has no one pointed out yet that Devil World and Sim City don't have their own icons, yet F-Zero does and the only characters in the Universe known as fighters are Falcon and Goroh?

I mean, that certainly does imply that a Goroh assist trophy means Falcon's still in.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This thread should seriously be locked during the day... You guys talk about some fucked up shit... o_O

Andy also has a MySpace, linked from his LJ. I'm not linking it here though. It's just... too embarrassing for everyone.

Firestorm

<thread re-railment attempt>SO GUYS I HEARD THAT SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL IS COMING OUT ON DECEMBER 3RD IS THIS TRUE?</thread re-railment attempt>

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Firestorm said:
<thread re-railment attempt>SO GUYS I HEARD THAT SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL IS COMING OUT ON DECEMBER 3RD IS THIS TRUE?</thread re-railment attempt>
I Heard so too! It's suppose to be great! I hope they have a Pikmin stage!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Firestorm said:

It is! Did you know Pit from Kid Icarus will be playable? Let's look at some awesome screenshots!

pit_070525a-l.jpg

pit_070528a-l.jpg

grandjedi6

Danthrax said:
It is! Did you know Pit from Kid Icarus will be playable? Let's look at some awesome screenshots!

pit_070528a-l.jpg
Is that dust on the bottom by his feet or angel wings attached to his feet? (attempts to continue re-railment)

Shig said:
They're only as similar as the Pokemon they use, their movelists could easily be made drastically different. There's no shortage of varying Pkmn types to employ. Where trainer 1 has water/grass/fire, trainer 2 could have ground/psychic/wind, for example.

True. Just saying, they could go that way to appease existing fans of those characters.

I just really don't think Mewtwo will be in this time, for no other reason than gut instinct. I think they'll replace him with another Legendary if they go the single Pokemon route... perhaps Groudon as a heavy hitting, Bowser-tier character.

You JUST said "Why in the world would they put in two characters so similar? It'd be boring." Then you insist they'll put in two versions of the same basic character? With Wolf Link, you have a character that's much different fundamentally and would have a drastically different moveset and playstyle. With WW Link, while they could certainly change up the items used in specials to differentiate, fundamentally he's going to play and choreograph extremely similarly to TP Link. May not be out-and-out clone territory, but it's toeing the line.

1. The character would still be boring. We don't need two trainers, it just makes them both less interesting.

2. Mewtwo is still very, very popular, and I feel that few Pokémon are on the same level of popularity, even three generations after it was important.

3. Groudon can't be playable.

4. I meant in character. Wolf Link and TP Link are the exact same characters - TP Link is there to appease English audiences. They don't need Wolf Link, and would definitely rather put a character in that not only would appease Japanese audiences more, but would also have a unique design to other characters.

5. Not even close to a clone.

B: Skull Hammer
Smash B: Summin'
Up B: Deku Leaf
Down B: Magic Shield
Final Smash: Hurricane Slash

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
MrCheez said:
awful photochop

DAMNIT STOP

grandjedi6 said:
Is that dust on the bottom by his feet or angel wings attached to his feet? (attempts to continue re-railment)

It looks to me like he just skidded to a stop from running, causing some smoke/dusts to kick up.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Wii said:
I don't think Sakurai has time to translate his blog posts into various languages.
I'm sure NOA or NOE help him out, they'd probably much rather do that than translate MOTHER 3 >:O

Don't do that. =(

I'm never going to forgive Nintendo for denying me Mother 3. Worst thing they've ever done.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Has NOA ever offered an explanation as to why they won't even give the MOTHER games a chance over here? If the games were super-crazy-japanese I could understand them not being localized... but the series is already well-known (and loved) over here, and the gameplay isn't alien to Americans...

I don't get it.

Iam Canadian

I guess since Earthbound didn't sell particularly well in North America (because it was released at the worst possible time), Nintendo refuses to give it another chance.

Or maybe Nintendo just hates Earthbound. And happiness. And Happy-Happyists.

grandjedi6

MrCheez said:
Has NOA ever offered an explanation as to why they won't even give the MOTHER games a chance over here? If the games were super-crazy-japanese I could understand them not being localized... but the series is already well-known (and loved) over here, and the gameplay isn't alien to Americans...

I don't get it.

The GBA was doing too well compared to the DS at the time so Mother 3 wasn't released. Now the GBA is doing bad with software so Mother 3 isn't being released. Horribly ironic right? :(

Somnid

Linkhero1 said:
I never did either until I played Earthbound on SNES.

That's the one. Got 15 minutes in almost 3 times, hated it each time. FF6 had a slow beginning too but EB's was just awful. Also, do we care if this derails again? 'Cause I'll just shutup about it now.

Linkhero1

Somnid said:
That's the one. Got 15 minutes in almost 3 times, hated it each time. FF6 had a slow beginning too but EB's was just awful. Also, do we care if this derails again? 'Cause I'll just shutup about it now.
I think we should all shut up and get back on topic :p

Iam Canadian

I always feel cheated when I unlock a clone unless it's really obvious that it's supposed to be a clone. For example, I didn't mind Dr. Mario because he's just Mario in a lab coat. But I really felt ripped off when I discovered that Ganondorf was a Captain Falcon clone. Seriously, what the hell was that?

Firestorm

Iam Canadian said:
I always feel cheated when I unlock a clone unless it's really obvious that it's supposed to be a clone. For example, I didn't mind Dr. Mario because he's just Mario in a lab coat. But I really felt ripped off when I discovered that Ganondorf was a Captain Falcon clone. Seriously, what the hell was that?

Ganondorf was the only weird one as he has such a large amount of possible moves. The rest of them really added a lot to the game I feel and were at least related to the other character they had been "cloned" from.

It's funny, but I don't think I even realized they were clones until I went online and people always bitched about them.

I love clones personally =D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Firestorm said:
The rest of them really added a lot to the game

I disagree; Pichu was worthless -- this from a Pikachu player.

And I've always thought Marth and Roy were a little too samey. While Young Link's inclusion is kinda "meh," I liked Dr. Mario, Falco and Luigi being in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom