• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkunkFury

AceBandage said:
It reflects projectiles.

does Bowser count as a projectile? cause if not, she's in trouble

peach_070817b-l.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
E-phonk said:
Whoever is in charge of the character design in Smash-Brawl should be made responsible for all character designs at nintendo.

Damn if this game doesn't have some of the coolest renditions of classic characters.
Each individual development team amends their character designs to "fit" into the SSB world and sends them to the SSBB team who make some final tweaks

PkunkFury said:
does Bowser count as a projectile? cause if not, she's in trouble

peach_070817b-l.jpg
Bowser is allergic to mushrooms

Nintaiyo

Here's a concept art comparison:
peach.jpg
peachmelee.jpg

The new dress, crown, and umbrella look much better. However, I'm not so sure about her face...something about it looks kinda funny in that pic. Maybe her nose is too far down or her eyes are too close...idk. The hair is different too. The old Peach's hair was more similar to Peach in the older games while the new yellow blond color resembles the Mario Party/Sports games. Also, her hair is smaller now.

kamikaze

fusoya59 said:
Was Peach in the original Smash? I can't remember.

Oh how I've aged.

nope, she joined in melee.

originals were mario, luigi, yoshi, kirby, pikachu, jigglypuff, ness, link, fox mcloud, samus, captain falcon, and donkey kong.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Her face and the size of her hair look waaaaaaaay better. The whole model is awesome... god I love all the Brawl models so far. :D

GamerSoul

Peach looks a little older and mature to me. Toad got a great update too. :D I might have to start using him once in awhile in this.

So that basically wraps up all the returning female vets, not counting Sheik right? :lol

fusoya59

Here's an interesting tidbit I picked up on the IGN Boards (originated from Gamefaqs on 8/12):
DON'T ASK FOR MY SOURCE. You will not be disappointed...

There are 34 playable characters (excluding transformations).
There are 20 starting characters, 14 hidden characters.
Six characters have been removed from the last game.
One of the "Original 12" has been removed.
There are 15 newcomers (excluding transformations).
All but one of the represented franchises from Super Smash Bros. Melee will be returning.
Two character profiles will be revealed this coming week at the DOJO!! (one veteran and one newcomer).

Mock me now if you must, but I'll certainly be having the last laugh. By the end of the week, you'll see that I'm correct with at least two of the above points.
ORIGINAL SOURCE

Although the poster went 1 for 2, he was spot on with his final point.

I'm gonna be irrational and believe this guy. And stick to the Ness assist trophy (see point 4).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The details on the newer models are definitely better, the only thing that bothers me is that Melee's models look so much more vibrant in comparison.

I actually prefer the corset, shorter gloves, and the bigger hair from Melee. :/

The dress in Melee accentuated her rack more. And yeah I feel really weird about posting that.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
fusoya59 said:
Here's an interesting tidbit I picked up on the IGN Boards (originated from Gamefaqs on 8/12):

ORIGINAL SOURCE

I'm gonna be irrational and believe this guy. And stick to the Ness assist trophy (see point 4).
bullshit. There are over 100 of similar posts by people claiming that they have "secret info". Just because one guy got one vague point right doesn't mean anything

kamikaze

fusoya59 said:

interesting. too bad there aren't any more short term predictions to verify the rumors. as far as removing original characters, luigi, ness, captain falcon, and jigglypuff haven't been seen yet, right?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
DON'T ASK FOR MY SOURCE. You will not be disappointed...

There are 34 playable characters (excluding transformations).
There are 20 starting characters, 14 hidden characters.
Six characters have been removed from the last game.
One of the "Original 12" has been removed.
There are 15 newcomers (excluding transformations).
All but one of the represented franchises from Super Smash Bros. Melee will be returning.
Two character profiles will be revealed this coming week at the DOJO!! (one veteran and one newcomer).

Mock me now if you must, but I'll certainly be having the last laugh. By the end of the week, you'll see that I'm correct with at least two of the above points.

Assuming this is true (and that's a big "if" in and of itself), I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Jigglypuff is the missing member of the Original Twelve and that the unrepresented franchise is either Ice Climber or the Game and Watch stuff. I don't necessarily believe this (though that last prediction was uncanny), but I'll throw my guess out there anyway.

But if Ness is removed, heads will roll and the STREETS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT...or...I'll...weep. One of the two.

kamikaze said:
interesting. too bad there aren't any more short term predictions to verify the rumors. as far as removing original characters, luigi, ness, captain falcon, and jigglypuff haven't been seen yet, right?
If the remove one of the originals; my bets on Jigglypuff. Pokemon is allready well represented, and I don't think Ness is being replaced, and Captain Falcon is pretty much confirmed, given that there are no better characters to represent F-Zero, and Luigi isn't getting cut.

Zozz

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
Assuming this is true (and that's a big "if" in and of itself), I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Jigglypuff is the missing member of the Original Twelve and that the unrepresented franchise is either Ice Climber or the Game and Watch stuff. I don't necessarily believe this (though that last prediction was uncanny), but I'll throw my guess out there anyway.

But if Ness is removed, heads will roll and the STREETS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT...or...I'll...weep. One of the two.

Pretty much what I thought, but didn't they say that none of the original lineup characters would be removed? I know some people who are so good with Jigglypuff that is not even funny, they will be pissed.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
The fact that he got the "Two character updates this week - one newcomer and one vet" is pretty crazy. He posted last sunday....

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Assuming this is legit for just a second, the "one missing of the 'Original 12'" would probably be Ness. :p There have been tons of rumors that Sakurai has wanted to replace him with Lucas for a long time (and almost did for Melee).

bluemax

Banned
fusoya59 said:

ORIGINAL SOURCE

I'm almost positive after reading that list that Ness is out of the game :(

Iam Canadian

Nothing against Lucas, but removing Ness would basically alienate most non-Japanese Earthbound fans who have not played Mother 3. Besides, Earthbound deserves more than one character to its name, damn it.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
bluemax said:
I'm almost positive after reading that list that Ness is out of the game :(

Maybe then the Mother 3 kid will be in there and then Mother 3 will come out for the GBA and be Nintendo's final GBA game or they do the DS trilogy like what everyone wants. That would be pretty sweet. I love Ness, though. Maybe he will get replaced with a Starman or something, too.

Iam Canadian

AlternativeUlster said:
Maybe then the Mother 3 kid will be in there and then Mother 3 will come out for the GBA and be Nintendo's final GBA game or they do the DS trilogy like what everyone wants. That would be pretty sweet. I love Ness, though. Maybe he will get replaced with a Starman or something, too.

As incredibly, freakishly, unbelievably awesome as a playable Starman (or Starman DX, *drools*) would be, I'd personally prefer to see one of the other main characters in Earthbound. I don't think Paula would be included since Ness basically stole most of her PSI spells for Smash Bros. (PSI Freeze aside), but Jeff, with his crazy gizmos, or maybe Poo for another swordsman would be cool. And unlikely. =(

bluemax

Banned
Mr. Spinnington said:
145923.JPG

Why won't other developers make games with effort?

Because most other developers are putting guys straight out of college on Wii projects and putting their best programmers on the more difficult to create games for PC/360/PS3.

They're not going to have their most knowledgeable workers work on hardware/development stuff that is old. They need them learning the new stuff and working on next gen.

Zeed

Banned
fusoya59 said:
Yeah, it's no secret that Sakurai has wanted to replace Ness with Lucas. The only question is if it'll happen. If Ness isn't the one of the "Original 12" that gets removed, I think the most likely candidates are either Luigi or Jigglypuff.

As for the source, either he lucked out BIG TIME or he knows something we don't.

Oblivion said:
The details on the newer models are definitely better, the only thing that bothers me is that Melee's models look so much more vibrant in comparison.

The thing I actually like the most about Brawl's model designs are the subtle-tones of the colors as opposed to the bright 'plastic toy' look of Melee. They are actually more colorful than they originally were:

mario.jpg

Ssb-marios.jpg

Could just be lighting though..

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Zeed said:
Yeah, it's no secret that Sakurai has wanted to replace Ness with Lucas. The only question is if it'll happen. If Ness isn't the one of the "Original 12" that gets removed, I think the most likely candidates are either Luigi or Jigglypuff.

I think Captain Falcon could still be cut couldn't he?

fusoya59 said:

ORIGINAL SOURCE

They better not drop Ness or Jiggly, they're part of my mains dammit!!

As for the 6 characters axed from last game.
Young Link (hopefully replaced by WW Link)
Falco (Too much of a clone)
Doc Mario (Clone)
Roy (duh)
Game and Watch (Replaced? by Wario)
+Ness/Jiggly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom