• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 5: DR ONLINE - Available NOW!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
http://sdtekken.com/2007/06/12/tekken-5-dark-resurrection-online/

SDTEKKEN.COM said:
The latest issue of Famitsu magazine has details on Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection with online versus play! With the cost of 2800 Yen(1000 Yen if you already downloaded the old version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection) you will be able to play FREE online versus matches with people all over the world! There will also be an online leaderboard that keeps track of player rankings! There is no official release date for the upgraded version of T5DR, but be rest assured that SD TEKKEN will keep you posted!

Special thanks to Dali on NeoGAF forums for the heads up!

WOOOOOOOOO x 1000

OMG x 1000

(I'll be destroying you all online).

llTll

Banned
omg man. i am crying... finally...

its about time i kick some people's butt online.

i am going to kill you ALLLLLL.

bawhahahaha.

wait. i hope it doesnt lag like DOA online :(

but awesome. good news.

I am proud of Namco Bandai for taking this step forward. Hopefully Soul Calibur 4 will also feature online gameplay.

I also expect Itagaki to say something to the effect of "What took them so long?" in his next interview. :lol

I will be happy to say "I was pwned by MarkMan" once this sucker goes online.

MarkMan, your legacy as Tekken-Lord better not be a thin charade, my friend! :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Hunahan said:
Nice.

This has to just be the first step towards Tekken 6 online, and that's what really makes me excited.

I hope they make both Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur 4 online. And then AM2 follows suit with Virtua Fighter.

dfyb

Banned
like any online fighter, it will feel different and require totally different timing -- it'll be a different game. do yourself a favor and find your local scene and play in person, like people do with every other fighter.

the pressure people put on developers to impliment online is worrysome. anyone who practices extensively online is going to be tuned to a different game -- effectively setting them up for dissapointment when they fight locally. serious players, for hte most part, will ignore online -- more casual players, for the most part, will focus on online multiplayer. their discussions will be incompatible.

if you just play casually, have a ball. :D

edit: not trying to spoil the thread. i guess i'm just saying that you guys shouldn't be shy about trying to find local competition if you're serious about a fighting game.

TheFallen

If this ever comes to the US Playstation Store I think I'll pass. The game itself set me back 20 USD, now they want me to spend almost half just adding online play?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Mark my words, you will all feel the crushing force of kazuya's fists!

dfyb said:
like any online fighter, it will feel different and require totally different timing -- it'll be a different game. do yourself a favor and find your local scene and play in person, like people do with every other fighter.

**** that

I played in a Tekken 5 tourney, once. I'd rather play this "different game" against human opponents whenever I want.

jmd494

Wait..we have to spend somewhere in the area of the USD equivalent of 1,000 JPY on this PATCH? That's $8 more dollars! What a ripoff.

$20 for this gimped game (with no training mode, online, or Tekken Bowl) was already pushing it...now it's around $28 for a slightly less gimped game?

Not gonna happen for me.

But it sounds like it will be happening for many of you...enjoy!

mrpogi23

i hope theyd add some new items too or unlockable art/movies for the money i earned in the game.

but online mode is more than enough

LCGeek

formerly sane
I'm just getting nightmares at the thought of some locals getting online with this title. If it has safe moves and is broke because of it count me out.

With the cost of 2800 Yen(1000 Yen if you already downloaded the old version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection) you will be able to play FREE online versus matches with people all over the world!

Strange wording, I mean paying $8 more isn't free.

Lyte Edge

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Strange wording, I mean paying $8 more isn't free.

It's free to play online after you buy it. Like all the other free-to-play-online games. :p No $50 a year Xbox Live Fee and all that.

So does this mean there will be 2 versions available on PSN? Or will they increase the price to account for the online mode? Or will they just replace the old version with the online version without increasing the price?

**** YES!

I definently have to get a network set-up going when I buy a PS3. How much is Dark Ressurection? I was thinking of buying VF5 right when I got my PS3 but I think I may get this instead.

Steroyd

Justin Dailey said:
Wait..we have to spend somewhere in the area of the USD equivalent of 1,000 JPY on this PATCH? That's $8 more dollars! What a ripoff.

$20 for this gimped game (with no training mode, online, or Tekken Bowl) was already pushing it...now it's around $28 for a slightly less gimped game?

Not gonna happen for me.

But it sounds like it will be happening for many of you...enjoy!

And yet people paid £40 ($50?) for Tekken 5 and £35 ($40?) for Tekken DR.

Both don't have online play

jaundicejuice said:
**** YES!

I definently have to get a network set-up going when I buy a PS3. How much is Dark Ressurection? I was thinking of buying VF5 right when I got my PS3 but I think I may get this instead.

About $20

fernoca

Lyte Edge said:
It's free to play online after you buy it. Like all the other free-to-play-online games. :p No $50 a year Xbox Live Fee and all that.

Is like pay Phantasy Star Universe.
You like $10 at first, and then you can play the rest of the month..for free. :lol

Anyone that quotes me assuming I was serious.should just be banned. hehehehe..

Trakdown

TheJollyCorner said:
in the Famitsu thread neo has posted that Practice Mode will be added, as well.

Now... add a new Tekken Bowl and we are ****ing golden. :)

Tekken Bowl online...would be sweet.

ThePeter

I just screamed repeatedly, holy hell OMFG this is the beginning of the end. i don't give a crap if this somehow means that the PS3 version of Tekken 6 comes out Q1 2008 or whatever or if Lili won't get patched HOLY HELL WHERE IS MY GOD NOW?!

Zeenbor

OH SWEET JEEBUS!!!!!

As you will all soon find out, "I AM *the Law*, beeotches!" and you will all suffer for your disobedience!!!!!!!

Lyte Edge

Practice mode too!!??! WEUIWFIUSFSFUD AWESOME!! :D

fernoca said:
Is like pay Phantasy Star Universe.
You like $10 at first, and then you can play the rest of the month..for free. :lol

Anyone that quotes me assuming I was serious.should just be banned. hehehehe..

*bitch slap*

Remember back in the olden days, if you wanted to add features to a game, you had to release a whole new disc or cartridge?

Digital distribution FTW!

Lyte Edge

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Remember back in the olden days, if you wanted to add features to a game, you had to release a whole new disc or cartridge?

Oh yeah! Although I can't help but feel like this is "Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection: Everything That We Should Have Included In The Game Before Edition."

Well, 2800 Yen is about 22.9 USD so I don't think the price will change. But, then who really knows and I wouldn't put this being delayed out of the realm of possibility. This will encourage more people to buy it so it looks as if the PSN price may stay as it is.

Steroyd

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

Yep that tends to be the Japaneese way launching ten versions of the same game.

Although in the West this power is being abused the wrong way. :(

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

More like Digital Patches....

Top Bottom