• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 5: DR ONLINE - Available NOW!

Teknoman

Johnkers said:
That was already in the game for me too.

Edit: it also sucks and I wish I could turn it off in-game like Tekken 5 on PS2 rather then having to turn it off every time I play tekken then on again for other games

You dont like force feed back when fighting?

SOLDIER

Is anyone else getting a weird sound glitch since the update? I keep getting this annoying clicking sound the whole time. If not, would it help if I deleted then re-downloaded the game?

Ploid 3.0

Rematch sounds awesome for the one on one sparing I mostly participate in. If they want to change characters they only have to decline rematch request.

KnuckaWut

played alot last night, i like that when you turn rank off the matches are pretty much casual. now people don't get mad and leave when they lose, they still stay cause the loss doesnt count against your record.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
KnuckaWut said:
played alot last night, i like that when you turn rank off the matches are pretty much casual. now people don't get mad and leave when they lose, they still stay cause the loss doesnt count against your record.

That's always a good thing ^_^

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
h3ro said:
DS3 support would have been nice, oh well, I haven't been playing much now a days anyway.

DS3 is supported in the new update, and it rocks.

Edit: whoops didnt see that you only own the offline version :(

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
badcrumble said:
How do we update, redownload it from the store? I tried just starting up the game and nothing happened.

Go to Online Battle and it'll auto-update. At least, that's what my JPN version did.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
badcrumble said:
How do we update, redownload it from the store? I tried just starting up the game and nothing happened.

It should prompt for it as soon as you start the game.

What region do you have?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SOLDIER said:
So I take it no one else has any sound issues?

What sound issues are you experiencing?

When first starting the game I noticed the lil 'gwoosh' sound was a bit different, everything else seemed the same though.

SOLDIER

I get a constant clicking sound with every sound effect.

If it's just me, maybe downloading it again will fix things. At least I hope so.

LowParry

You could just reinstall it. Wouldn't hurt to try. Although I'd double check your sound reciever (if you're using one). If not, just reinstall.

Okay, quick question.

If I'm buying this in the U.S. store, can I buy the stand-alone game then upgrade to online later? In other words, do I HAVE to get the bundle in the US store to have online? I don't see "online add-on" anywhere in the store...

Johnkers said:
I'm pretty sure once Online was released, they removed the original game

Still there which is why I'm asking. I didn't want to spend 30 dollars at once, I wanted to get the game first then the online. I'm just wondering if anyone bought the stand-alone game in the US store and was able to upgrade to online later.

Deadly Monk said:
Still there which is why I'm asking. I didn't want to spend 30 dollars at once, I wanted to get the game first then the online. I'm just wondering if anyone bought the stand-alone game in the US store and was able to upgrade to online later.

Anyone...? : (

Ploid 3.0

Thats how you install the online version. You must have the offline Tekken installed first.

Oh wait. You can't find the online version seperate. That would be a problem.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Thats how you install the online version. You must have the offline Tekken installed first.

Oh wait. You can't find the online version seperate. That would be a problem.

I thought maybe if I bought the offline version first, I could get the online later through the main menu.

DaFish

MarkMan said:
Anyone still playing this online?

I was actually going to pick this game up recently (I just purchases the PSP version for 20$, but now I want to play some human beings) I was wondering the same thing...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MarkMan said:
Anyone still playing this online?
Sorry, I'm bailing out of this shit online service until I get my patch in Europe.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
It's still very easy to get into a game at night. Hosts don't like it if you suck though. I'm like 0-20 :/

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
angelfly said:
Tekken 6 won't be here until next year so if you need your Tekken fix you may want to pick it up.
Okay. :starts saving up money:

When do those PSN cards become available? I don't want to use my CC...

karasu

I play everyday, but sometimes it's really hard to find a match. Especially when people kick you out of a room for beating them.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
karasu said:
I play everyday, but sometimes it's really hard to find a match. Especially when people kick you out of a room for beating them.

Yeah that part is annoying, but sometimes you meet alot of really cool people. I recently befriended some hardcore tekken players and the commentary while we all play is hilarious.

itxaka

Defeatist
TONX said:
Yeah that part is annoying, but sometimes you meet alot of really cool people. I recently befriended some hardcore tekken players and the commentary while we all play is hilarious.

I really have problems to get into matches. I always enter in a room, watch a match and get kicked for no reason. This is the only game that gives me problems in the online aspect, maybe they kick me because i´m a beginner?

I had the online version for 2 months and I only be able to play 1 match (against a guy who is about 50, he totally owned me hard :D )

itxaka said:
I really have problems to get into matches. I always enter in a room, watch a match and get kicked for no reason. This is the only game that gives me problems in the online aspect, maybe they kick me because i´m a beginner?

I had the online version for 2 months and I only be able to play 1 match (against a guy who is about 50, he totally owned me hard :D )

Yeah it happens to me too, because my rank is low, even though I can hold my own against the higher ranks. A lot of losers in this game won't play with low rankers, not because they think you'll suck, but because they don't get very many points for beating beginners.

Top Bottom