• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7/7/07 - The Bungie Day Thread

GhaleonEB

New content at Bungie.net

Top- story about Bungie Day with links to the other sub-articles.

-Brute Chopper descrption with two rotatable Quicktime shots

-C.Q.B. Spartan Variant with rotatable Quicktime shot

-E.V.A. Spartan Variant with rotatable Quicktime shot

-New wallpaper!

qcbthumbnail.jpg

evathumbnail.jpg

Stinkles said:
They are simply consecutive screenshots stitched into a QT VR - although we obviously turned on depth of field to drop the backgrounds out of focus.

They are regular, unmolested screenshots.

God I cannot wait til you guys can take your own in-game screenshots and upload 'em to Bungie so I don't have to read the word "bullshot" ever again.

Bungie Day Theme and Picture Pack are up on Marketplace - both free.

Marketplace --> Themes and Picture Packs --> New Arrivals --> Halo 3

Original article:

Just posted on Bungie.net

July 7th has come to be known as "Bungie Day" amongst our fan community and this year is extra special on account of it actually falling in a year ending with 7. If you're new to our fan community, do some digging to find out the rich history of Bungie and the number 7 and you'll see why 7/7/07 has special meaning within our family.

Lukems and the Bungie.net team have some cool things lined up for the site tomorrow but we also managed to pull a few strings to make some extra special content available on Xbox 360 Marketplace. I won't spoil the fun and tell you exactly what it is (don't get too excited, it's not Halo 3 - think something of a more decorative nature) but I did want to give you a heads-up that these commemorative goodies are ONLY available on 7/7/07 and then they are gone forever.

Log on to Marketplace any time starting at 2:00 AM PDT on July 7th and get it while you can. Once the clock strikes midnight on Saturday, this content is gone forever. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Spread the word throughout the Bungie community and join us on Marketplace and Bungie.net tomorrow for good times. And we wouldn't have a "Bungie Day" without our loyal fans who have stuck by us for so long. Thanks for all of your support and here's to 2007 - the best year yet in the history of Bungie Studios and our fan community!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I'm hoping for free, stain resistant pants. Or a Mister Chief theme. Either way.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
obviously themes and/or gamer pics.

i wonder if this means no vidoc then?

If its only available for one day, that kinda throws out the possibility of a new Vid doc.

Regardless, this is pretty awesome. Commence 15 pages of guessing!

op_ivy

siamesedreamer said:
If its only available for one day, that kinda throws out the possibility of a new Vid doc.

Regardless, this is pretty awesome. Commence 15 pages of guessing!

well, there could be other surprises unrelated to this news posting *crosses fingers

traveler

Not Wario
Why are you guys getting excited over free downloadable goodies? I'm not impressed. Bungie should be focusing on their game after all.

/sarcasm

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
This pisses me off royally. I'm out of town for a wedding so there's not a chance of me getting these goodies.

So angry.....

traveler said:
Why are you guys getting excited over free downloadable goodies? I'm not impressed. Bungie should be focusing on their game after all.

Because it sounds like FUN.

And as St. Bartholemew tells us, "FUN IS FUN."

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
A theme and gamer pics? Seriously? I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth but I would've thought Bungie would do something better than that for 7/7/7.
"Lukems and the Bungie.net team have some cool things lined up for the site tomorrow but we also managed to pull a few strings to make some extra special content available on Xbox 360 Marketplace."

BenjaminBirdie said:

Its the new GAF meme. "Thou cannot be hyped about materials that are not games"

This included downloading trailers and free fun things.

GhaleonEB

traveler said:

Lukems and the Bungie.net team have some cool things lined up for the site tomorrow
I think that right there is what I'm really interested in. I mean, think about what we got this week already -

-screens of three new MP maps and one new vehicle
-tons of renders of new multiplayer armor permutations
-Campaign screen

That's about what I expected out of E3, not the week before it. And they are adding some....something....to the site tomorrow. Should be good.

As for the Marketplace content:

don't get too excited, it's not Halo 3 - think something of a more decorative nature
As a fan of Bungie's artwork, I'm perfectly content of that's what it sounds like it is. :D

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
A theme and gamer pics? Seriously? I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth but I would've thought Bungie would do something better than that for 7/7/7.
See: B.Net content

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
traveler said:

Technically, unless I'm blind (or stupid (which are both possible)) they didn't say it would be free. As far as there focus, I think we can allow them a Saturday to have a little fun, don't you? I mean, shit, it's not a 24x7 operation.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I really wish they had given more than a day's notice about this. I would have brought my xbox home with me if I had known. I'm going to be fuming about this for a long time I think.

Come on Bungie, show your fans some love! Make it available for more than a day.

I'm such a sad puma right now....

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
As a fan of Bungie's artwork, I'm perfectly content of that's what it sounds like it is. :D

I'd also point out that when I introduced my Adjutant Reflex=Mister Chief theory in the Iris thread, Frankie shot it down with the information that he had just completed a new Mister Chief that would be presented in a different location then usual.

:D

GhaleonEB

urk said:
I'd also point out that when I introduced my Adjutant Reflex=Mister Chief theory in the Iris thread, Frankie shot it down with the information that he had just completed a new Mister Chief that would be presented in a different location then usual.

:D
Oh shits I hadn't even thought of that. Mister Chief avatar get! :lol

traveler

Not Wario
BenjaminBirdie said:

urk said:
Technically, unless I'm blind (or stupid (which are both possible)) they didn't say it would be free. As far as there focus, I think we can allow them a Saturday to have a little fun, don't you? I mean, shit, it's not a 24x7 operation.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169347

Kidding aside, I'll be very happy to accept these nice gifts from our wonderful overlords at Bungie. :D

Scarecrow

Can't wait! :D I wish the 360 marketplace would do more of this kind of stuff, like with what they did with the Gears "Emergence Day" theme, etc.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
My guesses:

Themes, picture packs, a video containing glimpses of single player.

Also the first Bungie podcast goes up tomorrow on the site.

LukeSmith

traveler said:

En masse, the whole of Bungie is working on finishing Halo 3 so that you can Finish the Fight. Like the news story said, the web guys and I have been baking up some other things for you. Which reminds me, I have to go put some more batter in the pan, the oven is ready.

Thermite

LukeSmith said:
En masse, the whole of Bungie is working on finishing Halo 3 so that you can Finish the Fight. Like the news story said, the web guys and I have been baking up some other things for you. Which reminds me, I have to go put some more batter in the pan, the oven is ready.

I trust you guys will pick the right seasonings. :D

op_ivy

RattleHead_ said:
"Lukems and the Bungie.net team have some cool things lined up for the site tomorrow but we also managed to pull a few strings to make some extra special content available on Xbox 360 Marketplace."

pod cast + theme + gamer pics. maybe, maybe a few new screens/renders.... and the elite vidoc! (wishful thinking)

traveler

Not Wario
I was joking above. But if that is what it takes to draw out teases from Bungie, maybe I should be less impressed with all the cool crap you guys have been pulling out. Hmm...

LukeSmith said:

Podcast incoming amirite? :D

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Is there any way to take down the entire xbox live network tomorrow so those of us without our xboxes can get the content at a later date?

Any ideas out there?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
LunaticPuma said:
Is there any way to take down the entire xbox live network tomorrow so those of us without our xboxes can get the content at a later date?

Any ideas out there?

Find a way to move E3 up a week?

traveler

Not Wario
LunaticPuma said:

Any ideas out there?

Tell everyone the Hour of Victory demo is actually a Halo 3 single player demo.

Top Bottom