• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7/7/07 - The Bungie Day Thread

GhaleonEB

siamesedreamer said:
Yah for a new theme.........I've been using the Stary Night commercial theme ever since it was released back in December.
I'm even cheaper than that. I'm using the Halo 2 gamerpic and theme that came free on the 360. :lol

armubaba said:
So are themes and gamerpics tied to the HDD only or gamertag?
Sounds like the download for this will disappear after 24 hours. So even if you download it, there will be no way to re-download it.

Buttonbasher said:
Sounds like the download for this will disappear after 24 hours. So even if you download it, there will be no way to re-download it.

Its kinda dumb how its only on one day... I mean come on... not everyone knows about this 7/7/7 thing.

Thermite

siamesedreamer said:
Yah for a new theme.........I've been using the Stary Night commercial theme ever since it was released back in December.

I was using the Halo trilogy theme for a long time, but decided to pick up the Starry Night theme in January or February. I have been using it ever since.

I'd like to think the Jackal is sort of a microcosm of some of the developmental themes we're going to see in Halo 3 and what we can expect from the entire game as a whole.

These are Halo 1 renders. You can see that some of the earlier versions of the Jackal already came with armor:

jackals_1.jpg

Here's Halo 2's upgrade, which was an impressive alteration, making them more feral and reptilian and less aviary:

jackal1.jpg

And then there's Halo 3 model (granted, it's not in-game, but it's as close as we got), which looks incredibly bad-ass and captures the armor aesthetic as well as the animalistic nature of the creature. The velociraptor comparison earlier was quite accurate. They look like trouble this time around:

h3_jackalsniper_01.jpg

GhaleonEB

MaX_PL said:
i hope theres something better than just gamerpics and themes.
That's all that was announced (or hinted at) for Marketplace. But both the article in the OP and in today's Update said there would be content at bungie.net tomorrow.

Ramirez

Karma Kramer said:
Its kinda dumb how its only on one day... I mean come on... not everyone knows about this 7/7/7 thing.

It's for Bungie's hardcore fans (nerds like us), I think thats all they care that knows about it. :p

armubaba

Buttonbasher said:

Meh. Worst comes to worst, I'll just get a friend to DL it and copy it to my HDD later.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ramirez said:
It's for Bungie's hardcore fans (nerds like us), I think thats all they care that knows about it. :p

Official: Do NOT wait up for this if you are not a hardcore Bungie fan. Nothing for casuals is going up tomorrow. Or at least nothing worth waiting up for.

No Bungietons.

LukeSmith

Stinkles said:
Official: Do NOT wait up for this if you are not a hardcore Bungie fan. Nothing for casuals is going up tomorrow. Or at least nothing worth waiting up for.

No Bungietons.

IGN is correct it's a 2 a.m. download, we had the time wrong in the original news post -- we updated less than an hour after it went up and Ghaleon didn't update (OMG)

Edit: B'net stuff will go up when the clock strikes 7/7/07 in Bungietown.
Double edit albatross:
Marketplace stuffz 2 a.m.
Bnet: 12 a.m.

Thermite

shit, so it is 2 AM PST? there's no way I can stay up that late...I was going to have trouble staying up until 3:00 AM EST. oh well, I'll download it as soon as I get up.

edit: thanks for posting that Luke, I was just about to close out Firefox and head to bed. looks like I'm staying up untill 3:00 AM anyway. :D

GhaleonEB

LukeSmith said:
IGN is correct it's a 2 a.m. download, we had the time wrong in the original news post -- we updated less than an hour after it went up and Ghaleon didn't update (OMG)

Like, oh m'gosh! I'll update now. Thanks for the heads up.

LukeSmith said:

Double edit albatross:
Marketplace stuffz 2 a.m.
Bnet: 12 a.m.
Wow. Brimley's too tired for 5AM XBLM stuff tonight.
WilliamBHardT2.jpeg

We're in for the B.net stuff though.

voltron

Marathon on XBLA would be the bomb, although thats my prediction for e3 week. Last year they dropped Doom on us with no warning - this year it will be Marathon(1or2).

TemplaerDude said:
jackals are wimps. and they always will be.

pj325is said:
That's not very scary. More like a six-foot turkey.

jurassic_park3_body.jpg

Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex, he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the other two 'raptors you didn't even know were there. Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... a six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, say... no no. He slashes at you here... or here... or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is... you are alive when they start to eat you. So you know... try to show a little respect.

voltron said:
Marathon on XBLA would be the bomb, although thats my prediction for e3 week. Last year they dropped Doom on us with no warning - this year it will be Marathon(1or2).
Doom was at X06, not E3. I'm not sure, but I think it was Uno at E3.

So wtf are you guys expecting anyway? I'm just up because I've gotten used to staying up for SSBB updates and this is convienently the same time.

Top Bottom