• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7/7/07 - The Bungie Day Thread

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Son of Godzilla said:
That would be the true Bungie Day miracle.

It's kinda believable that they are legit, as posting bullshit this close doesn't really make sense, but it's also not believable because HOLY SHIT JUST LOOK AT EM.

*shrug*

they look just like the beta models... now with added environment reflections (from what i see anyways)

TheWolf

Banned
qcbthumbnail.jpg

reminds me of

f825d4f5-3e3c-4103-8f2f-c3e76bb432e0.jpg

SpudBud said:
I'm really hoping those aren't bullshots, they look amazing.
I don't know why they would be, I mean there is the blur, but the models are most definitely the same ones being used in game. There may be some AA being applied, but the shots are a fairly low resolution so you probably wouldn't notice much aliasing any way.

LukeSmith

Couple of questions to answer before I go to sleep:

1. We recorded what may have been construed as a Podcast tonight, it may even be released as a podcast, or it may be released in another consumable audio form. I have to listen to everything tomorrow and see how it sounds. I don't want the Podcast to come back until it comes back the "right way," OK?

2. I actually don't know how these shots are made. I'll talk to folks tomorrow and get some knowledge dropped on my face as to how they are created. Feel free to speculate otherwise until then, I haves no clue.

3. 2 a.m. Pacific for the Bungie downloads on Marketplace, not midnight.

SpudBud

LukeSmith said:
1. We recorded what may have been construed as a Podcast tonight, it may even be released as a podcast, or it may be released in another consumable audio form. I have to listen to everything tomorrow and see how it sounds. I don't want the Podcast to come back until it comes back the "right way," OK?
Can't wait!

Ramirez

It's missing the bumpy black part the CQB has, look at the guy firing the laser and compare it to him, looks different.

GhaleonEB

LukeSmith said:

2. I actually don't know how these shots are made. I'll talk to folks tomorrow and get some knowledge dropped on my face as to how they are created. Feel free to speculate otherwise until then, I haves no clue.

3. 2 a.m. Pacific for the Bungie downloads on Marketplace, not midnight.
Groovy. The shots look like the same quality as the other shots that came out when the Beta was released, so they may have been captured similarly.

1178912778.jpg

Loving the updates. Shrine looks absolutely epic, we need some aerial views of it. Awesome Bungie Day update. :D

Son of Godzilla said:
That would be the true Bungie Day miracle.

It's kinda believable that they are legit, as posting bullshit this close doesn't really make sense, but it's also not believable because HOLY SHIT JUST LOOK AT EM.

Well maybe part of the reason they look so great is the smaller size coupled with the DOF efffect. The models themselves look legit as far as geometry is concerned. Either way, they're definately some of better Halo 3 shots I've ever seen.

Scarecrow

I'm a little dissapointed in the detail to the ingame spartan models shown in the 3D screens (though, those shots are badass). I'm still holding out hope that the gamerpictures has a Mister Cheif in the set.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
awesome stuff bungie!

looking at those 3d screens, i wonder if we'll have access to dof and other effects when taking screens...

GhaleonEB

Scarecrow said:
I'm a little dissapointed in the detail to the ingame spartan models shown in the 3D screens (though, those shots are badass). I'm still holding out hope that the gamerpictures has a Mister Cheif in the set.
This is required. Though did anyone else catch this:

the free Bungie-themed Marketplace goodies may replace some of those Gamerpics you've been using. One image features a wise Bungie-staffer with a very real and magical mullet.
:lol

Also, OP updated with links to all the stuffz.

Maybe we'll get videos of this stuff at E3. That seems to be the build - show them in magazines, put screens online, deeper information/models and then maybe movies.

Repeat for campaign, starting with the next EGM.

Ramirez

Pull open the 3D screenshot of that Close Quarters armor, turn it to the side, then put it in the middle of the wallpaper, the red spartan has a different helmet. Good find Creepin.

Ramirez

Luke said:

The image features a classic Red versus Blue encounter with some equally and mayhaps more interesting shenanigans unfolding in the background.

I would guess that the new armor/Valhalla at night are possibly what that was alluding to, definitely the armor, the night thing is just a hope of mine. :lol

We're not going to get a theme containing pictures of Bungie staff are we? That'd be abit lame.

Not if it contains the elder Marty or Frankie with a mullet. :lol

LukeSmith said:

If these are weekly podcasts or if you just simply do more... try to get Jason Jones to do a short little interview. That would be awesome.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Buttonbasher said:
I said the same thing in this thread!

heh, whoops!

i was too busy spinning pretty pictures round. still cant believe how great this looks. the explosion looks INCREDIBLE and the pic is just oozing details. look at all the particles, whether its from the grav lifts, dust, sparks, explosion trails, debris... good god man! this wins any graphics award hands down, and this is MP still! :O

Ramirez said:
Luke said:

The image features a classic Red versus Blue encounter with some equally and mayhaps more interesting shenanigans unfolding in the background.

I would guess that the new armor/Valhalla at night are possibly what that was alluding to, definitely the armor, the night thing is just a hope of mine. :lol

Not if it contains the elder Marty or Frankie with a mullet. :lol
Oh goody, so that about confirms it. I like this new armor better than the other two from what I can see of it.

52odtgz.png
4xzaw74.jpg

They are most certainly not the same ;)

For those who still don't believe, just look at the chest plate, it looks completely different from both the normal armor being shown in that art work and the CQB armor shown in game.

Top Bottom