• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland - Official Thread of Inherent Greatness

ziran

4yis7ph.jpg

Release Dates:
Europe - 14th September 2007
NA - ?
Japan - 2nd September 2006

Official European site

63mpxr6.jpg
6fpk2tf.jpg

5yl1jxk.jpg
5zm7pz9.jpg

4vg0h09.jpg
6eumw6r.jpg

548vkfm.jpg
6cyndxy.jpg

2wn4whu.jpg
4z21uzo.jpg

Nintendo Europe
Zentendo

European Box Art:
4p1xvlj.jpg

Videos:
NoE - trailer
IGN - gameplay

Overview (Nintendo Europe):
Take a trip into the weird and wonderful world of Tingle as he becomes the hero of his very own adventure! Fans of the Legend of Zelda series will be familiar with the quirky character best known for making maps and hoarding every last Rupee he can get his hands on. And now you can take control of Tingle as he sets off on a wacky quest to collect as much cash as possible and reach a paradise beyond the clouds.

The game reveals that Tingle’s obsession with Rupees began after he was called to an abandoned pool near his home by the mysterious Uncle Rupee. Tingle is informed that throwing enough Rupees into the pool will cause a tower to rise from the ground which stretches up to Rupeeland – an otherwise unreachable paradise. And so the adventure begins. Directing Tingle with the +Control Pad or YXAB Buttons, and using the Touch Screen to select items, interact with people you meet and mark key points on the game map, you must help Tingle collect as many Rupees as possible.

Money doesn’t come easily though, and you’ll have to keep Tingle in the black by battling enemies, exploring dungeons and completing a variety of tasks. You can even raise Rupees by selling the maps you have charted. But be careful - trying to sell your maps at too high a price might make prospective buyers angry and lose you a sale!

Helping you out on your travels are the friendly fairy Pinkle and Tingle’s pet dog Barkle. You’ll also have to hire bodyguards to protect you from bad guys who want to get their hands on your precious Rupees. Welcome to Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland, where money definitely makes the world go round!

• Take control of Tingle and guide him through a quirky adventure full of colourful characters.

• Use the Touch Screen to interact with people you meet, chart maps and use items you have collected.

• Hire bodyguards to protect you from the bad guys and use their special skills to reach areas Tingle can’t get to on his own.
Previews:
Cubed3 (English version)
Anticipation Rating: 5/5

Are you surprised? I know I was! Sure, it looked humorous and quirky, but those factors do not ensure a good game. Thankfully, though, Nintendo has geared the development of Rosey Rupeeland in the right direction and made it a worthy addition to the Zelda universe.
Wired (Japanese version)
It's a fun game thus far. It's not exactly packed with jokes -- the comedy just comes from the fact that it's all just so weird. I think that a few rupees here and there isn't gonna matter so much in the long run. Just as long as you finish the dungeons and whatever other quests get thrown at you, you'll get stacks of rupees to throw in the Scientology pond and continue the adventure.
Gamespy (Japanese version)
Tingle's Rose Colored Rupee Land is definitely not as epic as Zelda, but then again, it's not trying to be. This is the first time the Zelda franchise has spawned a spin-off title, and it's clear that a lot of effort went into the game. While the battles aren't too deep and there are no Wi-Fi options available, Rupee Land will serve as a great stopover until Phantom Hourglass hits stores.
IGN (Japanese version)
Like countless Nintendo genre-busters, Tingle RPG doesn't follow the rules of gaming, but that's exactly why I'm enjoying it so much. It's unknown if Nintendo of America will be giving the game a stateside release, but based on a few hours with the Japanese version, this is the first time you'll want to pay to play with Tingle.

Developed by Vanpool. From what was posted in another thread, this is a studio started by some ex-members of Lovedelic, creators of L.O.L. on DC and Moon on PS1.

Developer interview.

Looks good.

Importing:
For buying within NA, NCSX has been suggested. See posts from hooo and d+pad below.
If you're considering importing from the UK, Gameplay has been suggested. Here's what they say about their postage options.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
so is the game sort of zelda-lite with tingle-related comedy?
(please don't take this post as pejorative; genuinely curious/interested)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
beelzebozo said:
so is the game sort of zelda-lite with tingle-related comedy?
(please don't take this post as pejorative; genuinely curious/interested)

It is nothing like Zelda at all.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
OK, It looks great, and I will probably get it if it comes to NA, but really, am I the only who gets the feeling this game was created on a dare?

Jackano

I stuck at 70 or 80% of the game with the japanese version. For now, i will purchase the french version as long as Super Paper Mario. :D

Scribble

It's pretty refreshing to see a Tingle-oriented thread that isn't full of "OMG Tingle is GAY and I HAET Tingle SOOOO much and DIS game WILL be SOOO LAME how culd they ever relees it in english"

I'm really looking forward to seeing how well this game sells when it comes out here in Europe.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Kjellson said:
Too bad the game (probably) won't come to the US. The EU-DS boxes are horrible.

Just import the Uk Version.
There's no way you can miss this masterpiece!

ethelred

Can't wait for this game. I've already preordered from NCSX.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
OK, It looks great, and I will probably get it if it comes to NA, but really, am I the only who gets the feeling this game was created on a dare?

Not really. This is the kind of stuff these guys always do. They're completely out there.

Alpha_eX

Day one purchase, I was going to get the japanese version but put off by all the text i'd miss out on. I hope the translation is funny like the Mario RPG GBA/DS games.

Haunted

Jive Turkey said:
So true. Only a real man can dress and behave like Tingle.
agreed.

tingle.jpg

The only reason I don't like Tingle is that he was fucking annoying in Wind Waker. Damn ripoff.

hooo

boooy
AndoCalrissian said:
Where would be the best place to import the European version from? Looks like NCSX only has the Japanese version?

It looks like it's only in their old shop, but since I can't get the main url to load, I'm not sure if the link google gave me is any good.

NCS's old shop (maybe...)

rdellw

Haunted One said:
agreed.

The only reason I don't like Tingle is that he was fucking annoying in Wind Waker. Damn ripoff.
I like how in the game details it mentions that if you price your maps too high the villagers may become angry.

d+pad

hooo said:
It looks like it's only in their old shop, but since I can't get the main url to load, I'm not sure if the link google gave me is any good.

NCS's old shop (maybe...)

I can't get the sites to load right now either, but I placed my order through one of NCS' sites. There should be a link in the other Tingle thread...

Edit: Here's the link, though it doesn't seem to be working at the moment:

http://www.ncsx.com/2007/073007/ncs0730w.htm

Alpha_eX

:Motorbass said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tingle

He first appeared in Majora's Mask. Is in several other recent Zelda games like Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures on GC; except in TP which is why this game isn't as perfect as it could have been.

He was in TP, that cage star collecting game, the guy who runs that, it's Tingle. Even if it was a reference, it was him...

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Tingle is obviously the most powerful force in the Zelda universe. He can tunnel through time, live forever, and raze continents with a single stroke of his tiny finger.

All hail our fairy-costumed overlords.

cdwow.com ship worldwide, hopefully they'll stock it. If not I know Gameplay will ship anywhere, I'm pretty sure Play.com won't.

Top Bottom