• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace combat 6 on playstation 3?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Well, Katamari and Eternal Sonata could just be technical errors on their site. But it does all seem a bit coincidental.

f@luS

More than a member.
Wollan said:
All the X360 exclusives revealed for PS3 today, weird coincidence. Eternal Sonata, BioShock, AC6.

Well ,a similar thing betweek 3 on these games : Namco (katamary , Eternal sonata, Ac6)
coincidence?

MCD

TGS is near.

we will know there for sure.

Wollan said:
All the X360 exclusives revealed for PS3 today, weird coincidence. Eternal Sonata, BioShock, AC6.

You wish Homii :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hyoushi said:

Yeah, that is the odd one out. But as per that TheStreet article, it doesn't necessarily sound nearly as watertightly exclusive as some would lead you to believe..

Anyway, back to Ace Combat, what would be the involvement of Dassault Aviation? Is there a word-for-word translation of the article?

Wollan

They're putting it on more platforms didn't they say? I mean, I'm pretty sure the PS3 is the top candidate.

LRB1983

Banned
Namco can't disappoint PS3 users ^^. They always created good games for sony platforms. But today it's only a possibility.

Gowans

Some guys stop trying to fan the flames.

Ace combat looks great and who cares if more people can play it and the company makes more money to make more games.

antiloop

An editor and mod on a big Swedish (hardware site though) forum said a few days ago that "Bioshock is for sure coming to PS3". He isn't allowed to state his source though.
But it's starting to sound very likely.

f@luS

More than a member.
if this is confirmed for Katamary & Eternal sonata, this is a great day for ps3 owners , it changes a bit lol ^^

Bioshock is coming for sure , my guess , but dont care ive almost finished the game on 360 :eek:

Steroyd

Gowans007 said:
Some guys stop trying to fan the flames.

Ace combat looks great and who cares if more people can play it and the company makes more money to make more games.

Did you see the title and just decide to go to auto defend the now sucks cos it's multiplatform mode, there's no flaming of the sort.

Double checks thread

glaurung

I cannot find a single shred of information on that page that would claim AC6 for the PS3.

Edit: no, wait, it says that there is a possibility of that happening. No hard facts.

f@luS

More than a member.
glaurung said:
I cannot find a single shred of information on that page that would claim AC6 for the PS3.

photo-lunette.jpg

Ace Combat 6 : Fires Of Liberation, lui, se dévoile aussi par le biais de son chef produit. Ce dernier nous annonce un certain nombre d'informations croustillantes comme les possibilités en ligne, une version PS3, un partenariat avec Dassault entre autres :

exactly what i said in the OP

Lobster

Banned
AC6 could work really well with PS3, especially if they have some good flight controls on the six-axis. Motion control fanboys wet dream.

f@luS

More than a member.
Do you speak french? where do you see it as "just a possibility"?

Atari (ce dernier) nous annonce une version ps3 = Atari announces a PS3 version

?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
f@luS said:
Do you speak french? where do you see it as "just a possibility"?

Atari (ce dernier) nous annonce une version ps3 = Atari announces a PS3 version

?

I think he's looking at 'les possibilités en ligne' (online possibilities). But a native translation of that entire sentence would be nice.

reminder

I don't understand french, but what i understand from the babelfished translation is, that in the video a producer of the game talks about online, a (possible) PS3 version and the partnership with Dassault Aviation.

I could be wrong, but this seems more plausible imo.

jet1911

gofreak said:
I think he's looking at 'les possibilités en ligne' (online possibilities). But a native translation of that entire sentence would be nice.

Ce dernier nous annonce un certain nombre d'informations croustillantes comme les possibilités en ligne, une version PS3, un partenariat avec Dassault entre autres :

He announces a number of interesting informations such as online play, a PS3 version, a partnership with Dassault etc...

f@luS

More than a member.
reminder said:
I don't understand french, but what i understand from the babelfished translation is, that in the video a producer of the game talks about online, a (possible) PS3 version and the partnership with Dassault Aviation.

I could be wrong, but this seems more plausible imo.

You do are wrong :

Ace Combat 6 : Fires Of Liberation, lui, se dévoile aussi par le biais de son chef produit. Ce dernier nous annonce un certain nombre d'informations croustillantes comme les possibilités en ligne, une version PS3, un partenariat avec Dassault entre autres :

= (own translation, im french btw)

Ace combat 6 : Fires of liberation is showed through his producer. This guy announces a lot of informations,such as Online features , PS3 version with a partnership with dassault"

if you prefer.

Ure wrong about the " possibilités en ligne" which just means "online features"

reminder

f@luS said:
You do are wrong :

= (own translation, im french btw)

Ace combat 6 : Fires of liberation is showed through his producer. This guy announces a lot of informations,such as Online features , PS3 version with a partnership with dassault"

if you prefer.

Ure wrong about the " possibilités en ligne" which just means "online features"

Ok, thx. Now i expect a official announcement at TGS or even earlier. :D

Doc Evils

jet1911 said:
Ce dernier nous annonce un certain nombre d'informations croustillantes comme les possibilités en ligne, une version PS3, un partenariat avec Dassault entre autres :

He announces a number of interesting informations such as online play, a PS3 version, a partnership with Dassault etc...

megaton.

let the tears commence.

kay

The reason for the exclusivity was probably a combination of two things; PS3 development problems and then not wanting to delay the game release for that and Microsoft buying the game(s) exclusivity (and holding out the multiplatform announcement) for some time. Well, I was hoping for new games when Namco had listed those "PS3 shooter, RPG" etc games. At least we know why they expect to make a lot more off PS3 games in 2008 than 360 games.

glaurung

Namco Bandai goodness sans the achievements all the way.

Come on SONY, get the trophies done!

* faps violently while fantasizing about having a life-size Sukhoi 27 in his home room *

Eternal Sonata has always been expected on PS3 for a long while now. The AC6 announcement is not surprising at all given that the fan base is on Playstation platforms and that I doubt Namco would get any huge profit, if at all by making it 360 exclusive. It would be too expensive to create a whole new AC7 for PS3 given that they wouldn't be able to recycle the game content and add some new stuff like they did with RR7.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
sakuragi said:
But who didn't saw this coming anyway? :lol
If I recall correctly, the most vocal people in the huge "bitter tears frosting thread" - or at least, they acted in the fashion ;)

Shito

Gosh, the meltdown of the french Atari PR in the video is epic!

"Well, as for the PS3 version, well there will be a PS3 version, but for the moment the launch is for the Xbox 360, so we don't talk about the PS3 version!"

Moreover, I didn't see it mentionned in this thread or in another topic, but he also let go of a multiplayer demo coming end of september.
Too bad he's probably gonna get fired or badly sacked, he was nice to us, players. ^^

jet1911

Shito said:

"Well, as for the PS3 version, well there will be a PS3 version, but for the moment the launch is for the Xbox 360, so we don't talk about the PS3 version!"

Moreover, I didn't see it mentionned in this thread or in another topic, but he also let go of a multiplayer demo coming end of september.
Too bad he's probably gonna get fired or badly sacked, he was nice to us, players. ^^

Woo! :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Shito said:

:lol Well I'm glad we have a direct quote, more or less, since misunderstandings can present themselves with paraphrasing etc.

Top Bottom