• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace combat 6 on playstation 3?

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Hmmm. To buy the X360 version now, or wait for the PS3 version later?

I think I'll wait for the PS3 version. Lack of pressure sensitive map button is a pretty big step back for me in that game. Also a lack of pressure sensitive target change/camera lock button.

Add to the fact the 360 one will probably spit a DRE at me a few times during the course of play.

And sound like a jet plane itself while playing.

gkrykewy said:
You seem to have this odd illusion that the majority of console buyers care about console brand loyalty, and maintain it from console generation to console generation. Clearly this is not the case, but I'm glad it's coming to PS3 anyway. More AC6 sales regardless of platform means a greater chance for AC7.
Way to misunderstand what I'm saying, and you pretty much contradict this considering I'm only talking about Ace Combat, that is, this case.

I'm simply predicting that AC6 on 360 will outsell AC6 on PS3 for the reasons outlined repeatedly above. Your reasons to the contrary seem to be limited to playstation brand loyalty, which hasn't really done much for the PS3, and so we'll see.
Just because it sold well in the US it doesn't mean it did regardless of the platform, so... we'll see.

Aggelos

Shit guys I am dying here! AC06 for PS3??:D Because after the exclusive announcement of AC06 on Xbox360, my expectations were low about namco-PS3-AC series....

I'm hoping for a spring 2008 release....:D

Can anyone translate this?

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr said:
Mise à jour du 11/09/2007 : Suite à la demande de l'éditeur, la partie du texte de la news ainsi que celle de la vidéo d'Ace Combat 6 (où notre interlocuteur de chez Atari énonçait une version PS3), viennent d'être supprimées."

Metalmurphy said:

"Updated of the 11/09/2007: Following the request of the editor, the part of the text of the news as that of the video of Ace Fights 6 (where our interlocutor from Atari stated a version PS3), has been just removed."

^ babelfish

Speevy

Banned
"Updated of the 11/09/2007: Following the request of the editor, the part of the text of the news as that of the video of Ace Fights 6 (where our interlocutor from Atari stated a version PS3), has been just removed."

camineet

Banned
Namco is gonna make me spend $300 for Ace Combat 6!

$150 Ace-Edge with AC6 for Xbox 360 + $150 Ace-Edge with AC6 for PS3 :lol :lol

gkryhewy

Crayon Shinchan said:
I think I'll wait for the PS3 version. Lack of pressure sensitive map button is a pretty big step back for me in that game. Also a lack of pressure sensitive target change/camera lock button.

Please tell me you're joking. You must be joking. Anyway, if I had both consoles, I might wait for the PS3 version. It's coming later, so it'll probably be tweaked, and you'll have a chance to toy around with sixaxis control, which could be cool. On the other hand, the online community MAY not be as strong.

But I only have a 360, so I'll have to do without pressure sensitivity for my map button :(. CRUEL FATE!!

BTW, the 360 box art still does have the "only for" language, which typically isn't there for timed exclusives. I think this'll have to be an AC"7" situation.

h3ro

Metalmurphy said:

Update of the 11/09/2007: Following the request of the editor, the part of the text of the news as that of the video of Ace Fights 6 (where our interlocutor from Atari stated a version PS3), has been just removed."

wow, I was really late!

h3ro said:
Babel Fish FTW!

Jenkins.JPG

KTallguy

Banned
I was really looking forward to Lair for my flight game needs, but now that Lair = Bomba, I may have to look at this more closely... I thought the 360 demo was decent, at least. Nothing too groundbreaking or special, but the game will obviously be enjoyable enough.

Kildace

Metalmurphy said:

As per the request of the publisher, the part of the Ace Combat 6 news and video where our contact from Atari announced a PS3 version was deleted.

Not babelfish!

cgcg

Hopefully they add something to the game especially the online mode. After Warhawk, circling each other while trying to lock-on is not going to be too fun.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
gkrykewy said:
Please tell me you're joking. You must be joking. Anyway, if I had both consoles, I might wait for the PS3 version. It's coming later, so it'll probably be tweaked, and you'll have a chance to toy around with sixaxis control, which could be cool. On the other hand, the online community MAY not be as strong.

But I only have a 360, so I'll have to do without pressure sensitivity for my map button :(. CRUEL FATE!!

BTW, the 360 box art still does have the "only for" language, which typically isn't there for timed exclusives. I think this'll have to be an AC"7" situation.

Why would I be joking?

Unless this were debunked at it was actually just a cruel cruel hoax, then yeah, I'll wait for the PS3 version.

I was pretty disappointed with lack of button sensitivity on the X360. No it's not used that much, but it's pretty useful for certain games. Like this one.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Fools, it was announced a long time ago that there would be a PS3 version too. I've been waiting for it, but won't buy it if it's 30 FPS.

I bet this whole mess started from one misinformed fool from Namco , some sales rep. I am just going to wait for further confirmation. I have confirmation these titles are on the 360 and rumors, confusion and misunderstandings they are on other platforms.

sakuragi

Banned
Crayon Shinchan said:
Why would I be joking?

Unless this were debunked at it was actually just a cruel cruel hoax, then yeah, I'll wait for the PS3 version.

I was pretty disappointed with lack of button sensitivity on the X360. No it's not used that much, but it's pretty useful for certain games. Like this one.

Maybe they'll make good use of the sex-axis like Lai.. I mean Warhawk. And give us an option to chose between the two. Superior version confirmed?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Anerythristic said:
I bet this whole mess started from one misinformed fool from Namco , some sales rep. I am just going to wait for further confirmation. I have confirmation these titles are on the 360 and rumors, confusion and misunderstandings they are on other platforms.

Nop,e Ace Combat was announced for PS3 as well almost at the same time as the 360 version was announced, for some time in 2008. Stop pretending you have some insider info.

Aggelos

Ether_Snake said:
Nop,e Ace Combat was announced for PS3 as well almost at the same time as the 360 version was announced, for some time in 2008. Stop pretending you have some insider info.

What??? Where?? U're kidding?

camineet

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Fools, it was announced a long time ago that there would be a PS3 version too. I've been waiting for it, but won't buy it if it's 30 FPS.

that's about the only reason I wouldn't buy the PS3 version is if it's 30fps. the last game in the series to be 30fps was AC3 on PS1.

even Air Combat arcade (1993, System 21)
and Air Combat 22 arcade (1995, System Super 22) were both 60fps.

camineet said:
that's about the only reason I wouldn't buy the PS3 version is if it's 30fps. the last game in the series to be 30fps was AC3 on PS1.

even Air Combat arcade (1993, System 21)
and Air Combat 22 arcade (1995, System Super 22) were both 60fps.

360 is 30fps as well

Crayon Shinchan said:
Hmmm. To buy the X360 version now, or wait for the PS3 version later?

Add to the fact the 360 one will probably spit a DRE at me a few times during the course of play.

And sound like a jet plane itself while playing.

Niiice.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Metalmurphy said:
360 is 30fps as well
Yeah, that was disappointing. The 360 demo looked very nice, but at 30 fps, it felt somewhat off.

The last AC game to run at 30 fps was actually Ace Combat X for PSP. The game looked great, but unfortuantely, was limited to 30 fps. I actually found that to be odd as most of Namco's PSP games have been 60 fps...

tehbear

Lobster said:
AC6 could work really well with PS3, especially if they have some good flight controls on the six-axis. Motion control fanboys wet dream.

Yeah I never wanted a dragon anyways :/ It doesn't have thrust vectoring. I am disappointed regardless cause AC6 is now the most awesome jet sim around. I miss the PC days of Janes ATF, Falcon 4.0, and Ef2000.

But yes back to PS3 version rumors. All jet sims should be on one platform, I don't care which. Buying multiple flight stick setups is for teh lose. Good thing PC has not given anything I'd need a stick with or I'd be looking at possible THREE sets 0_0

Stink

Seriously, how would online even work in this game, with infinite rockets, lockon and ridiculous ability to take damage wouldn't it just be something of a crapshoot?

I think games with slower aircraft such as Crimson Skies and Warhawk are more enticing online prospects than Ace Combat.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
tehbear said:
Yeah I never wanted a dragon anyways :/ It doesn't have thrust vectoring. I am disappointed regardless cause AC6 is now the most awesome jet sim around. I miss the PC days of Janes ATF, Falcon 4.0, and Ef2000.

But yes back to PS3 version rumors. All jet sims should be on one platform, I don't care which. Buying multiple flight stick setups is for teh lose. Good thing PC has not given anything I'd need a stick with or I'd be looking at possible THREE sets 0_0

Nah. PS3 accessories play well with PCs.

dfyb

Banned
tehbear said:

hell PS3 probably supports PC flightsticks

camineet

Banned
WHAT? Ace Combat 6 on Xbox 360 is only 30fps? news to me. I thought the demo was mostly 60fps with some framerate drops because it's just a demo, not a finished build.

edit: just googled. it seems to be true. most disappointing thing I've heard all year. fuck.

I fully expect the 360 flightstick to be functional on the PC, every other 360 controller works on the PC. XBCD drivers may need an update.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
beermonkey@tehbias said:
I fully expect the 360 flightstick to be functional on the PC, every other 360 controller works on the PC. XBCD drivers may need an update.

Functional on windows. As long as you have a valid copy of course.

In other words, MS need to release proprietary drivers (which are then hacked or reverse engineered ftw).

jvalioli

JCBossman said:
These games are more "arcadey" than Sim right? I don't like ultra realism(sorry froza guys)
Yeah, it's more arcadey. I'm not a sim kind of person either, but I love Ace Combat.

IGN reported yesterday in their liveblog that Microsoft's Japanese head stated Ace Combat 6 would only be playable on 360.

Any further confirmation?

EDIT: Nevermind, the official press release says "Available this holiday, only on Xbox 360."

Top Bottom