• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 11/29/07: Collector's Edition

tanod

when is my burrito
store1129.jpg

custom image courtesy of Chubigans

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

-Japanese content is up now.
-Europe content is up now.
-North America content is up now.

TODAY (THURSDAY) IS THE LAST DAY TO:
-get flOw, Calling all Cars, Pixeljunk Racers, and Everyday Shooter at $4.99 each
-get the Gran Turismo 5: Prologue demo on the Japanese Store

-Thank you to goldrusher and reminder for their past help in posting lists for the foreign stores.

OK. Setting some expectations for my listing of PSP Store content. I will only post the PSP list after it gets posted on the PS blog. I'm not going to track content outside of the U.S. nor am I going to track upcoming releases. It's simply way beyond what I have time for. If somebody else wants to start keeping track of that, feel free.

THIS WEEK:

United States/Canada

Games/Demos:
-PAIN - $9.99

DLC:
-The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Shivering Isles Expansion - $29.99
-MotorStorm - Mohawk Roadhog Bike and Lunar-Tec Buffalo BigRig, new song - $1.99
-Resistance: Fall of Man - Map Pack 2 (Bracknell & Axbridge) - $4.99
-Resistance: Fall of Man - Map Pack 1 AND 2 - $7.99

Guitar Hero III:
Song Packs:
Boss Battles Pack - free
-The Charlie Daniels Band - Devil Went Down to Georgia
-Slash - Original Composition by Slash
-Tom Morello - Original Composition by Tom Morello

Rock Band
Song Packs - $5.49 each:
-David Bowie Pack 1

Individual Songs - $1.99 each:
David Bowie:
-Moonage Daydream
-Heroes
-Queen Bitch

Trailers:
-Ratchet & Clank Future: TOD - "Behind The Scenes - Weapons"
-TimeShift - Video 2

Other:
-Aquatopia wallpaper
-Pain wallpapers (6 of them)
-Resistance: Fall of Man Wallpaper (5 of them)

United Kingdom:

Games:
-TimeShift demo
-Destruction Derby (PS1) - £3.49
-Kula World (PS1) - £3.49

DLC:
-MotorStorm - Crazy Samurai & Quick Foot liveries - £1.99
-Resistance: Fall of Man - Map Pack 2 (Bracknell & Axbridge) - £2.99

-Sonic The Hedgehog - £1.99 each
--Very Hard Sonic Mission
--Very Hard Shadow Mission
--Very Hard Silver Mission
--Boss Attack Shadow
--Boss Attack Silver
--Team Attack Amigo

Trailers:
-Assassins's Creed - "Altair was here"
-Blazing Angels 2 - "Racing trailer"
-PAIN
-Smackdown vs RAW 2008
-Uncharted - "Making the game"

-This is living commercials:
--Blu-ray
--Gaming
--Evolving Entertainment
--Faster Processing
--Making of

Japan

Games:
-New PS1 games

DLC:
-Folklore
-Mainichi Issho

Trailers:
-The Eye of Judgement
-Juiced 2
-Uncharted - "Massive Attack"

COMING BEFORE THE END OF 2007:

Demos:
-Burnout Paradise - December 13th
-Devil May Cry 4 - December
-Hot Shots Golf 5 - December

PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research (December)
-Riff: Everyday Shooter (December)
-Piyotama (December)
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (no date)
November
-PS Eye - Mesmerize: Distort
-PS Eye - Mesmerize: Trace
-PS Eye - Tori Emaki
-PS Eye - Trials of Topoq
-PixelJunk Monsters
-Snake Ball
-Toy Home
December
-Dark Mist
-Elefunk
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - JPN (2008 in NA/Europe)
-High Velocity Bowling
-Rocketman: Axis of Evil
-Skydiving
Others scheduled for 2007
-Commando 3
-Soldner X

GAMES YOU CAN FIND ONLY ON THE FOREIGN STORES:

JAPAN:
-No Hot Shots 5 demo any more
No Gran Turismo 5: Prologue demo any more
-Go! Sports Ski demo
-Heavenly Sword - "Kai" demo
-G1 Jockey 4 2007 demo
-Imabikisou demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-Japanese PS1 game list - 600 yen each

PREVIOUS WEEKS:
PSN Content 11/22/07 (Aquatopia and Operation: CF PS Eye games; MX vs. ATV demo; flOw, NFS: ProStreet and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/15/07 (Blazing Angels 2 and Toy Home demos)
PSN Content 11/08/07 (Uncharted and College Hoops 2K8 demos; GH3 and MotorStorm DLC; FIFA and Motorstorm in-game patches)
PSN Content 11/01/07 (TimeShift & NFS:pS demos; Godfather DLC; Twisted Metal 2 for PS1)
PSN Content 10/25/07 (Ninja Gaiden and Piyotama DLC, Spyro for PS1)
PSN Content 10/18/07 (Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Folklore and Juiced 2 demos)
PSN Content 10/11/07 (Everyday Shooter game; Ratchet & Clank Future, Conan, and NHL 2K8 demos)
PSN Content 10/04/07 (Go Sports Ski game; Simpsons & Bladestorm demos, Last set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/27/07 (Jericho and NBA 2K8 demos; NG: Sigma and MotorStorm DLC, 2nd set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/20/07 (LocoRoco PS3; NBA 08, Sega Rally Revo, Skate, Stuntman: Ignition demos, 1st set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/13/07 (PixelJunk Racer, Poker; Tony Hawk, NHL, FIFA, PixelJunk Racer and Harry Potter demos)
PSN Content 09/06/07 (Stranglehold & NBA Live demos, Motorstorm & NG Sigma DLC, HS preview - part 5 of 5)
PSN Content 08/30/07 (Warhawk, SPF2THD Remix, Tekken 5 online, APF, Tiger 08, NASCAR demos, HS preview - part 4 of 5)

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
11/19/07 - 2.01 (Stability and bug fixes for issues with 2.00)
11/07/07 - 2.00 (New options for sorting Trailers and Games, Playlist support for Photos and Music, trailers from the store can be watched while they are still downloading, Store and browser are both much quicker, Browser has new flash version, Info board)
10/23/07 - 1.94 (Included on R&C disk - enables Dual Shock 3 support)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

OTHER REFERENCES:
-NeoGAF Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread (Lots of cool stuff, Send your thanks to m0dus and the other contributors)
-The link to access the PS Store for the PSP.
-Help on creating a Japan Store account. Alternative guide here.
-A link to NCSX Importers to purchase a 3,000 yen PSN Card. - $36.50

THIS WEEK ON PSP:

Waiting for the next update / list. The last update was on November 22nd.

Crisis

Banned
Thank you tanod.

Also YES to Pain impressions.

EktorPR said:
Should I open a Japanese account just for the GT 5: Prologue demo? Can I access it thru my US-linked XMB?

Yes on both counts.

M3wThr33

Banned
Opening up multi-country accounts is accepted and encouraged here.

Speaking of which, I tried to register on yourpsp.com today but had a hell of a time. Anyone have a spare EuroPSP serial number they don't mind that I use to sign up? I just want any free stuff that might go up.

Pallaris

Why not just get it from the US store?

My experience is that it's a major pain in the arse registering a UK/EU credit card to fake US address. Only way round is to sign up to that world-pay virtual credit card dealio, but that involves paypal style fees so bollox to that. Unless there is another way? Prepaid cards would solve this problem.

Kyoufu

EktorPR said:
Should I open a Japanese account just for the GT 5: Prologue demo? Can I access it thru my US-linked XMB?

If you're not going to buy prologue which comes out in Japan in just 2 weeks, then yes I suggest you download the demo. All you need to do is create a new user profile in your XMB, log in to it and sign up for the JP PSN.

Pallaris said:
My experience is that it's a major pain in the arse registering a UK/EU credit card to fake US address. Only way round is to sign up to that world-pay virtual credit card dealio, but that involves paypal style fees so bollox to that. Unless there is another way? Prepaid cards would solve this problem.

No problems whatsoever with my VISA.

M3wThr33

Banned
Pallaris said:
Do they take American Express? My local Staples sells $50 on an American Express card for $54.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
chubigans said:
Haha, indeed you did.

Hey, how bout some quick PAIN impressions TTP?

Well, hard to tell. I didn't really put too much time into it + my code is a preview one so I might criticize something that wont be in the final code (like the lack of music in-game, just sound FX. Give the experience a "boring" feeling IMO).

Anyway, as I said, I didnt get too much past the tutorial and haven't unlocked shit. I dont actually know how to unlock stuff as I did everything I could (three modes, Mime, Moneky and Pandemonium) but I think all I unlocked was a new skin for the main guy. Other stuff have to be "purchased" but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do that. I see the city environment is listed as a "Theme" and it looks like more are to be unlocked (or purchased?).

The videos I took of the game (check gamersyde) pretty much tell you everything I know about PAIN and you can get a feeling of it. Spank the Moneky seems to be the funnies mode. Pandemonium (or whatever it's called) lets you destroy stuff for seemengly no purpose. Mime mode I hate that. I have yet to grasp the mime-tossing technique and this means lots of failures and retires.

I haven't checked the online aspect of the game. Game checks for updates when launched btw. There is no multiplayer online. Only offline tho. Online is just for leaderboards and stuff.

Technically is rather impressive. Very smooth. Very clean. Very colorful. Physics is obviously everywhere but I whished gravity was more strongly simulated. As with many physics engines out there, I can't but feel like I'm playing on the moon.

One thing I should menton is the importance of the "aftertouch". You can see me doing that in the gamersyde vids. It basically allows you to push your character around after the first impact and it is mandatory to do so if you want to hit multiple targets in a row (higher score / extra time). Also, when you are out of "pushes" (you can do just 4), if your character is still moving you can shake the controller to get 4 extra push chances. In the Spank the Monkey mode, I have noticed even the lowest medal requires to spank more monekeys than I ever managed to hit during the given time. Guess the aftertouch thing comes into play a lot here.

Overall, I'm still on the fence. Looking forward to play the final game as much as you do.

EDIT: Here is a link to my vids: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5580_en.html - I suggest u watch the "Moneky" one.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I had no idea the Japanese store had a demo of the Ski game.
They also got a bunch of PSX games yesterday. (among them, Wild Arms 2)

Pain Review:

Overall: 7.0
This is a decent enough game, and for the first 10-20 minutes you may find yourself grimacing at the rag-doll antics of your far-flung friend. Then it gets redundant. The challenge is still there but that is about all the game has going for it once the ‘impact’ of the graphics wears off. The score, in this case, is for the physics engine and graphical quality of this downloadable arcade-style title. It does not have much depth and requires a certain warped sense of humor to enjoy.

http://ps3.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r32542.htm

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
M3wThr33 said:
Do they take American Express? My local Staples sells $50 on an American Express card for $54.

If this works I would be very interested as my Mastercard won't work for US PSN store.
Would like to pick the Thanksgiving games for €4.99.

andycapps

EktorPR said:
Guys, I'm stuck in the address window...it doesn't want to recognize the zipcode!

Check this site. That should help on the zip codes part. Good luck.

Thanks for the official thread, keeping my fingers crossed for a Haze demo today.

Goldrusher

Europe...

demos
TimeShift

game content
MotorStorm
-- Crazy Samurai & Quick Foot liveries (£1.99 / €2,99)
Resistance Fall of Man
-- Bracknell & Axbridge maps (£2.99 / €4,49)
Sonic The Hedgehog (£1.99 / €2,99 each)
-- Very Hard Sonic Mission
-- Very Hard Shadow Mission
-- Very Hard Silver Mission
-- Boss Attack Shadow
-- Boss Attack Silver
-- Team Attack Amigo

videos
PAIN (trailer)
Smackdown vs RAW 2008 (trailer)
Assassins's Creed: "Altair was here" / trailer
Uncharted: "Making the game"
Blazing Angels 2: "Racing trailer"

This is living commercial
-- Blu-ray
-- Gaming
-- Evolving Entertainment
-- Faster Processing
-- Making of

PSone games
Destruction Derby (£3.49)
Kula World (£3.49)

movie trailers
Bee Movie

EktorPR

Ok guys, it's definitely a no-no for me with the zipcode window. It marks the dropdown menu as if there's something wrong in there, and I've tried every single option (well, the first three ones, anyway). Bah, this sucks. : (

Top Bottom