• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 11/29/07: Collector's Edition

Dante

msdstc said:
ok everyday shooter at 4.99 is running out of time. Do I buy it or not gaf?

It's the best of all the twink stick shooters out there, although I still don't know why you cant play it on PSP being that it has support of the face buttons as directionals.

EDIT LOL I said twink sticks :)

tanod

when is my burrito
Strider2K99 said:
You have to admit, Map Pack 1 at $8 is too much, at least to me. This pack 1 and 2 bundle is more worth it to me.

Totally agree. I'm definitely a Resistance superfan so I didn't have any hesitation with the first one. I should have. The implementation was disappointing. I'm still not sure if I'm picking up Map Pack 2 yet though I do think $5 is a pretty good price.

I have too much else to play now and I've giving COD4 a shot for the MP.

I wonder if you can even buy Map Pack 1 by itself any more after today.

andycapps

maynerd said:
Is calling all cars worth 4.99?

More than worth it, IMO. It is a great game to play with friends, you will have a lot of yelling going on and things can get pretty crazy with the criminal changing hands so much. That being said, it doesn't have the most maps in the world, and it is fairly bare bones. Don't go into it expecting to get a 5-7 hour single player experience, the single player experience is more of a warm up for multiplayer. If you don't have Super Stardust HD, you must do yourself a favor and pick that up.

Goldrusher

This should be all of it...

games

• PAIN ($9.99)
(www.painps3.com)

Final day (!) at a reduced price:

• Calling All Cars ($4.99)
• Everyday Shooter ($4.99)
• flOw ($4.99)
• PixelJunk Racers ($4.99)

game demos

• TimeShift (multiplayer)

game updates

• Guitar Hero III
- Boss Battles Track Pack ($ ?)
The Charlie Daniels Band - Devil Went Down to Georgia
Slash - Original Composition by Slash
Tom Morello - Original Composition by Tom Morello

• MotorStorm
- update ($ 1.99)
2 vehicles: Mohawk Roadhog Bike & The Lunar-Tec Buffalo BigRig
2 skins: Crazy Samurai & Quick Foot
new song

• Resistance: Fall of Man
- Map Pack 2 (Bracknell & Axbridge) ($ 4.99)
- Map Pack 1 + 2 ($ 7.99)

• Rock Band
- David Bowie Track Pack ($ ?) (each song sold seperately too)
Moonage Daydream
Heroes
Queen Bitch

• The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Shivering Isles ($ ?)

game videos

• Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (Behind The Scenes - Weapons)
• TimeShift (FPS video 2)

movie trailers

• Memoirs of a Geisha (Blu-ray)
• Resident Evil: Extinction (Blu-ray)
• Stop Loss

brandonh83 said:
Oooohhh Dark Knight teaser trailer :D

Been up since November 15...

Speevy

Banned
I'll be home tonight after midnight EST.

If anyone wants to share PAIN with me, PM me.

I have Everyday Shooter, Locoroco, Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf 2, and Aquatopia.

kuYuri

It's nice to see GHIII got the Boss Battle pack. Does anyone know if the PS3 version was ever patched to include Co-op Quickplay, like the 360 version?

ChryZ

I bought the second R:FoM map pack. I do like to go hunting on my own (FFA) and got quite a few matches on the first map pack and I'd like to support Insomniac for the great service (free servers, patches, etc) ... so yeah, it's okay.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Took "some" pics of the Resistance Map Pack 2. Check all of them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8793824@N04/sets/72157603328669060/

examples

2074501312_1757197794_o.jpg

2073710953_296f8430ca_o.jpg

2074500678_05e537d2a5_o.jpg

lolz
2074501588_b10fc2356a_o.jpg

Firewire

Banned
TTP

Have you heard anything on Söldner-X? In the thread about it, they say its supposed to be released fall '07. Just wondering if you've heard anything.

Forsete

Gold Member
Will buy PAIN first thing tomorrow. If I can spend hours on stupid physics simulators, I bet I can spend hours with this game. :D

acevans2

I'm kinda mad they're nickel and diming everyone on Motorstorm, when the game was touted as lacking content for a full-priced game when it came out

Forsete

Gold Member
acevans2 said:
I'm kinda mad they're nickel and diming everyone on Motorstorm, when the game was touted as lacking content for a full-priced game when it came out

Same here, feels very cheepish. I got the first map-pack for MS, but this crap I do not support. Bleh.

Get in gear with Motorstorm 2 please.

chakoo

Banned
:(

* No new Ps1 games for USA/Canada (**** SCEA, Get your ass in gear)
* No new PSP content this week (from what I see).

I'm depressed now.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Jer said:
wow, TTP, you are fast.

maps aren't even out yet in the US.

Well, that's why I posted those screens here ;)

Firewire said:
TTP

Have you heard anything on Söldner-X? In the thread about it, they say its supposed to be released fall '07. Just wondering if you've heard anything.

Nope :(

Cruzader

Banned
Ok this is going to sound retarted but IF i make a Japanese account via online, could i give it to someone around here so that he/she can log into it via their ps3 to DL the GT5 Demo(From J-Store) for me under my account?[already made US ID] Or can demos be shared? I ask this because i might get a PS3 this Xmas and supposedly its not going to be on the Store after today, any more but i really want to try it when i get it. Any advice?

Tailzo

I'm not sure where to ask this but here goes:

If I want to buy a ps1 game,

- I can buy it from the euro store and it'll be 50hz
- Or I can buy it in 60hz from the US store (like I did with puzzle fighter HD), but since it's a ps1 game, it will be region locked, thus not playable on my PAL ps3?

tanod

when is my burrito
Tailzo said:
I'm not sure where to ask this but here goes:

If I want to buy a ps1 game,

- I can buy it from the euro store and it'll be 50hz
- Or I can buy it in 60hz from the US store (like I did with puzzle fighter HD), but since it's a ps1 game, it will be region locked, thus not playable on my PAL ps3?

PS1 games from the store are not region locked.

Tailzo

tanod said:
PS1 games from the store are not region locked.
Tanod: Really? That's awesome! I've been thinking that I should buy ps1 games from the US store, since I never experienced any of them in 60hz, I guess. Any idea when to expect new (old PS1) games?
Speevy said:
They are if you're playing on a standard definition TV.

I am happy to say my TV is HD.

Also, the improvements I can use with my retail PS1 games (smoothing) also works with PS store games, right? (+ faster loading, I guess.)

Ceb said:
The PSOne games up on the PS store are region-free.
Nice, great to get more than one confirmation. Thanks a lot, everyone.

Ceb

Tailzo said:

The PSOne games up on the PS store are region-free.

andycapps

fistfulofmetal said:
Last day to get Everyday Shoot at 4.99?

Hm, guess I'll jump on that.

Yeah I am seriously considering that as well. Keep putting it off as I have enough to play right now, but the sale price is tempting me to pick it up.

MadFuzzy

PirateSean said:
That Euro list looks pretty full. So I guess still no Guitar Hero DLC for us?

Seems not, which is rubbish since the game has been reporting "New downloads available!" (on the UK version) since the game came out here last week when there's actually nothing available on any of the EU stores.

I guess the game's EU English message of the day is pulled from the US server rather than an EU specific one which is why it's wrong. That's a bit sloppy on the part of Neversoft really.

Maybe we'll get the US DLC next week... How long after launch did the Foo Fighters and Velvet Revolver packs come out in the US?

tanod

when is my burrito
Speevy said:
They are if you're playing on a standard definition TV.

PS1 games are different.

They are combatible with PSP which means they are exactly the same across territories and completely region free. There should not be any resolution problems.

Did Sony film their Making of... TV ad on a mobile phone or something? Jesus, I don't think I've seen such a poor quality video in my life. What happened to HD (or SD come to think of it)?

I hope there is a PAIN demo to cheer us Euros up for again not getting a glimpse at a PSN game. Poor show again SCEE!!

I decided to get Everyday Shooter based on the sale price and it's well worth it. I wish I could customize the controls a bit more (make the buttons shoot directions instead of using the stick) but other than that it's fun. I have the same complaint about Galaxy Wars, basically because my brain tries to move the ship with both sticks instead of shooting with one and moving with the other.

bryehn

bune duggy said:
I decided to get Everyday Shooter based on the sale price and it's well worth it. I wish I could customize the controls a bit more (make the buttons shoot directions instead of using the stick) but other than that it's fun. I have the same complaint about Galaxy Wars, basically because my brain tries to move the ship with both sticks instead of shooting with one and moving with the other.

the face buttons DO shoot.

Steroyd

tanod said:
PS1 games are different.

They are combatible with PSP which means they are exactly the same across territories and completely region free. There should not be any resolution problems.

Except if you've got a Euro PS3 using the cables out of the box, the picture will be black and white.

BUY EVERYDAY SHOOTER.

I did last week and it's worth every penny. I sometimes just keep it on because the music is so nice :)

Resistance map pack + PAIN today!

tanod

when is my burrito
jvm said:
tanod, any chance you'll be able to put together a summary of what's new on the JP store?

If reminder doesn't grab it before I do, I'll get it up tonight. Some new PS1 games went up though.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
tanod said:
If reminder doesn't grab it before I do, I'll get it up tonight. Some new PS1 games went up though.
You should add that there's a demo for the Go! Ski game in the JPN store as well, that went up on the 22nd.

Pimpwerx

Real serious question: Is Pixeljunk worth 5 bucks? The demo was pretty meh, but what about $5. Hopefully Rub-A-Dub goes to $3 or so again. I'd like to eventually own that and SSHD instead of just game share. PEACE.

tanod

when is my burrito
Pimpwerx said:
Real serious question: Is Pixeljunk worth 5 bucks? The demo was pretty meh, but what about $5. Hopefully Rub-A-Dub goes to $3 or so again. I'd like to eventually own that and SSHD instead of just game share. PEACE.

I played the demo too. Also felt kind of meh about it. Not worth it to me.

Top Bottom