• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 11/29/07: Collector's Edition

Firewire

Banned
The Chef said:
I was just talking a look at that PS3 Eye "Interactive Art" thing Aquatopia I think its called. I know it was on there last week but the description of it sounds pretty cool.

Anyone get this? How is it?

A friend has it, it pretty cool as an interactive screen saver. It's like a fish tank you can see your shadow fall on it & your motion interacts with it. You can splash the water & the fish will interact scurrying away. Very cool! I'd get it but I don't have the "Eye" yet.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
bune duggy said:
awesome. I never tried because the little on-screen things said to use the stick. Thanks!
Read the credits.

The game's maker uses the face buttons and d-pad to move and shoot.

read? for instructions? you're crazy!
7xmz0nb.gif

so is Shivering Isles worth the $30 if you love Oblivion?

goddamnit I'm so tempted... but I don't want to see it at $19.99 in two weeks. :(

also, we need some PAIN impressions~

GeoramA

Downloading Pain right now, it's at 45%...I'm excited!

And about Shivering Isles, is it worth $30 if you've already 100 percented Oblivion? How many more hours does it add?

Pain is downloading now. Finally got to use the new "buy now" option and, wow, huge improvement. I like.

Edit: Fast download. Up to 90% in about ten minutes.

Dante

R-User! said:

You really didn't need to post that on this page also. Fact is they've been up there for some time it's your fault you waited too long. Also how could you have just gotten the money? You put it on your card, wouldn't the bill come at the same time if you had ordered last week?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Strider2K99 said:

Tanod, to clarify, the Boss Battle pack is free for GHIII and there's no Timeshift MP demo.
No MP demo?
Sucks. My friend likes it for some reason and wanted to play me in it.

keyrat

So now that I'm here in this thread, does anyone know what that PS2 System file does in the PSN? I have a launch 60gb ps3 so it already plays the games fine. What is this file for?

kuYuri

keyrat said:
So now that I'm here in this thread, does anyone know what that PS2 System file does in the PSN? I have a launch 60gb ps3 so it already plays the games fine. What is this file for?

It's needed for games that use the HDD from the PS2, which mostly includes FFXI. Unless you play this game, you don't need it.

ascii42

TheJollyCorner said:
so is Shivering Isles worth the $30 if you love Oblivion?

goddamnit I'm so tempted... but I don't want to see it at $19.99 in two weeks. :(

also, we need some PAIN impressions~
There is a disc version I've seen in stores, also for $30, I'd wager some used copies will turn up of it.

Agent X

acevans2 said:
I'm kinda mad they're nickel and diming everyone on Motorstorm, when the game was touted as lacking content for a full-priced game when it came out

Yeah, I feel the same way.

I love MotorStorm, and had considered getting the first download pack when it came out (though I never actually got around to it). Then they came out with a second one a few weeks ago. Now they have a third one, and the naming convention kind of implies there are still more to come. What gives?

I'm rapidly losing enthusiasm about the whole "downloadable content" business now. I don't mind the concept of releasing a download pack a few months after release, in order to boost interest in the game (and possibly attract new buyers to the game). But why are we seeing games with three, four, or more purchasable add-on packs? I feel like these already pricey $60 games are turning into $70-$80 games.

Instead of releasing several small download packs, developers need to beef up and consolidate the content to make it a better value. They should release something substantial, even if it means the price has to be slightly higher. As it is now, most of these packs are too much money for not enough content.

I don't know whether to download any mini-packs because I always figure a different, possibly better mini-pack might come along in a week or two...or maybe it'll be out four months from now. I'd love it if developers just said, "This is our one and only content pack" and bring a sense of closure on the whole project.

The Chef

justjohn said:
its seriously crap. dont waste your money. infact with the exception of EOJ all the eye games have crap. i'm not really that bothered about buying them since they're very cheap, but you've been warned

Oh damn! Dude thanks for the input. I was seriously considering getting an Eye for it.

Firewire said:
A friend has it, it pretty cool as an interactive screen saver. It's like a fish tank you can see your shadow fall on it & your motion interacts with it. You can splash the water & the fish will interact scurrying away. Very cool! I'd get it but I don't have the "Eye" yet.

It sounds really cool. I guess I can always check it out for $2 if i ever get an Eye

Sykra

Pain owns, its really funny, cant tell if it will be fun for long, too soon still. It has a trophy room too, i wonder if it will be implemented in home 1 day.

Mister D

Damn, I am really tempted to get the Oblivion DLC. I just completed the main quest after about 110 hours and I still have the Fighter's Guild, Mage's Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Knights of the Nine stuff to still play through. Plus I still need to get Mass Effect and Uncharted.

Firewire

Banned
The Chef said:
It sounds really cool. I guess I can always check it out for $2 if i ever get an Eye

Yeah if you happen to get an "Eye" you can pretty well pick it up with left over change in your account.

Maggot9

Banned
Holy crap, what a good update. I'll try my best to hold out on buying stuff from the store until I 100% complete Ratchet and Uncharted.

Reallly want Shivering Isles, though. Oblivion is my GOTY.

Nightz

Pain is surprisingly addictive. At first I thought that I had wasted my money, but the game has grown on me. I've only done a few single player games, and I'll be trying out the multiplayer with my brother later. I'll post more impressions tonight.

Sykra

Pain singleplayer is getting boring but playing headtohead horse game now and its just so much better.
EDIT: I have at first thought i wasted 10$ as well but it grows on you as soon as u realize how to do cool stuff :D

anddo0

Firewire said:
Friend just called and told me to download Pain, he said it was awesome! I'm confused now!

Its worth it dude.. I just finished the tutorial and theres a whole bunch to learn.

I couldn't stop laughing.. I did a superman into a building and fell eight stories landing on my family jewels:lol

PAIN! is good fun, and it can get additive trying to top your scores.. It also has a bunch (pages worth) of trophies to unlock.

The replay system is sweet as well; too bad you can save them, at least I don't see an option to.

Belfast

Pain is pretty obnoxious so far and what's even more disconcerting is how obvious it's set up for microrapements. Given that, this might've been worth a reduced initial price, but at $10, it's wanting for content.

tanod

when is my burrito
Tr4nce said:
I was never really interested in Pain, but just now I searched a YouTube video, and I have to say: it looks so fun!

Is there any other way to transfer funds into your PSN account, other than creditcard? This game looks amazing, and I must have it. NOW.

Debit card or pre-paid visa gift card will do it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
PAIN bowling is the most fun I've had with two players in any PSN game so far. Havent tried single yet, but it's awesome multi.

Firewire

Banned
anddo0 said:
Its worth it dude.. I just finished the tutorial and theres a whole bunch to learn.

I couldn't stop laughing.. I did a superman into a building and fell eight stories landing on my family jewels:lol

PAIN! is good fun, and it can get additive trying to top your scores.. It also has a bunch (pages worth) of trophies to unlock.

The replay system is sweet as well; too bad you can save them, at least I don't see an option to.

I'll do it, should be good for some drunken laughs!

Sykra

chubigans said:
PAIN bowling is the most fun I've had with two players in any PSN game so far. Havent tried single yet, but it's awesome multi.

Yea, just played it, hit the 2nd player with cookies, it was hilarious :D:D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yeah, I was going for a win before my friend ignited the crane...it fell right on top of me and I couldnt move at all. :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
Firewire said:
Forget that! Maybe at $19.99 or something, but I'm not paying $30 for the DLC.

Oblivion's current price is $30 on PS3 and 360. Expansion is $30 on PS3 and 360.

GOTY edition is $60.

If you want it, $30 is what you're going to have to pay. It is rather sizeable.

Firewire

Banned
tanod said:
Oblivion's current price is $30 on PS3 and 360. Expansion is $30 on PS3 and 360.

GOTY edition is $60.

If you want it, $30 is what you're going to have to pay. It is rather sizeable.

I've kinda lost interest in Oblivion, its just to many hours! Then to pay $30 for an expansion I'll probably never finish, is just a waste. I was actually thinking of trading in Oblivion.

tanod

when is my burrito
Three questions on PAIN:

Is there any skill (depth) to it?
Does the online MP have voice chat?
Is the MP simultaneous or do you take turns?

Top Bottom