• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 11/29/07: Collector's Edition

Adama

bryehn said:
80xpgud.jpg

HOT ORAL SEX? hmmmm....

Maggot9

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Everyday Shooter is brutal hard.

I didn't think I would be this rusty after not playing SSHD for a few months, but fuck. I get to the 5th level and fail 80% through every time.
you fail 80% of the time, everytime

Belfast

bryehn said:
80xpgud.jpg

I was really hoping to get some kind of combo for doing that, it was the first thing I tried after learning to grab...

There's definitely room for improvement with PAIN, but it's pretty fun. I've already put a few hours on it. Really addictive, but it seems like a demo. Needs more levels and custom soundtracks.

I'd pay $30-40 for a really fleshed-out, polished version.

nerds_l.jpg

Dante

OMG put me in the camp the enjoys PAIN.

I wanted to just try it for like 15 min, ended up almost playing for an hour. Reminds me a ton of the crash mode in Burnout.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
bryehn said:

ahah that's funny :D

Anyway, I have a bad feeling about Pain. It seems like it's gonna be a microtransactions device akin to Motorstorm. I hate this shit.

M3wThr33

Banned
Pain, destined for $4.99!

Anyways, downloading GH3 Boss pack and the tons of wallpapers. The whore in me is tempted to get both SD and HD versions, but I just get the HD ones, even though I have an SD tv.

You know what'd be nice? Specifying a folder or just marking images for use as random wallpapers.
(I know themes can do it)

UK Timeshift Demo has multiple languages?

jonabbey

Core407 said:
Better than SSHD, you say? It can't be that good.

I think PAIN will make a better impression on non-PS3 owners just getting a chance to fool around with the system, yeah. It's not nearly the adrenalin rush that SSHD is, of course.

It's really disappointing that there's only one level in PAIN. They really need to release at least 1 or 2 more for free for this to be worth the $10 I spent on it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ok, I'm gonna kill someone if you dont tell me how I am supposed to get the Gold medal in PAIN > Toss Mime on Hard. Seriously. How the fuck can you do that in under 90 seconds?

Ah, btw, PAIN does support rumble.

Afrikan

damn....it was 3:00 am.... I downloaded Pain...thought 15 min of gaming then night night........ well just stopped playing at 6:20 am......

very fun game....my nephew will love this.....

I want to get this but $10 seems too steep. Might wait till the eventual 4.99 price point or for some sort of demo. I seem to buy PSN games about a week or 2 before a price drop and I don't want to feel sheepish again : (

Wollan

Kinda ot but on the Eu PC PS Store Kula World and Destruction Derby showed up immediately following the update yesterday but G-Police (2 disc PSOne game) hasn't showed up yet since last week. What gives?

Jim

TTP said:
Ok, I'm gonna kill someone if you dont tell me how I am supposed to get the Gold medal in PAIN > Toss Mime on Hard. Seriously. How the fuck can you do that in under 90 seconds?

Ah, btw, PAIN does support rumble.

Pfftt.. not that hard. Practice getting the hardest ones first (left and rightmost for me).
Select is your friend :) I reset... a lot. Like GripShift.

It played it for wayyy too long last night. Wait until the hardest level.. ugh. I wonder if my name ever finally showed up on the leaderboards. I should have been #3.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I would've bought Pain last night but for whatever reason, I'm unable to update my billing info on my PSN account after getting a new credit card.

I keep getting "Unexpected error, please try again later" when it confirms billing address etc.

Anyone seen this?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jim said:
Pfftt.. not that hard. Practice getting the hardest ones first (left and rightmost for me).
Select is your friend :) I reset... a lot. Like GripShift.

It played it for wayyy too long last night. Wait until the hardest level.. ugh. I wonder if my name ever finally showed up on the leaderboards. I should have been #3.

I reset a lot too. It just is so random.

Anyway, how do I unlock the aftermath in Paindemonium? I've unlocked it in the preview code but I dont even know how.

jonabbey

TTP said:
I reset a lot too. It just is so random.

Anyway, how do I unlock the aftermath in Paindemonium? I've unlocked it in the preview code but I dont even know how.

I got 1.5 million on one toss and it unlocked aftermath. I think it's just a points thing.

Same story for me...started playing around 8 last night, thought I would just play around for a few minutes and ended up not stopping until midnight. I think this is a pretty great concept. Although it isn't as polished as people would have liked, there is a lot there that outweighs the flaws. For 10 bucks, I easily feel like I got more than 1/6 of a retail game.

Also, I want some GAF friends...PSN: moto8style

Belfast

brandonh83 said:
OH GOD

*reconsiders*

It's not nearly as fun as Crash Mode. Crash Mode is all about the amount of carnage you can cause, Pain is solely focused on the amount of hurt you put on your own character. I got three cars to crash into each other at once and not a point added to my total because my ragdoll wasn't in the mix. It's kind of a sham.

Belfast said:
It's not nearly as fun as Crash Mode. Crash Mode is all about the amount of carnage you can cause, Pain is solely focused on the amount of hurt you put on your own character. I got three cars to crash into each other at once and not a point added to my total because my ragdoll wasn't in the mix. It's kind of a sham.

I'm pretty sure thats wrong. I was getting points for cars crashing and de-railing the train when I wasn't even close to them or moving...

anybody know if you can race with the new tracks and vehicles online in motorstorm?

i think you can with the vehicles but im not sure about the tracks

Dante

moto8style said:
I'm pretty sure thats wrong. I was getting points for cars crashing and de-railing the train when I wasn't even close to them or moving...

Yeah my score kept going up even though the character was not being affected. I got the donut to roll down the street and cause some carnage.

GrayFoxPL

djtortilla said:
anybody know if you can race with the new tracks and vehicles online in motorstorm?

i think you can with the vehicles but im not sure about the tracks

You can, but better set up the game yourself. When I bought Devils Crossing there was no one playing on the track. When I set up the race myself, people slowly joined and I had some good fun for few hours. People are lazy bums.

PuMa

Revolutionary said:
Supposedly PAIN's been taken down from the Store (can't check at the moment) because of the unselectable Santa & Cookie as well as the lack of online leaderboards.

Well... at least we know they're working on it. Hopefully the fix comes sooner than later... because I'd like to play as Cookie. :lol

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/838/838774p1.html

Very interesting and good to hear. Now lets just hope they get to releasing more areas...and for free download.

Booch

rc213 said:
Why the 200mb+ size difference between the US(479mb) and UK (707mb) Demo of Timeshift?
Having actually done this sort of work on a different game, I can tell you the size difference is usually related to localization in Europe, where there's a lot more languages you have to worry about. Specifically, the speech audio can often add up to a few hundred MB. When you prune out everything except just english, or just english, spanish and french, you can save quite a bit of space.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
WTF is up with games nowadays that have very little levels.

Why the hell would you release a game with 1 level?...lol

Sidenizzo- Yeah I brought pain and it is fun.

I wonder if the US Oblivion expansion Shivering Isle will work with the UK retail edition of Oblivion?

I know with my Japanese edition of Motorstorm, only Japanese PSN content would work with it.

I wonder if it is the same with Oblivion? I don't really want to spend $29 to find out.

M3wThr33

Banned
Nick Laslett said:
I wonder if the US Oblivion expansion Shivering Isle will work with the UK retail edition of Oblivion?

I know with my Japanese edition of Motorstorm, only Japanese PSN content would work with it.

I wonder if it is the same with Oblivion? I don't really want to spend $29 to find out.

Just like the PSP, the data is region-locked.

Heck, it really helps to imagine all games saving their data to their SKU folder and ONLY looking in such folder.

So no matter what data SCUS125153 has in it, YOUR copy of Oblivion is only ever going to check SCUK305982305. (And no, the data is hashed to prevent moving, or else there would be universal versions of the Wipeout Pure DLC for all regions)

Jim

Revolutionary said:
Supposedly PAIN's been taken down from the Store (can't check at the moment) because of the unselectable Santa & Cookie as well as the lack of online leaderboards.

Well... at least we know they're working on it. Hopefully the fix comes sooner than later... because I'd like to play as Cookie. :lol

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/838/838774p1.html

I spoke with SCEA just a moment ago, and they reiterated that it should hopefully be fixed today. And online multiplayer IS coming, but as a future update.

Not sure how this was not thoroughly tested first, but they've been pretty swamped with questions/issues regarding it since the game went live yesterday, sooo...

They really, REALLY need to get some better online tools out there to devs. Microsoft's tools are practically a generation ahead of them at this point (it's what they do best, really).

DrXym

Booch said:
Having actually done this sort of work on a different game, I can tell you the size difference is usually related to localization in Europe, where there's a lot more languages you have to worry about. Specifically, the speech audio can often add up to a few hundred MB. When you prune out everything except just english, or just english, spanish and french, you can save quite a bit of space.

This in itself is a major justification for blu-ray.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jim said:
I spoke with SCEA just a moment ago, and they reiterated that it should hopefully be fixed today. And online multiplayer IS coming, but as a future update.

Not sure how this was not thoroughly tested first, but they've been pretty swamped with questions/issues regarding it since the game went live yesterday, sooo...

They really, REALLY need to get some better online tools out there to devs. Microsoft's tools are practically a generation ahead of them at this point (it's what they do best, really).

So we have to re-download it or are they releasing a patch as well?

SOLDIER

Sorry if this came up, but I did a trade deal for Pain. Only the Challenge option is available, while Single Player, Multi Player etc is all locked. Is this how it's supposed to be for the game, or was I traded a demo instead?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SOLDIER said:
Sorry if this came up, but I did a trade deal for Pain. Only the Challenge option is available, while Single Player, Multi Player etc is all locked. Is this how it's supposed to be for the game, or was I traded a demo instead?

U have to do the tutorial first, yes. There is no Challenge option. You prob mean Crash Course (which is the Tutorial)

tanod

when is my burrito
M3wThr33 said:
What if it's the same disc for all versions of the game? Like Resistance?

Then it doesn't matter.

Pain kind of sounds fun from what everybody is saying but I'm gonna wait until they finish it. :\

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
M3wThr33 said:
Also, I didn't see this mentioned anywhere:
High Stakes Poker was patched to work over Remote Play

Really?

So you can play online from your PSP? If so...that is absolutely awesome.

Slaylock

Pay for the PAIN

Travis Williams, a senior producer with Sony Computer Entertainment America, has posted an entry on the game's official website stating that the problem stems from Santa and Cookie being "purchasable characters."

Here comes the hole."When we posted Pain, Santa and Cookie were not uploaded to the PlayStation Store," Williams wrote. "Once the store has Cookie and Santa, they will appear as purchasable characters. Sorry about this confusion everyone."

Pain's latest characters will be available sometime today for 99 cents each.

Top Bottom