• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 10/11/07 (Everyday Shooter game, R&C, Conan, NHL 2K8 demos)

tanod

when is my burrito
store1011.jpg

Japanese content is up now.
Europe content is up now.
North America content is up now.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
-Thanks to "chubigans" for creating the banner again this week.
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is tentatively scheduled for Oct. 20th on the JPN store. That's soon! :D
-Here is the link to access the PS Store from your PC (only available for Japan Store). You may have to clear your cookies to access it.
-The TGS videos on the Japan Store are accessed by clicking on the fourth tab and selecting the 2nd option (looks like a white folder). Under that category, you should see the three folders of trailers each with their own date. All in all, there's about 30 unique trailers.

THIS WEEK:

United States

Games:
-Conan demo
-NHL 2K8 demo
-Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction demo (a newer optimized build over the EB demo)
-Everyday Shooter - $9.99

Trailers:
-Fallout 3
-Folklore - "Launch"
-Uncharted - "Behind The Scenes II"

Other:
-Everyday Shooter wallpaper
-Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD wallpapers (2 of them)

United Kingdom:

Games:
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma DLC - Weapon Master - 300 euros
-The Simpsons demo
-Tiger Woods 08 demo

Trailers:
-Fallout 3
-Lair
-Pixel Junk Racers

Other:
-Folklore wallpaper
-Lair wallpapers
-Pixel Junk Racers wallpaper

Japan

Games:
-Need to update full list when I get home to check.
-New PS1 games - FULL LIST - 600 yen each (now new PS1 games will be uploaded twice monthly)

Trailers:

COMING SOON:

Demos confirmed:
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - October 26th (JPN)
-HOME - open beta on track for the end of this year
-Lair
-Little Big Planet - beta by the end of this year
-RAW vs. Smackdown - October 18th
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - before release
-Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research
-Everyday Shooter (aka Riffed)
-Pixel Junk Racers
-Piyotama
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
-Tekken 5: DR Online
October
-Aqua Vita
-High Velocity Bowling
-PS Eye - Eye Create (video/picture editing software)
-PS Eye - Operation Creature Feature
-PS Eye - Trials of Topaq
-Snake Ball
-Toy Home
November
-Mesmerize
-Tori Imaki
-WipeOut HD
December
-Dark Mist
-Elefunk
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - JPN (also on Blu-Ray)
-PAIN
-Skydiving
Others scheduled for 2007
-SOCOM: Confrontation (also on Blu-Ray)
-Soldner X
-Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

GAMES YOU CAN FIND ONLY ON THE FOREIGN STORES:

UNITED KINGDOM:
-Folklore demo (Japanese gameplay demo except in English)

JAPAN:
-No Hot Shots 5 demo any more
-Imabikisou demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-Japanese PS1 game list - 600 yen each

For help on creating a Japan Store account, CLICK HERE

Here is the link to purchase a 3,000 yen PSN Card from NCSX Importers.
- $36.50

PENDING TITLE UPDATES/DLC:

Gripshift:
-Level creator is in the works (no time frame for release)

MotorStorm:
For $$$:
-Eagle's Nest (new track demoed at E3)

Ninja Gaiden: Sigma:
For $2.99:
-Rachel Master - Survival Mode - Rachel-only (October)

PREVIOUS WEEKS:
PSN Content 10/04/07 (Go Sports Ski game; Simpsons & Bladestorm demos, Last set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/27/07 (Jericho and NBA 2K8 demos; NG: Sigma and MotorStorm DLC, 2nd set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/20/07 (LocoRoco PS3; NBA 08, Sega Rally Revo, Skate, Stuntman: Ignition demos, 1st set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/13/07 (PixelJunk Racer, Poker; Tony Hawk, NHL, FIFA, PixelJunk Racer and Harry Potter demos)
PSN Content 09/06/07 (Stranglehold & NBA Live demos, Motorstorm & NG Sigma DLC, HS preview - part 5 of 5)
PSN Content 08/30/07 (Warhawk, SPF2THD Remix, Tekken 5 online, APF, Tiger 08, NASCAR demos, HS preview - part 4 of 5)
PSN Content 08/23/07 (New Folklore demo, New MGS4 & Timeshift trailers, Folding at Home v1.2, HS preview - part 3 of 5)
PSN Content 08/16/07 (DiRT & NCAA demos, Folklore & Timeshift trailers, HS preview - part 2 of 5)
PSN Content 08/09/07 (Piyotama, HS preview - part 1 of 5)
PSN Content 08/02/07 (Blast Factor: Advanced Research, GRAW2, The Darkness, & Bladestorm demos, Tekken 5 Online - JPN)
PSN Content 07/26/07 (Heavenly Sword demo, Gripshift 2.0, MGS4 Gameplay, Resident Evil 5, White Knight trailer, E3 Press Conference)
PSN Content 07/19/07 (Darkness demo, Castlevania: SOTN, Home Beta Invites)
PSN Content 07/12/07 (Nucleus, E3 Trailers, Spiderman 3 DLC)

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

tanod

when is my burrito
A slight OT note but I thought I might take a shot at creating the official thread for Ratchet and Clank Future some time next week. Anybody opposed to that or want to help? JS?

Somebody else should make a R&C demo impressions thread as soon as the demo goes live today.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
This week's update is epic. EDS and R&C Demo! I'm interested in seeing the differences between the EB and PSN versions of the demo.

Miburou

I got an e-mail from Sony regarding Biohazard DC that I purchased of PSN. I didn't have time to read it thoroughly (and I need time seeing as how it's in Japanese), but if I'm not mistaken a newer version is out, so if you download some PS1 game, check every so often if a newer version is out.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
In the JPN store there's a Conan video, and update to the Cat game.
As well as all the PSX games grumble grumble.

In the HK store there's a 4 minute music video, but for some reason, it's 500+ MB!

gcubed

i am sad because this will take 2 days to download because everyone and their mother will be downloading Everyday Shooter and Ratchet and Clank

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
gcubed said:
i am sad because this will take 2 days to download because everyone and their mother will be downloading Everyday Shooter and Ratchet and Clank

Last week I didn't have any downloads pause on me.

Two things: Please Sony, let that happen again. And please Sony, get the update earlier this time.

Greg

chubigans said:

Two things: Please Sony, let that happen again. And please Sony, get the update earlier this time.
Not to jinx it, but if you have problems again, let the downloads sit in the store instead of sending them to the background/queue - it has worked smooth for me through all weeks people were having troubles with the pausing issues.

sinnergy

Can't wait for The Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction demo tonight!

Well I am from EU, USA account FTW!

Vashu

Europe

Demo:

Conan (unconfirmed)

Trailers:

Ratchet & Clank Story Trailer
Uncharted: Introducing Naughty Dog
Pixel Junk Racers Trailer

I know it's bad, but this is what the Dutch pressrelease said and so is confirmed to be released this week. :lol

This is the ONLY thing we have so far, but for next week things are looking brighter. Downloadable Folk, R&C demo, Feel Ski, Pixel Junk Racers.... Who knows, we might be getting one of the PSOne games they confirmed: Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot 3 Everybody's Golf 2, Crash Team Racing, Bust A Groove, Syphon Filter 3, Cool Boarders, Spyro 2, Spyro Year of the Dragon.

Or perhaps a few today.

The only thing tanod can add to the list though are the three trailers I listed above. I also read somewhere that the Conan demo might also show up on the Euro Store, but this is still not confirmed.

jjasper

I will be putting a massive amount of time into everyday shooter today. I will download the R&C demo but I have already played the preorder one about 20 times now so it isn't my number 1 priority right now.

Niks

Thanks for this thread, Im always looking forward to it. One place to look up all updates.

Wasn't really into everyday shooter, but the short video posted in the PS Blog, had me going.

gcubed

chubigans said:

i'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so will be home to get it all started early, so please Sony, listen to this man!

Goldrusher

dallow_bg said:
In the HK store there's a 4 minute music video, but for some reason, it's 500+ MB!

The first of high-definition MV "You are leaving making of" to make the running in HiTV channel.
Want to know the Elanne interesting episode in MV ? Go free to enjoy and sign in the HiTV channel.

:lol

Elanne Kong - You are leaving (502MB)
Elanne Kong - You are leaving (making of) (464MB)

Both roughly 4 minutes, 1080p.

Greg

Why is everyone so pumped for Everyday Shooter? I watched one of the initial trailers for it and it seemed pretty dull...

Someone needs to post the definitive video to sell me on it. :lol

So Europe gets the shaft again. Do we have any sort of release date for ES? Oh well, at least I'll get to play R&C today. Conan too I suppose, although reports are mixed. Speaking of which, is Conan already out in the UK? I swear I saw it in the PS3 chart section of Gamestation.

Looking forward to the R&C demo, and I've already enjoyed Conan on XBL, I'll DL again for comparison purposes. However...

Everyday Shooter - There better damn well be a demo or Sony can kiss my ass. I absolutely refuse to buy demo-less arcade games on the PS3 any more. They ought to match the competition on this and until they do I will not reward them. With this, the lack of PS1 games, and the stupid Thursday release schedule, I am highly disappointed in Sony's online strategy.

Vashu

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
It's all looking rather sweet.

Can anybody get the GT demo?

I'll have to wait for the EU store to get EDS as well unfortunatly.

Keep in mind that it's called Riffed here, then you'll be fine.

It's a shame though, that Europe has to wait so long. I mean, we have to wait till the 18th for the R&C demo. Not many people haver a US account, especially the non-hardcore gaming crowd, but with games like Pixel Junk Racers, Go Ski, and Tekken 5 DR Online, I'm amazed at the fact that it's all taking so long.

Next week in Europe:

R&C Demo, Go Ski, Pixel Junk Racers, Folklore downloads, Blast Factor Advanced Research (again, why so long? :S).

25th of october:

Eye Create
Aqua Vita
Operation Creature Feature
Tekken 5 DR Online
and multiple trailers.

I expect Riffed to appear in november or december at the latest.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Steroyd said:
>_<

Come on Sony disapoint me for a fourth time you're on a roll.

The good thing is that the demo fiasco has kept us distracted while we're waiting for the game to come out.

WENB said:
Playstation Network PES 2008 Demo Not Looking Promising

Now before we start I don't want to alarm anybody or cause chaos in the WE/PES community, but I'm a firm believer that honesty is the best policy. Right now, its doesnt look too promising on the PES 2008 Demo coming out on the PSN. We were told by Konami that is wasn't in their hands and up to Sony.

An update on much respected blog [Poster's Note: Ha!] PS3 Fanboy highlighting the European PSN Updates for the next month or so, seems to be missing PES 2008. REMEMBER THESE ARE RUMOURS so please refrain from pulling your hair out just yet. Check the link:

PS3 Fanboy: Rumour EU PSN Updates Roadmapped

Although they mention a Ratchet & Clank demo for this Thursday and add-ons in subsequent weeks, it seems out PES 2008 taster is missing. On the podcast we cited many reasons for this including the possibility that the PS3 demo may not be released due to the muted/slightly negative response to the Xbox 360 demo that had clearly come from an early build of the game with several bugs.

We will try to contact the necessary people for confirmation, so stay tuned!

Vashu said:
Keep in mind that it's called Riffed here, then you'll be fine.

It's a shame though, that Europe has to wait so long. I mean, we have to wait till the 18th for the R&C demo. Not many people haver a US account, especially the non-hardcore gaming crowd, but with games like Pixel Junk Racers, Go Ski, and Tekken 5 DR Online, I'm amazed at the fact that it's all taking so long.

Next week in Europe:

R&C Demo, Go Ski, Pixel Junk Racers, Folklore downloads, Blast Factor Advanced Research (again, why so long? :S).

25th of october:

Eye Create
Aqua Vita
Operation Creature Feature
Tekken 5 DR Online
and multiple trailers.

I expect Riffed to appear in november or december at the latest.

Yeah it's pretty bad.

I don't mind about the demos though as I have access to the other stores.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Looking forward to the R&C demo, and I've already enjoyed Conan on XBL, I'll DL again for comparison purposes. However...

Everyday Shooter - There better damn well be a demo or Sony can kiss my ass. I absolutely refuse to buy demo-less arcade games on the PS3 any more. They ought to match the competition on this and until they do I will not reward them. With this, the lack of PS1 games, and the stupid Thursday release schedule, I am highly disappointed in Sony's online strategy.

Usually I'd agree, but this game was made by one guy. One. I highly doubt he put in more work for a demo when he had this entire game to do by himself over the last few months.

Could be wrong, but I doubt it.

calder

Awesome, looking forward to ES and the Ratchett demo when I get home. I'll try the Conan demo, but I can't imagine I'll like it.

And, :lol at poor Europe. I feel for you guys, I really do, and I hope you get your PES demo today. But it's almost like you're Aussie Nintendo fans, you get openly fucked over so often I'm almost impressed by, or at least in awe of, the company's brazen attitude.

That's not making it feel any better is it? I'll just shut up now. ;)

Top Bottom