• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced Resident Evil 4 for PS2

Miburou

LOL. Yeah, it does say that Capcom has announced that RE4 is coming to PS2, too. Not rumored, announced.

That's gotta be the funniest thing ever.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
youstolethisfromGAF.gif

B'z-chan

Banned
All i see is lots of smerks and smiles =P. If so good for you ps2ers but REremake and RE0 still aint gonna be on PS2. Cant wait for RE4.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Uh oh! I sense a lot of graphic bashing coming...run for the hills my fellow Sony brothers and sisters. Let the great tidal wave known as the PSP wash away the sinners.

This is interesting though, wasn't the PS2 version of RE4 cancelled like 4 years ago? If true this would come out after RE4, since Capcom could then release story based Resident Evil games on the PS2. Honestly I don't know if I want this to happen though, I just don't see the point.

Talk about irony. I was just rouding up all my Gamecube stuff getting ready to trade it in. RE4 was the only thing holding me back!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
OH FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE HOUSE *NOW*

Soul4ger

I wonder if this goes against any contractual agreements, and if so, if Capcom had to agree to do something for Nintendo let them bring RE4 to the GC... Big, BIG hit for Nintendo, though. Maybe after RE4 Capcom will continue porting REs to GC, even as they make 'em for PS2?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm not even remotely surprised. it's probably too late to reanimate the biohazard franchise, though. which shouldn't have been on gamecube in the first place.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So now I guess you can call it the Capcom 0. Hehe

I'm such a bitch. :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Grizzlyjin said:
So now I guess you can call it the Capcom 0. Hehe

I'm such a bitch. :lol

CAPCOM 1! don't forget pn03! it's still exclusive, and it's one of the best games on gc!

jenov4

ohsnap4.gif

Can't blame Capcom for trying to maximize their profits. Now I wonder how it will look like on the PS2 though.

M3wThr33

Banned
1) Viewtiful Joe tanked on the PS2. Why bother?

2)
Dead Phoenix
Killer 7
PN 03
Resident Evil 4
Viewtiful Joe

Dead
PS2
Sucks
PS2
PS2
. . .

AniHawk

It shall be interesting to see which sells more. The latest GC MegaMan games have been just inching out the PS2 counterparts. Still putting money on PS2 version though.

Top Bottom