• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Paradise Demo Now Available: Official Thread Of Impressions And Percentages

Right now it's up on XBLM.

Content: Burnout™ Paradise demo
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Asia
Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+)] Welcome to the Burnout Paradise Demo. Explore Motor City, Big Surf Beach and Ocean View. Discover Jumps, Stunts and Smashes all over the map, and if you’re online invite friends to join you for some challenges. Remember, this is just a small part of Paradise City. For the full Burnout experience, buy the full game coming in January 2008.
Size: 835.53 MB

GO GO GO GO!!!!

I'm at 23%, BTW.

:D

Bah! Looks like I'll be waiting til later this evening to play the PS3 version.

Silver accounts ftl :(

Although I did end up purchasing Everyday Shooter and Locoroco Cocoreccho. Had to log off before PSN games took any more of my monies.

Tieno

The comparission are going to make this thread very ugly.

Benji, maybe add this to the op?

Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+)] Welcome to the Burnout Paradise Demo. Explore Motor City, Big Surf Beach and Ocean View. Discover Jumps, Stunts and Smashes all over the map, and if you’re online invite friends to join you for some challenges. Remember, this is just a small part of Paradise City. For the full Burnout experience, buy the full game coming in January 2008.

Tieno said:
The comparission are going to make this thread very ugly.

Benji, maybe add this to the op?

Done. Thanks.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
wartime1020 said:
from the first 2 min... looks and controls amazingly...

Same sort of controls from previous burnout games? Easy to drift ? boost ? fast and fuckin furious ? Can u play with just the 2 sticks, one for steering the other for acel / brake (please please be in it!) ?!

Within the options menu is only this...

"Xbox Live Vision" On/Off/Friends only

"Music Volume"

"SFX Volume"

"Tips" On/Off

the right stick controls the camera

The D-Pad brings up the menu system (D-pad right)

Rowsdower

cjelly said:
What is the Vision camera used for?

The mug-shot. The camera takes a picture of your opponent right at the second when you take him down and sends it to you.

edit: Brilliant feature imo. I fully expect sad faces painted on cardboards and/or genitals.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
wartime1020 said:

WTF is that shit! I'm sad right now.

Vision cam is used to take pics of the people u take down durring online play. Same for the ps3 and it's eye toy.

wartime1020 said:
Within the options menu is only this...

"Xbox Live Vision" On/Off/Friends only

"Music Volume"

"SFX Volume"

"Tips" On/Off

The D-Pad brings up the menu system (D-pad right)

FFFUUUUCCCCKKKKK

Hype-10 Maybe I can confirm D pad steering on there official message board. Sorry I just hate using the analog stick.

burgerdog

Played it for about 5mins(weak, I know). Not terribly impressed with the graphics, I'm playing on x360, however, the framerate is absolutely fantastic. One thing that I didn't like right off the bat is the crashes. It sort of shows a replay when you crash, probably just need to get used to it. Going to play more in a bit when I'm done with some things.

Ashhong

bluheim said:
What the ??? Using D-Pad, in a racing game ???

A game like burnout for some reason just works with the D-Pad. maybe its because you're going too fast and you tend to overcompensate when you use the analog stick. at least thats how i am.

Timan

Developer
Compusa is gonna want its advertising money back, first ad you see in the game... too funny since they'll all be closed by the time this is out.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Blimblim said:
The problem would be to record stuff as close as possible to one another when we are a thousand km apart ;)

Well, I have an idea.

We just start the demos and go forward and crash. That's it :lol

Hopefully traffic is the same so we end up crashing in the very same way O_O

Gowans

woot! been looking forward to this, it will compelte my racing trinitary of Forza, PGR, Burnout.
just on way to work and have set it off.

Impressions? Details?

Rowsdower

BTW, the second i read the thread title i raced home from work, put the d/l on and raced back. I hope the boss didn't notice, wish me luck.

lockload

Being able to invlite friends that are in other 360 games and on the dashboard is enough for me to pickup the 360 version

Top Bottom