• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JF '08: Tidus featured in Dissidia

soul

Jump Festa visitors who have watched the closed trailer of Dissidia FF have wrote that FFX's Tidus is featured in the game. more updates as I have 'em.

edit: From the visitors reviews, looks like the game has a very decent music.

traveler

Not Wario
Would've preferred Auron or Kimahri (or however you spell it) but I suppose he's a decent representative for the male side of FFX, being the protagonist and all.

Maztorre

traveler said:
Would've preferred Auron or Kimahri (or however you spell it) but I suppose he's a decent representative for the male side of FFX, being the protagonist and all.

tidus is an awful representative of the male side of anything outside of a drag cabaret show

traveler

Not Wario
Maztorre said:
tidus is an awful representative of the male side of anything outside of a drag cabaret show

I meant more that his role in FFX (the lead character) makes him something of a decent representative. I agree that the character itself is a pretty poor delegate to send to the Squeenix Smash Bros.

Gilgamesh

Livin_Lovin said:
Fix'd. That being said, I'm a hardcore FF fan.
Have you seen Cecil from the FF4 DS FMV? The dude is a fucking monster.

But your fix applies when he gets turned into a Paladin.

soul

Livin_Lovin said:
Fix'd. That being said, I'm a hardcore FF fan.

Do you actually think Squall will fit in a drag cabaret show?
Don't even want to try and imagine that. :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I suspect any game with a clear lead character will have that clear lead character.

FFIV: Cecil
FFV: Butz
FFVII: Cloud
FFVIII: Squall
FFIX: Zidane
FFX: Tidus
If X-2 is in it, Yuna.

VI could be pretty much anyone. XII would likely be Vaan, but who knows?

traveler

Not Wario
Stumpokapow said:
I suspect any game with a clear lead character will have that clear lead character.

If X-2 is in it, Yuna.

Much rather have Basch or Balthier

Xisiqomelir

How does Dissidia work? Do you pick your favourite protagonist and go through the game, or is it more like KH and you're Johnny NewIP and just get to meet them all?

It's going to be really, really weird to see Butz/Bartz done up realistic style. Of all FF characters, the ones from FFV are the ones I have the biggest disconnect with reality with. Probably cuz Amano's art wasn't exactly smeared all over the original SFC version in-game.

Xisi: Dissidia is a fighting game. Think Smash Bros or Power Stone, apparently.

traveler

Not Wario
Segata Sanshiro said:
It's going to be really, really weird to see Butz/Bartz done up realistic style. Of all FF characters, the ones from FFV are the ones I have the biggest disconnect with reality with. Probably cuz Amano's art wasn't exactly smeared all over the original SFC version in-game.

Xisi: Dissidia is a fighting game. Think Smash Bros or Power Stone, apparently.

Yeah, the latter moreso than the former, it seems. (Although the gameplay does look very KH-like; maybe a fighter with a 3D action RPG setup for the fighting system?)

jiggle

Stumpokapow said:

If X-2 is in it, Yuna.

Disappointing if it's Vaan. Any of the other characters but him (or Penelo)

Kefka's fight should be quite awesome :D

traveler said:
Yeah, the latter moreso than the former, it seems. (Although the gameplay does look very KH-like; maybe a fighter with a 3D action RPG setup for the fighting system?)
I hope there's something resembling a decent one player game in it. What with Firion being in it, I have to buy it now.

And oh lord I didn't think of Kefka. Man, if I can play as Kefka the game can be pure shit and I'll still roll around in it. :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Segata Sanshiro said:
I hope there's something resembling a decent one player game in it. What with Firion being in it, I have to buy it now.

And oh lord I didn't think of Kefka. Man, if I can play as Kefka the game can be pure shit and I'll still roll around in it. :D

A FF2 fan?

traveler said:
Actually I thought that it would be like Phantom Dust. Where you use abilities you gained with leveling rather than powerups.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I dunno, Firion looks... male-esque. Oh, and Bartz!
ff5_intro.jpg

Chris_C

Xisiqomelir said:
How does Dissidia work? Do you pick your favourite protagonist and go through the game, or is it more like KH and you're Johnny NewIP and just get to meet them all?

:lol

SOLDIER

So far I'm disappointed in the cast list. They said before it was going to be a small roster, so if they're just sticking to main heroes and villains, does that mean no female characters at all?

traveler

Not Wario
jiggle said:
Disappointing if it's Vaan. Any of the other characters but him (or Penelo)

Kefka's fight should be quite awesome :D

Isn't there supposed to be one character of each gender from each? (and what's the deal with spinoffs? in or out?)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
SOLDIER said:
So far I'm disappointed in the cast list. They said before it was going to be a small roster, so if they're just sticking to main heroes and villains, does that mean no female characters at all?

That would be wrong on so many different levels.

Final Fantasy pretty boys all by themselves with no girls.

jiggle

SOLDIER said:

They said there's at least 10 heroes. So if the cut off is FF10, then FFVI is the most likely chance for one...

Someone said in a Dissidia post a while ago that there are more than one female. No idea how reliable.

traveler said:
Isn't there supposed to be one character of each gender from each? (and what's the deal with spinoffs? in or out?)

http://psp.ign.com/articles/788/788768p1.html

As suggested by the storyline, there should be at least 10 heroes in the game. This number does not include characters from the villain side, with character designer and creative director Tetsuya Nomura admitting to Famitsu that the development team is currently simply working on getting as many characters as possible into the game.

Hcoregamer00

jiggle said:
They said there's at least 10 heroes. So if the cut off is FF10, then FFVI is the most likely chance for one...

Someone said in a Dissidia post a while ago that there are more than one female. No idea how reliable.

Final Fantasy 6 has Terra and Celes to choose from because they are essentially the lead characters for the two parts of FF6.

Of course, they could always make Locke or Cyan the FF6 representative :lol

SOLDIER

No. Screw the Treasure Hunter and Mr Thou. If they can only get two heroes from each one, it's going to be Terra and Celes. No question.

Same for Tifa, but it's a freaking fighting game, so of course she's in there somewhere.

Wait, FFVI has Sabin.

....okay, Celes and Sabin.

I don't like this "two only" rule going on. That means none of the fun or niche characters. No Gau, Vivi, Vincent, Rikku, Rydia or anyone else that would be entertaining in a fighting game.

traveler

Not Wario
jiggle said:

http://psp.ign.com/articles/788/788768p1.html

As suggested by the storyline, there should be at least 10 heroes in the game. This number does not include characters from the villain side, with character designer and creative director Tetsuya Nomura admitting to Famitsu that the development team is currently simply working on getting as many characters as possible into the game.

My bad. Dunno where I heard what I said.

Hcoregamer00

SOLDIER said:
No. Screw the Treasure Hunter and Mr Thou. If they can only get two heroes from each one, it's going to be Terra and Celes. No question.

Same for Tifa, but it's a freaking fighting game, so of course she's in there somewhere.

Wait, FFVI has Sabin.

....okay, Celes and Sabin.

I don't like this "two only" rule going on. That means none of the fun or niche characters. No Gau, Vivi, Vincent, Rikku, Rydia or anyone else that would be entertaining in a fighting game.

I just don't like that so far there hasn't been any females announced in the franchise.

Tifa is practically given since she has an almost cult-like devotion among the FF7 otakus, but butting the two female leads in FF6 is a big question mark, especially since the two female leads don't have a strong as role as the male leads on the other Final Fantasy Games.

Yes, it would also be fun to play as Rosa, Rydia, Faris, or other female characters from the other games.

RedBoot

My main fear with this game is that we're going to end up with 10 sword dudes versus 10 evil sword dudes. We need some variety.

SOLDIER

Zidane fights with a dagger. Good enough?

It's going to be weird if Tifa is the only hand to hand fighter in the whole game though. :/

Hcoregamer00

RedBoot said:
My main fear with this game is that we're going to end up with 10 sword pretty boys versus 10 evil sword pretty boys. We need some variety.

Corrected for Final Fantasy Accuracy.

SOLDIER said:
Zidane fights with a dagger. Good enough?

It's going to be weird if Tifa is the only hand to hand fighter in the whole game though. :/

Hey, at least there will be one of that kind compared to little to NO summoners or mages.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Probably one main character+main/boss of all FF games.

So probably Terra and Kefka, and probably Vaan and some Judge for FFXII.

Oh and of course Cloud and Sephiroth. Cecil and Golbez, etc.

Top Bottom