• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JF '08: Tidus featured in Dissidia

SOLDIER

If that happens, they better include the dude from Versus too.

Because that guy looks like he could own the living crap out of Cloud and every other hero before him.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
CcrooK said:
Why do I sense that perhaps, just maybe, we'll see Lightning as a hidden character in this game?

Would be really cool, but I doubt it because they would have to pair her up with a boss character, and they'll want to keep that and her story under wrap for the game itself.

RedBoot

Segata Sanshiro said:
The few, the proud, the masochistic.

I still say Final Fantasy 2 and SaGa 3 were switched at birth. I don't care that they were made 3 years apart.

I really do hope we see the Terra/Kefka combination, if only because they're the most unique hero and villain that seem to be possibilities right now.

justchris

Stumpokapow said:
I suspect any game with a clear lead character will have that clear lead character.

FFIV: Cecil
FFV: Butz
FFVII: Cloud
FFVIII: Squall
FFIX: Zidane
FFX: Tidus
If X-2 is in it, Yuna.

VI could be pretty much anyone. XII would likely be Vaan, but who knows?

Technically, Locke is the lead character of VI, but Tina/Terra is the focal point of the story, so those two are the most likely.

By the same token, Vaan is the lead character of XII, but Ashe is the focal point of the story, so it's a tossup between those two.

LowParry

Ether_Snake said:
Would be really cool, but I doubt it because they would have to pair her up with a boss character, and they'll want to keep that and her story under wrap for the game itself.

Ohh, so they're just aiming for the goodguy vs badguy mesh eh? Bummer. -points to avatar- They better include Kefka. I'll be sad.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
For 100% sure Kefka will be there.

And Exdeath I bet. A lot of the bad guys look rather similar in style too (Garland, Golbez, Exdeath, Judge).

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Hcoregamer00 said:
That is likely, because they do want her to be the next cloud.
I thought they said Lightning wasn't the main character?
Isn't the blonde guy on the motorcycle more likely to be 'the next cloud' (or in gamesradar's case - the cloud :lol ).

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
woa, how badass would it be to fight all the Judges of Ivalice?

woaoaoao, Balthier and Basch and Auron and Saban better be in it.
You know, men.

LowParry

I don't suppose there is any word of moster type battles in this? Ya know. Summons? Atma Weapon? Random last boss encounters? (I'm looking at you Zeromus!).

jiggle

Rosass?

photo from http://ff7ac.hotcafe.to/, rehosted

415240.jpg

421530.jpg

anaron

Ultemecia, the sorceress of FF VIII. EDIT beaten.

Really shocked(but glad) they put her in. Artwork is looking great IMO.

Matix

The more info released about Dissidia, the more hyped I become.

Oh, and why isn't there an official JumpFesta-2008 topic yet..?!

dissidia_control_scheme_english.jpg

Slightly more detail description of the controls.

Zeed

Banned
hteng said:
so this is basically a final fantasy all star smash brothers style game?.
That's exactly what it is.

Except the combat is different, but that's obviously not the point here.

Kazenone

That Ultimecia scan pretty much destroys any
Rinoa = Ultimecia theories
. Look nothing alike now :lol

jiggle

Kazenone said:
That Ultimecia scan pretty much destroys any
Rinoa = Ultimecia theories
. Look nothing alike now :lol

Bebpo did say ho though, so they're closer now. j/k :lol

I don't get it, ultimecia looks exactly the same as before no?

Kazenone

jiggle said:
Bebpo did say ho though, so they're closer now. j/k :lol

I don't get it, ultimecia looks exactly the same as before no?

Hm.. it's nice to get another perspective on her; even though it's still Nomura's design she looks absolutely nothing like
Rinoa
now.

But Bebpo's comment is quite valid too!

Bebpo

Banned
Wait, Ultimecia is not the main villian from the start of the game, but rather the final boss who doesn't even show up in the story until the very end? Ok, nm my comment I thought FFVIII only had one witch ^^; Been some years...

7Th

justchris said:
Technically, Locke is the lead character of VI, but Tina/Terra is the focal point of the story, so those two are the most likely.

By the same token, Vaan is the lead character of XII, but Ashe is the focal point of the story, so it's a tossup between those two.

Hopefully we'll get Terra to avoid a sausage fest. Not like it matters much with Vaan, though.

JayDubya

Banned
Would have been better to have Yuna representing FFX, I think. If only because you can only have so many bishonen male fighters. Well, Zidane's a male *****, not a fighter. =P

Edit: Would the GAF gods prefer I call Zidane a rogue?

Edit 2: Apparently so.

7Th

JayDubya said:
Would have been better to have Yuna representing FFX, I think. If only because you can only have so many bishonen male fighters. Well, Zidane's a male *****, not a fighter. =P

Edit: Would the GAF gods prefer I call Zidane a rogue?

Edit 2: Apparently so.

Exactly the reason I want Terra for VI and Ashe for XII. Not like Vaan isn't girly enough for me to forgive his inclussion.

Zoe

SOLDIER said:
Who the heck is the blonde guy next to Ultimecia? The one with the skull jock strap? :eek:

The link says "emperor".... but I don't remember him at all.

Zoe said:
The link says "emperor".... but I don't remember him at all.
Probably the Emperor of Palmecia then? If it's him, they really changed his design, but I can't blame them. It helps avoid the whole Garland/Palmecia/Golbez/Judge design similarity.

zurra

i really hope the FF12 representative, if there is one, isn't Vaan. he's hardly the main character. ashe, basch, or balthier would be much more appropriate. or al-cid. just because.

tribal24

Banned
i'd prefer if they ad more then 3 charecters from each series becuase vaan isnt really main, and yuna (gunslinger style) with tidus can work

B-Ri

i dont know why there is SOOOO much hate for Vaan

he was the eyes you saw the game through, whats to hate about him? Cause he wears a vest and no shirt?

GODDD, sorry hes not a bald space marine.

Plus, its going to be Balthier, we all know it.

traveler

Not Wario
B-Ri said:

he was the eyes you saw the game through, whats to hate about him? Cause he wears a vest and no shirt?

I don't dislike Vaan. He is, for most purposes, the eyes of the audience or the chorus of FFXII. I think most people just latched onto hating the character design first and naturally assumed he'd be yet another metro, emo FF leading man as opposed to what he actually ended up being.

Yoboman

B-Ri said:

He's quite alright in the game, if a little irrelevant. But those CGI renders do absolutely no favours for him

Yoboman

Mefisutoferesu said:
If they do use Vaan I really do hope they go with the pirate version, not only does he avoid being half naked, but it's a cooler design in my opinion.

http://i7.tinypic.com/8bf600g.jpg

Personally, though, I doubt we'll see anything from 11,12,or 13.
Damn, why didn't he look like that in FFXII?

Just a shirt improves the whole character design

Top Bottom