• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JF '08: Tidus featured in Dissidia

Is Cid confirmed?

EDIT: That probably wasn't specific enough. The one from the game where the main character had spiky hair and a ridiculous sword.

jiggle

Zazarg may prove to be too much testosterone for this game. Ironic considering...

NovemberMike said:
Is Cid confirmed?

EDIT: That probably wasn't specific enough. The one from the game where the main character had spiky hair and a ridiculous sword.

Yup, in this game he's called Master Cid, with a major case of receding hairline.

soul

a picture of a Dissidia CD. Just like the other CD's S-E gives out in gaming events, like the last one, it's probably includes random tracks from the game.

dissidia_jf08_04.jpg

el Diablo

Banned
B-Ri said:
i dont know why there is SOOOO much hate for Vaan

he was the eyes you saw the game through, whats to hate about him? Cause he wears a vest and no shirt?

GODDD, sorry hes not a bald space marine.

Plus, its going to be Balthier, we all know it.

Riiight cause someone brought up the superiority of bald space marines. What a putz.

My "hate" for Vaan is due to the fact that he's the worst main char in the FF series, he managed to become irrelevant to the last 3/4s of the game. He should have been a side character who helped you then joined the party since basically that's all he did. You could have removed him and Panelo from FFXII after the jailbreak and the story wouldn't have been affected at all. He also wasn't the eyes you saw the game through since all of the important scenes are shown through a third person perspective. Only time you actually see things through his eyes are during the ending when he recaps what's happened to everyone.

CcrooK said:
Why do I sense that perhaps, just maybe, we'll see Lightning as a hidden character in this game?
I'd bet her, and that guy from FFXIIIVersus are the two SUPER SECRET HIDDEN BEAT 5,000 GAMES AGAINST KEFKA AND SEPHIROTH WITH A FRIEND ONLINE characters.

traveler

Not Wario
el Diablo said:
Riiight cause someone brought up the superiority of bald space marines. What a putz.

My "hate" for Vaan is due to the fact that he's the worst main char in the FF series, he managed to become irrelevant to the last 3/4s of the game. He should have been a side character who helped you then joined the party since basically that's all he did. You could have removed him and Panelo from FFXII after the jailbreak and the story wouldn't have been affected at all. He also wasn't the eyes you saw the game through since all of the important scenes are shown through a third person perspective. Only time you actually see things through his eyes are during the ending when he recaps what's happened to everyone.

I wouldn't look at FFXII like the rest. There is no "main character" as it's an ensemble oriented game. Vaan's role, if he has one, is to be the chorus of the game, which he fulfills quite well. Look at him from that perspective and I think you'll find the hate is quite unwarranted.

Pureauthor said:
Why not? He's a better villain than Kefka anyway.
Oh no you don't. I mean, I put FFIX as my 2nd favorite in the series, but even I'm not that nuts.

Kefka is the Joker/Dr. Doom of the Final Fantasy series. Kuja is a Seffy-wannabe also-ran.

justchris

el Diablo said:

S-E's official line (according to the booklet given out at the With Friends concert) is that FFXII has two main characters, Vaan & Ashe. I don't understand the hate for Vaan either. I didn't hate him, but he wasn't very interesting, so I focused on the characters I liked. He just happened to be there also, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But damn, it's amazing how just adding a shirt improves his character design by a factor of 50.

Pureauthor said:
Why not? He's a better villain than Kefka anyway.

Psh, Kuja's a cliche villain. He's like all the other villains heroes fight. Kefka actually stands out on his own.

Bebpo

Banned
I'd be curious to see Nomura's take on Kefka. In fact I'd go as far as saying I really want to see it so I can get that terrible CG "let's make amano real" look out of my head. I hope Nomura's version is closer to the sprite art.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Oh no you don't. I mean, I put FFIX as my 2nd favorite in the series, but even I'm not that nuts.

Kefka is the Joker/Dr. Doom of the Final Fantasy series. Kuja is a Seffy-wannabe also-ran.

Yeah, yeah, I'm just foolin'.

Psh, Kuja's a cliche villain. He's like all the other villains heroes fight. Kefka actually stands out on his own.

But this I'm not letting by. Kefka is just as cliched as any other Final Fantasy main villain.

justchris

Pureauthor said:
But this I'm not letting by. Kefka is just as cliched as any other Final Fantasy main villain.

Okay, true, but it's a more rarely used cliche, espcially in video games. So Kefka stands as the most unique of a string of cliche's.

justchris said:
Okay, true, but it's a more rarely used cliche, espcially in video games. So Kefka stands as the most unique of a string of cliche's.

I dunno, when I was playing it, he came across to me, personality wise, as a less interesting version of Hisoka in Hunter X Hunter...much less interesting. Maybe it was the format of the game, the snes, where expressions etc are hilariously exaggerated, but I thought he was a poor villain. Kuja wasnt much better.

Bebpo

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
I dunno, when I was playing it, he came across to me, personality wise, as a less interesting version of Hisoka in Hunter X Hunter...much less interesting. Maybe it was the format of the game, the snes, where expressions etc are hilariously exaggerated, but I thought he was a poor villain. Kuja wasnt much better.

It was his theme song that really made Kefka IMO. The theme + the laugh = instant classic.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Roxas said:
So...is it known who will be representing the "villains" from FFX/X-2??

Jecht? Shuyin? Seymour?

Most likely.

Although it would be pretty cool if they added Yunalesca instead.

Bebpo said:
It was his theme song that really made Kefka IMO. The theme + the laugh = instant classic.

yeah, his laugh was pretty funny. Honestly though, I found sephiroth's theme had more of an impact, and although its popular to hate on the character since he got so much hype...I found his character much more interesting in the context of the story...I liked the fact that he always seemed one step ahead of you, and several above... in some ways I think, in the video game genre, he helped found the cliche...

Kefka felt a bit like a rabid dog that kept coming back for one more kick

near

Gold Member
I wonder what this game is actually about. As far as I know they haven't mentioned anything
regarding the story right? How are they going to bring all these well known characters together?

DarkKyo

Kuja is my favorite FF characters ever, so I'm pretty pumped he was one of the first characters announced for this. :D

I just hope the gameplay will be good enough to hold these characters up in the game. I really wish though auron would have been in the game instead of Tidus but I guess they kinda have to stick to that main character mentality.

Top Bottom