• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store redesign (new firmware req, not web based, no region lock)

Kinda sad not have PlayStation Store Updates for the next 2 weeks. But it will be worth the wait!

The PS Store Update on the 17th should have:

New PlayStation Store GUI
Metal Gear Online Beta
Warhawk Operation: Broken Mirror

And who knows what else ......

Customer feedback drives new design, interface and navigation
Updates on hold for two weeks; new-look Store launches mid-April

This April, PLAYSTATION®Store, the online content store on PLAYSTATION®Network, is getting a whole new look and feel – and it’s in response to feedback from the millions of PSN registrants in the PAL region.

The revamp comes in response to a survey last year which showed that many PLAYSTATION Store users wanted a better interface and easier navigation. The new design will deliver a hugely improved navigation system, much greater scope for categorisation and a dynamic new user interface.

Content will be suspended for two weeks while the improvements are carried out but users can look forward to a special update in mid-April.

There will be no weekly content updates between now and the re-launch, although users can still download content from the back catalogue, such as Warhawk™ and Gran Turismo™ 5 Prologue.

The PLAYSTATION Store revamp will not affect PLAYSTATION Network accounts or the virtual wallet system.

Online PSN Store Revamp Underway

[Edit - New PlayStation Store Photos]

4sfujs.jpg

6tq04j.jpg

2u6itud.jpg

Rolf NB

This doesn't make sense. Why does it take two weeks to transition systems? Why can't new content be added to the store in the meantime?

h3ro

Looks like those are official shots according to EuroGamer... looks good. I didn't have any problem with the old store, but this works too I guess.

Hi-Res Shots:

1ANew_store_homepage_1.jpg.jpg

3New_store_action_adventure_selected.jpg.jpg

2New_store_Categories.jpg.jpg

Basch

Here's the pictures of a work in progress(?) on the revamp from the PlayStation Store hosted by Eurogamer. :D

2New_store_Categories.jpg.jpg

1ANew_store_homepage_1.jpg.jpg

3New_store_action_adventure_selected.jpg.jpg

EDIT: Beaten :'(

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Katana_Strikes said:
Europeans won't notice any difference. :p

Sad, but true :lol.

The new store looks really good, but... try to make it not reliant on moving a tiny cursor around (joypad analog stick != mouse)... these images seems to suggest moving the d-pad or the right analog stick will directly affect the store interface without having to point and click.

SappYoda

Are they trying to make people even more angry?

I'm pretty sure US and Japan will get both updates and new look, this is bullshit.

mabuza

Banned
h3ro said:
Looks like those are official shots according to EuroGamer... looks good. I didn't have any problem with the old store, but this works too I guess.
it was getting too messy as content increased.

bcn-ron said:
This doesn't make sense. Why does it take two weeks to transition systems? Why can't new content be added to the store in the meantime?

This is SCEE we're talking about, we hardly get anything when the Store does update.

Anyways, I gess this 2 week delay ties in with the leaked PSN list. So when the store comes back we'll get lovely things like;
Warhawk: Broken Mirror,
Dark Mist,
Resistance 2 trailer
Super Stardust Addon

-xBerserker- said:
Kinda sad not have PlayStation Store Updates for the next 2 weeks. But it will be worth the wait!

2 Weeks of no updates?! 2 WEEKS!? Maybe this is just a convenient excuse because they literally have little or nothing to offer before then. If not, and this is in no way trolling, it only demonstrates how laughably incompetent the people at Sony are who run the store. Can you imagine if Amazon, Newegg, or any number of online stores stopped adding new products for 2 weeks when they do site redesigns? It doesn't happen.

Epic fail.

Firewire

Banned
Katana_Strikes said:
Both Europeans & North Americans won't notice any difference. Japan of course gets fresh new games added weekly:p

Just fixed it up to reflect a more accurate truth.

New store pics look awesome.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well we haven't gotten shit for 3 or 4 weeks now, so this is hardly a big change from that.

The real loss is not getting any PSN banners in tanod's thread :(.

h3ro

Dr. Zoidberg said:
2 Weeks of no updates?! 2 WEEKS!? Maybe this is just a convenient excuse because they literally have little or nothing to offer before then. If not, and this is in no way trolling, it only demonstrates how laughably incompetent the people at Sony are who run the store. Can you imagine if Amazon, Newegg, or any number of online stores stopped adding new products for 2 weeks when they do site redesigns? It doesn't happen.

Epic fail.

Do you really want new Blu-Ray trailers that bad? All the PSN games/content has been scheduled for two weeks away anyway.

I really wonder what people did back when we played SNES? OMG NO UPDATES TO MY CARTRDIDGEZ

h3ro

TheBranca18 said:
Lame if that's what it's going to look like.

I agree, the store needs more HDR and better be 60fps.

how is it lame? it shows the name of stuff you can download, what else do you need?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
SappYoda said:
Are they trying to make people even more angry?

I'm pretty sure US and Japan will get both updates and new look, this is bullshit.

Yes, quite likely they might be doing all of this restructuring and testing with the EU PSN Network servers leaving the other two alone... if this is what happens then we have another confirmation that no matter what SCEE screws their customers over.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
-xBerserker- said:
Good eye, very interesting.

Also, with Circle you currently Exit the Store don't you?

Here is looks like you exit with it from the main page, but other pages show "Back" associated with Circle... (currently done with L1)

Needs a change for sure. Better sorting of content so that less technically inclined users can find what they need easily.

And better on-screen navigation. I love the controller shortcuts, but my relatives don't know about those.

Dragon

Banned
h3ro said:
I agree, the store needs more HDR and better be 60fps.

how is it lame? it shows the name of stuff you can download, what else do you need?

I just expected something more than a copy of Marketplace I guess :/

Basch

Rehosted pics for the unlucky few... :D -xBerseker-, you should update the OP with these pics; the rehosted ones that is.

4sfujs.jpg

6tq04j.jpg

2u6itud.jpg

Top Bottom