• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cameron isn't doing Battle Angel straight after AVATAR? He's doing a 3D drama film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36355
Right now, 3-D is pretty much being used for films that have some spectacle in them, whether it's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" or "U2 3D"; nobody's talking about using it for domestic dramas. But there are people wondering whether it will actually enhance the impact of character-driven stories. What are your thoughts on how 3-D changes the experience of watching actors act?

I plan to shoot a small dramatic film in 3-D, just to prove this point, after "Avatar." In "Avatar," there are a number of scenes that are straight dramatic scenes, no action, no effects. They play very well, and in fact seem to be enhanced by the stereo viewing experience. So I think this can work for the full length of a dramatic feature. However, filmmakers and studios will have to weigh the added cost of shooting in 3-D against the increased marketing value for that type of film.

Fuck this shit! Give us Battle Angel! I want to see Cameron return to sci-fi cyborg action already. I don't think many people would be pumped to see Cameron tackling a drama film after the awesome non-ship centric scenes in Titanic.

I suppose it is a 'small film' and will really show the widespread appeal of 3D, but if it makes Battle Angel take longer, I say fuck it.

C4Lukins

As long as he continues working, I have no problem with whatever he wants to do. No more of this ten plus years between films BS.

way more

I like the sound of that. Movie's have become so rigid in their production styles. I'm so sick of animation being the medium for a story about talking animals. Can't there be a CG movie about big people issues?

mac said:
I like the sound of that. Movie's have become so rigid in their production styles. I'm so sick of animation being the medium for a story about talking animals. Can't there be a CG movie about big people issues?

Nobody said it would be CG.

Rindain

Banned
He could still be doing Battle Angel directly after Avatar..."after Avatar" doesn't necessarily mean "directly after Avatar."

Battle Angel could still be next. I guess it would depend on whether he wants a break from hugely complex epics.

WrikaWrek

Banned
mac said:

3D =/= CG

Wand why the heck would i want to see a CG movie like that? What's the point? Sounds pretty goddamned stupid.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
WrikaWrek said:
3D =/= CG

Wand why the heck would i want to see a CG movie like that? What's the point? Sounds pretty goddamned stupid.
*points to countless awesome anime human dramas*

Is this that movie about the free divers that he's been working on all decade?

I remain utterly unconvinced that 3D can be more than just a gimmick in conjunction with editing, but maybe Cameron can prove me wrong. It won't find its creative venue here, but will have to wait for virtual reality and holodecks to truly contribute to art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom