• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 might be coming 6 days earlier

Mrbob

Oh shitz. I don't know if I can handle a three day difference between Ninja Gaiden 2 and MGS4. Nine days doesn't seem long enough. Mind will assplode soon with the upcoming June awesomeness.

DCharlie

Banned
i've been wondering about the whole Sneak out thing and whether the date is really true.

I was wondering if they are going to pull some stunt like "yeah, it's out today actually"

"BUT ITS ONLY APRIL!?"

SNEAK OUT DAMN IT

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Regular edition still showing a release date of 6/12

Kittonwy

Banned
Costanza said:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270209 6/6/2008

Few people mentioned it in the other threads, I figure it deserves its own.

This happened with quite a few big PS3 releases last year so it doesn't really surprise me.

If that's the case Ima coming six days earlier as well.
Indifferent2.gif

jvalioli

Note that is only for the limited edition.

I think GS just got solid shipping dates for MGS4, but they are still well aware of the street date since they mention it on the regular edition page.

jvalioli said:
Note that is only for the limited edition.

I think GS just got solid shipping dates for MGS4, but they are still well aware of the street date since they mention it on the regular edition page.

Yeah its true, ship dates are usually 5 days to a week sooner than the release date for a major title. This might have just been a slip-up.

FrankT

Mrbob said:
Oh shitz. I don't know if I can handle a three day difference between Ninja Gaiden 2 and MGS4. Nine days doesn't seem long enough. Mind will assplode soon with the upcoming June awesomeness.

Yea I know. I need to start paying down on both these. Best summer in a long, long time I'd say.

Somnia

I have a feeling they made MGS4 a street dated title and Gamestop.com screwed up and put the date that stores/warehouse will start receiving the game, but will have to hold it till the 12th. I don't know this for sure, but I'll look into it when I go back into work tomorrow and see if it was street dated finally.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Deadly Monk said:
Excellent. Hope its true.

Oh wait, same time as Ninja Gaiden 2...wow, what a Spring.

Yea I know, gamestop must be making tons of money with these pre-orders. Too bad GTA4 could not come out 6 days early.

Dragon

Banned
velvet_nitemare said:
Thanks assholes.That's Finals week right there. I don't get done with Finals until June 9 at 8pm.So much fail right there.

Wait four days or fail out of school? Tough call man, tough call :)

VegaShinra

Everyone who preordered the LE should get it a week earlier for spending the extra money. :D

I have a feeling this is a typo and will be fixed shortly. But, I hope I'm wrong. :D

TheBranca18 said:
Wait four days or fail out of school? Tough call man, tough call :)

Naw, the problem was i was congratulating myself on how perfect the old release date was.Right after Finals and all.Now they pull this bull, the tool sheds.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
velvet_nitemare said:
Naw, the problem was i was congratulating myself on how perfect the old release date was.Right after Finals and all.Now they pull this bull, the tool sheds.
I'm bummed too but for a different reason. I put in for my vacation the week of the 12th. I will still likely take it that week but I rather have it on the 12th. I'm patient enough. This game will be killer. Let our lust for it cook Konami!

madmook

Loudninja said:
They do the same thing for the GTAIV LE, tack on a $10 "handling" fee. Fucking greedbags, imo. I pre-ordered the GTAIV LE from Amazon, free shipping and no tax ftw. Too bad the MGS4 LE is GS-exclusive.

velvet_nitemare said:
Thanks assholes.That's Finals week right there. I don't get done with Finals until June 9 at 8pm.So much fail right there.

You'll be able to avoid the spoilers. So don't feel so bad.

Unless your getting the limited edition. You really have nothing to worry about.

Yes! As long as i get it on Monday, i am a happy camper.

Monday: OMFG MGS4!!!!
Tuesday: Drebin Points Discount!
Wednesday: OMFG THAT BOSS BATTLE WAS INSANE
Thursday: Drebin Points Discount!
Friday: Snake? Snake? SNAAKKKKKKEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
Saturday: MGO! :D

Compared to

Thursday: OMFG! MGS4! Drebin Points Discount!
Friday: OMFG THAT BOSS BATTLE WAS INSANE
Saturday: I NEED A BETTER GUN DAMNIT!
Sunday: WHERES MY THERMAL GOGGLES! CRYING WOLF IS WHOOPING MY ASS WITHOUT THERMAL GOGGLES! DREBIN!!!!
Monday: OMFG THAT BOSS BATTLE WAS INSANE
Tuesday: Drebin Point D... Snake? Snake? SNAAKKKKKKEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

vercity82

tempted to order this think i will get earlier than the uk release it will cost me ............................Order Total: $109.97

aint too bad concidering the Uk price will be around £50

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
brokenFUN said:
Broken tip #234: Never trust a thread with a source from gamestop.

class dismissed. Homework at the door.
IIRC they got the Smash Bros delay right...

Somnia

I'm telling ya don't get your hopes up guys. I am 99% certain the 6th is when we will get the title in or estimated to get the title in stores and then it will be available to sell on the 12th...hence how gamestop.com can gurantee you get the game ON the 12th and not shipped on the 12th.

Top Bottom