• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout Pulse (and Daxter) coming to PS2

Roxas

Thats according to Jeux-France

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/wipeout-pulse-daxter-annonces-ps2-actu-138932.html (original link in French)

http://www.google.com/translate?u=h...s2-actu-138932.html&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=fr&tl=en (Using Translate Google)

Sony continues its policy of expanding target and keeping alive its best-selling console in announcing the adjustments on his old (but valiant) console salon two excellent catalog titles PSP. As usual, and in order not angry buyers of games on the portable, Sony expects a few months before formalize these ports. After Silent Hill Origins and Ratchet & Clank: Size Ca Account, it is the turn of Daxter and WipEout Pulse of being adapted. The first would see the day on July 25 next year, while the racing game that plays with the seriousness happen on September 3 this year. As usual, difficult to choose between the dismay of seeing headlines brought no improvement graphs or adding content to a fairly high price and happiness to discover all games that remain outstanding for that matter. It's up to you to decide.

So, July for Daxter, September for Pulse.

Roxas

Wipeout Pulse is awesome and, if, it is a good port and decent price, i'd urge anyone to go and buy it. Daxter.....not so much..

batbeg

jaundicejuice said:
This just doesn't help the PSP at all.

Well, Daxter's already sold like 2 million, hasn't it? I doubt it helps the PSP a substantial amount my this point anyway.

But still, yeah... poor PSP. :( You deserve so much more.

Dali

Is that before or after Chains of Olympus? Hopefully they'll contact Square and decide on a good release schedule. We wouldn't want Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts coming out the same time as the Sony games, would we?

Just a matter of time until God Of War COO is announced for PS2 as well. While this sucks for PSP owners looking for true exclusives, it's actually very smart business sense for Sony in that they get to keep supporting the PS2 without having to pay for any real new content.

It's just that even Sony treats their own handhled like it's a second or third tier platform by always eventually releasing the biggest 1st/2nd party PSP games on the PS2.

Flunkie

Banned
Uhh.. this kinda pisses me off. People are going to stop buying PSP games just "so they can pick it up on PS2 later". Granted, I like that more people are going to get to play the games, and the devs are going to be getting more money for two amazing games. And it does make sense with the PS2's install base out of the wazoo.

It just kinda razzles me, because I love my PSP, and I want people to support it!

AniHawk

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Lumines Plus
Tokobots
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Silent Hill Origins
Twisted Metal: Head On
Wipeout Pulse
Daxter

I think Secret Agent Clank and GoW will be added eventually.

Defuser

Dali said:
Hopefully they'll contact Square and decide on a good release schedule. We wouldn't want Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts coming out the same time as the Sony games, would we?
Square isn't supporting the ps2 anymore.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
batbeg said:
But still, yeah... poor PSP. :( You deserve so much more.

PSP is just a lost cause in term of software sales ( blame fucking piracy , CFW , Canada , oil ..ect ) and PS2 software still sells like a new system , Sorry for the PSP , i love the system but it was doomed since the hacked firmware , sony just did the right thing here , at least give PS2 owners the chance to actually buy these great games .

and for the poor PSP , they should just kill the thing , focus on PS3 and PS2 , or if they want a new PSP2 but they should make it Hacker-Proof like the PS3 or maybe digital downloads only system.

now plz sony give PS2 owners GOWCOO , and Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow .

Speevy

Banned
Why aren't they selling upscaled PSP games on the PSN? (for play on the PS3)

I'd love to buy the best the PSP has to offer.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Should enable PSP games on PS3 via the store now. Since nobody buys the games, not like anyone will stop buying the hardware!

CamHostage

It's weak that they're doing this, but I think this is more a case of PS2 coming to a dead stop (with PS3 not picking up the slack) and Sony worrying about that rather than PSP not living up to its potential. All of these games have sold well, and Sony has nothing else to release on PS2, so this is their compromise.

It's strange that this is having an effect on the PSP's reputation, who the hell is waiting a year for the pathetic PS2 port when you can have a portable version at a reasonable price and in a take-it-to-go format? The only PSP-to-PS2 port that's been worth a damn has been the Twisted Metal game, and that, I didn't mind the double-dip since it came out as s budget game and had all the content, so to me the TH:Head On port was just padding for the fan disc content. (Actually, I wish they had ported up Small Brawl instead of the PSP game since I've always wanted to play that at a reasonable framerate, but that would totally clash with TM:Black 2.)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
the games are so old that it would only benefit them to port to PS2. They may as well. It'll still be cheaper to get on PSP since those games will be 20 dollars while being 40 on a console

DuckRacer

~Devil Trigger~ said:
they need to just PSN them bitches
Y2Kev said:
Should enable PSP games on PS3 via the store now. Since nobody buys the games, not like anyone will stop buying the hardware!
The thing is, if they were to do that they would have to exclude 40GB owners from purchasing them unless they make a special PSP emulator for PS3.

these psp games came out 3 years ago.......anyone still care about them? seriously now....you gotta be diggin pretty low to hold this against the psp

and i guess the 100+million ps2 userbase is just tad too much temptation to ignore, cant blame sony

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
CamHostage said:
It's weak that they're doing this, but I think this is more a case of PS2 coming to a dead stop (with PS3 not picking up the slack) and Sony worrying about that rather than PSP not living up to its potential. All of these games have sold well, and Sony has nothing else to release on PS2, so this is their compromise.

2.)

?????dead stop ??? Sony has nothing else to release on PS2 ???

they just announced two PS2 games yesterday at Playstation day ( not today's PSP ports ) , other SCEWW studios still support PS2 ( the Show 08 , NBA , BUZZ, the new singstar..ect ), and almost all big publishers has there is also big games on the Horizon like UEFA Euro 2008 , Incredible Hulk, Backyard Baseball 2009 , Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Persona 4 and many many other Wii/PS2 games (and shovelware) like Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures , Alone in the dark .

CamHostage said:
It's strange that this is having an effect on the PSP's reputation, who the hell is waiting a year for the pathetic PS2 port when you can have a portable version at a reasonable price and in a take-it-to-go format?

bingo

probably the only ones who had problems with the psp in the first place are the ones bitching about this now.....

Pein

Banned
frAntic_Frog said:
these psp games came out 3 years ago.......anyone still care about them? seriously now....you gotta be diggin pretty low to hold this against the psp

and i guess the 100+million ps2 userbase is just tad too much temptation to ignore, cant blame sony
daxter came out two years ago and wipeout pulse a couple months ago

Y2Kev said:
games like CoO and FF7CC sold about 300k each in feb/march npd....im sure the games are doing fine ;)

Pein

Banned
Deadly Monk said:
Any chance Crisis Core might one day appear on PS2? GoW is almost a given now...
I'd think so and they would add some new content and never release it outside japan

Totobeni said:
?????dead stop ??? Sony has nothing else to release on PS2 ???

they just announced two PS2 games yesterday at Playstation day ( not today's PSP ports ) , other SCEWW studios still support PS2 ( the Show 08 , NBA , BUZZ, the new singstar..ect ), and almost all big publishers has there is also big games on the Horizon like UEFA Euro 2008 , Incredible Hulk, Backyard Baseball 2009 , Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Persona 4 and many many other Wii/PS2 games (and shovelware) like Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures , Alone in the dark .
well the ps2 games are winding down.....save for the movie cash ins or the sports/singing games, there really isnt much else on ps2 left (oops forgot Persona4, but whatever). the seems like a quick cash-in for sony i suppose. 100million ps2 userbase. simple economics

SuperSonic1305 said:
This would be good if almost all the PS2 ports weren't complete ass

or lacked online play (twisted metal head on ps2 had none)

or plain sucked because the games were designed for handheld quick sessions (liberty city stories anyone?)

Bebpo

Banned
As much as I hate the process, it comes down to the fact that Pulse sold 10k and that was it. Anyone who was going to buy the game on PSP or buy a PSP for the game already did that and they can either let the game just die or maybe try to sell it to a new audience.

Since I think Pulse is a REALLY GOOD game, I'm all for more than 10k in the world playing it and having fun with it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
frAntic_Frog said:
well the ps2 games are winding down.....save for the movie cash ins or the sports/singing games, there really isnt much else on ps2 left (oops forgot Persona4, but whatever). the seems like a quick cash-in for sony i suppose. 100million ps2 userbase. simple economics

no , PS2 now sharing most games with the Wii you know and not just (movie cash ins or the sports/singing games) see Alone of the Dark , the new Crash Bandicoot ( Crash: Mind Over Mutant ) Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon and there is more , but yeah a lot of Wii games mean PS2 games and it's not just sport of movie games .

klee123

Bebpo said:
As much as I hate the process, it comes down to the fact that Pulse sold 10k and that was it. Anyone who was going to buy the game on PSP or buy a PSP for the game already did that and they can either let the game just die or maybe try to sell it to a new audience.

Since I think Pulse is a REALLY GOOD game, I'm all for more than 10k in the world playing it and having fun with it.

I'd say there are more than 10K people who have played the game due to piracy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Duck said:
The thing is, if they were to do that they would have to exclude 40GB owners from purchasing them unless they make a special PSP emulator for PS3.

Wait, why does it affect only 40 gb owners? There's no PSP emulator for the 60 or 20 gb systems.

Didn't RAD say something like "we don't want our games ported to other systems" in reference to GoW:CoO possibly being ported to the PS2?

I think Sony disagrees with you, RAD. :lol

Top Bottom