• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush Remaster [PS4} - Review Thread

wouwie

I'll be there day one. I enjoyed the vita version (despite the flaws) and i look forward to revisiting the world of Gravity Rush on the big screen. Also, i feel Gravity Rush is a franchise worth supporting due to being original and different. I can't wait for Gravity Rush 2 later this year.

Begaria

Wow. This release really snuck up on me. Can't believe it's out next week. Looking forward to playing it.

IvanJ

Banned
Glad to see it's getting good reviews, and since it's decently priced, I hope it will manage to sell well.
I won't be buying it, didn't really enjoy the Vita version and quit halfway through. It's a good game, just not a game for me.

Feichaw

I have this game on Vita, but I haven't finished it yet. The story is so bad, but the gameplay is very, very unique. I think I'm going to give it a second chance.

ys45

Ordered it from Amazon.com earlier this morning since I'm pretty sure in Canada we won't be getting this -_-

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Even the 7.0 reviews are basically, "BUT IT'S REALLY FUN!". It amazes me that this is getting sequel. My pessimism went down a couple of notches that day.

I own this game on Vita, yet never got past the first hour or so. Seemed fun, I just don't play hand held games often. Might get the PS4 version and give it another go.

Raylan

Banned
Already pre-ordered, digital and physical. Day 1, baby
WL2hcmg.gif

Even the 7.0 reviews are basically, "BUT IT'S REALLY FUN!". It amazes me that this is getting sequel. My pessimism went down a couple of notches that day.

Sony Japan in particular loves the series. It's even getting an anime that'll bridge the story between GR and GR2.

Gecoma

I just finished Platinuming the asian-english version last week. Feels & looks great on the PS4, people who haven't played it yet are in for a treat.

I know a lot of people hate the combat in this game but I can't help but just love the act of playing this game, it hits the same spots as Mirror's Edge for me. Even just falling around the sky feels great. Like every game it still has a little open world jank, getting stuck on geometry occasionally ect. But damn... even after finishing it all I wanted to do was play it again.

Gamespot dude calling it "formulaic"? smh. Yeah, loads of games like GR out there already in this day and age.

This explains it! No wonder the game is really creepy in few story moments.

Dude is a genius, the fact that he switches between games like Silent Hill & Siren and to a game like Gravity Rush means to me that the guy can make pretty much anything at this point. Not many people know this but he got his start on Hideo Kojima's game Snatcher as one of the artists.

Dude is a genius, the fact that he switches between games like Silent Hill & Siren and to a game like Gravity Rush means to me that the guy can make pretty much anything at this point. Not many people know this but he got his start on Hideo Kojima's game Snatcher as one of the artists.

Interestingly, GR was his dream game. He said that he initially made Silent Hill because Konami wanted a game to compete with Resident Evil. He's recently hinted that he's ready to get back into horror again. Also, his team have been prototyping for PSVR.

So, can you play this game without motion/touch controls? That was what ruined the vita version for me.

Yes, that's one of the biggest changes with the remaster. Everything can be changed to have direct control instead of motion.

icespide

Banned
played it but never finished it on vita. already got this preordered digitally!

minor but can a mod pleeease fix the thread title? [PS4} is killing my OCD

noonche

Interestingly, GR was his dream game. He said that he initially made Silent Hill because Konami wanted a game to compete with Resident Evil. He's recently hinted that he's ready to get back into horror again. Also, his team have been prototyping for PSVR.

Yes, that's one of the biggest changes with the remaster. Everything can be changed to have direct control instead of motion.

Awesome. I'm in.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I'm not really sure. I've heard people have had problems with them before, but I've always found them ok.

Yeah, i bought some games from them 2 or 3 times and everything went fine.

played it but never finished it on vita. already got this preordered digitally!

minor but can a mod pleeease fix the thread title? [PS4} is killing my OCD

Don't tell me! I tried to fix it when i noticed, but was too late to make the edit.

Top Bottom