• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 SKUs and bundles confusion.

kuYuri

Ok people, all of these MGS4 announcements have led to more SKUs, bundles, etc. and even I'm starting to get confused. I need it sorted out once and for all. I'm trying to look for pictures of all the SKUs and bundles. This is what I have gathered so far from searching different threads.

Japan

Standard Edition

itemVT006-J1p1_1.jpg

Limited Edition

itemVT007-J1p1_1.jpg

Premium Pack bundle in back

itemVT008-J1p1_1.jpg

"Welcome Box" in three different colors

2vk192h.jpg

20ho9yq.jpg

xaqn11.jpg

USA

Standard Edition

5o5ert.jpg

Limited Edition

23moodj.jpg

Standard bundle

e5iaz5.jpg

Limited Edition bundle

2rejz1x.jpg

Europe & Australia

Standard Edition (EU & UK)

b8pqio.jpg
313iqzk.jpg

Limited Edition (EU)

1212489028_1_3.jpg

Standard Bundle (AUS)

4n822h

Standard Bundle (EU)

51KS1Ra-6XL._SS500_.jpg

Any help is appreciated to fill in blanks. For now, I am only looking for the game itself and bundles.

If a mod finds this thread unnecessary, then please lock.

Blablurn

Europe

Standard Game Edition

51KePFp5hcL._SS400_.jpg

Limited Game Editon

Metal_gear_1-v08-2.jpg

Standard PS3 Bundle (40GB)

2qno8wh.jpg

Seems like UK gets a Limited PS3 Bundle as well. But there are no pics yet.

YYZ

Metal_gear_1-v08-2.jpg

wow, this looks pretty damn nice. All the LEs are damn nice, but this one stands out (lighter colour I guess).

itxaka

Defeatist
YYZ said:
Metal_gear_1-v08-2.jpg

wow, this looks pretty damn nice. All the LEs are damn nice, but this one stands out (lighter colour I guess).

Really?
I prefer the US version, looks nicer. Maybe is because this one looks like it´s done in paint in 5 minutes?

Anyway, I gotta check as I never saw anything about LE in the stores near here :(

EU Limited Edition:
• Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots
• Old Snake figure
• Bonus Blu-ray disc with Making Of video
• Soundtrack.
Price: €100-130

US Limited Edition:
• Soundtrack.
• Collectible box with exclusive artwork by famed Kojima Productions illustrator Yoji Shinkawa
("Additionally, customers reserving the “Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots” Limited Edition will receive an exclusive MGS4 Art Book at time of purchase. This offer is good while supplies last, see stores for details.")
Price: $85

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...s-of-the-patriots-–-product-details-revealed/

archnemesis said:
EU Limited Edition:
• Old Snake figure
• Soundtrack.

Oh wow thats alot. I was planning to ask someone to ship me EU LE but i guess I'm good with US LE.

You also forgot that US LE gets bonus artwork book.

hirokazu

Yoboman said:
Is this real? I thought Australia wasn't getting a bundle
We're not getting this:
EU Limited Edition:
• Old Snake figure
• Soundtrack.

Don't really care about the console bundle. I just ordered the Asian LE from Play-Asia, but that means I won't be able to play until around a week after release :( At least I only paid ~$105. Not much more than what the game by itself will cost here when it's on sale -_-"

kuYuri

shagg_187 said:
Oh wow thats alot. I was planning to ask someone to ship me EU LE but i guess I'm good with US LE.

You also forgot that US LE gets bonus artwork book.

The artbook is actually a Gamestop exclusive.

Also, the US LE is supposedly coming with digital graphic novel chapters.

kuYuri

shagg_187 said:
LE is also Gamestop exclusive in US (Not much in Canada though).

Right, but you only get it for preordering the LE. The artbook is technically separate from the LE, I think.

hirokazu

shagg_187 said:
You know whats funny, search "Konami Japan" in google and Kojima Pro's website is the first link :lol
That's because it used to be a part of KCE Japan and is probably the most well known team within it.

Edit: I just tried, but I get www.konami.co.jp/en/ as the first link anyway?

What's the difference between Asia and Japan LE? :/

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-77-3-49-en-15-metal+gear-70-2m8a-43-99.html
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-77-4-49-en-15-metal+gear-70-2oin-43-99.html

hirokazu said:
That's because it used to be a part of KCE Japan and is probably the most well known team within it.

Edit: I just tried, but I get www.konami.co.jp/en/ as the first link anyway?

Whoops. I meant "Konami Jp". I usually just enter keywords instead of URL in firefox and it automatically redirects me. :)

hirokazu

archnemesis said:
Release Date: Jun 12, 2008
Language: English
Genre: Action Adventure
Version: Asia
PAX-Code: PAX0002126768
And the price ;)

The Asian LE will probably contain all the stuff the US version has, bar the artbook, if you consider that part of the US LE. The Japanese LE according to Play-Asia, is just the game and Making of BD, no mention of the OST.

EDIT: OP, this is definitely final, they'll just slap on the repective rating in the corner, as seen in the Australian console bundle.
51KePFp5hcL._SS400_.jpg

hirokazu

Also, a note for those who hate the EU LE, the disc boxes are in the black thing at the back, the front is just the packaging for the figure.

VicViper said:
OK, I'm fine with 40GB, but will it have PS2 backwards compatibility?
No 40GB units have BC, and as this is for Europe, I see no reason for it to suddenly have it.

fushi

So is the European LE a confirmed Play exclusive? Cause I really want one, but Play doesn't ship to where I live :(

Vorador

Banned
VicViper said:
OK, I'm fine with 40GB, but will it have PS2 backwards compatibility?

Again, no :(

The 40 Gb has no BC. Better try to pick up a ol' 60 Gb, there's still a few units here and there. Or buying it used. And the 80 Gb USA version is being phased out in favor of the 40 Gb no BC.

Also, if you want the USA 80 Gb, i remind you that the ps2 BC is region locked.

senahorse

Is it confirmed Australia isn't getting the LE game, EB were all too happy to let me preorder it for $169?

edit: I just read on the Atari and Aus Playstation forums that Atari will be honoring the preorders but no more, phew nearly had a heart attack. :lol

hirokazu

x3n05 said:
Is it confirmed Australia isn't getting the LE game, EB were all too happy to let me preorder it for $169?

edit: I just read on the Atari and Aus Playstation forums that Atari will be honoring the preorders but no more, phew nearly had a heart attack. :lol
From what I heard, Atari was never intending to release it in Australia, but several shops jumped the gun and started accepting preorders for it before Atari announced anything. So in the end, Atari are honouring the existing preoders for the LE up to that point, but are not going to release any more.

I'm not sure why your EB are accepting a preorder for it now, unless the situation has changed. Or did you preorder it a long time ago?

VicViper

Vorador said:
The 40 Gb has no BC. Better try to pick up a ol' 60 Gb, there's still a few units here and there. Or buying it used. And the 80 Gb USA version is being phased out in favor of the 40 Gb no BC.
Disappointment total. I was hoping the MGS4 bundled PS3 was somehow "special" in regards to backwards compatibility. I clearly remember it being stated on the Sony blog. It just wasn't confirmed for Europe, unfortunately.

senahorse

hirokazu said:
From what I heard, Atari was never intending to release it in Australia, but several shops jumped the gun and started accepting preorders for it before Atari announced anything. So in the end, Atari are honouring the existing preoders for the LE up to that point, but are not going to release any more.

I'm not sure why your EB are accepting a preorder for it now, unless the situation has changed. Or did you preorder it a long time ago?

Sorry I should have been a little clearer. I actually ordered mine on April the 19th.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Meh at EU boxart. The black space surrounding the art is really oddly placed. I much prefer the US/JP cover (of course the US limited is BY FAR the best overall).

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Rez>You said:
Meh at EU boxart. The black space surrounding the art is really oddly placed. I much prefer the US/JP cover (of course the US limited is BY FAR the best overall).

Woot! <checks pre order for umpteenth time>

megateto

wtf Konami as well, but mainly for the clusterfuck they are making with the Euro versions of the game. No Spanish LE? WTF Konami, WTF!!!

Top Bottom