• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want into the PlayStation Home Closed Beta test? Here’s How to Apply

Today we’re announcing the expansion of our closed beta test for PlayStation Home to begin at the end of the month.

Later today, the PLAYSTATION Store will be updated with a PlayStation Home theme. By downloading the theme, users are submitting an application to join the PlayStation Home Beta test community. We will be using a variety of criteria including activity on the PLAYSTATION Network to determine eligibility for the Beta community. Existing beta testers have automatically qualified to be part of the expanded beta.

In Europe, SCEE is also beginning their expanded closed beta, directly targeting consumers who have been most active on PLAYSTATION Network and PLAYSTATION Store. SCEE will be in email contact with their PSN audience very shortly.

vne1dl.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...ion-home-closed-beta-test-heres-how-to-apply/

KZObsessed

In Europe, SCEE is also beginning their expanded closed beta, directly targeting consumers who have been most active on PLAYSTATION Network and PLAYSTATION Store. SCEE will be in email contact with their PSN audience very shortly.

Awesome. I've bought loads from the store! Pick me pick me!

We will be using a variety of criteria including activity on the PLAYSTATION Network to determine eligibility for the Beta community.

This probably entails how much and what DLC you purchase that would in some way could interact with Home.

SUPREME1

Banned
Shouldn't you be posting this 2 years from now, when the beta will finally ready?

I am so kdding. I am honestly interested in how it'll turn out.

After MGS4, Sony can't do anything wrong in my eyes..... for the next 3 years.

They get a pass.

BeeDog

FFObsessed said:
Awesome. I've bought loads from the store! Pick me pick me!

Same here, brat. Pick me!
Don't really care at this point, will just be disappointed if I see Home from the viewpoint of a closed beta.

EDIT: wtf, though the name of the guy who wrote the blog entry was Jack Bauer for a split second.

I'd really enjoy getting in on this, but if I don't make it into the expanded closed beta I'm okay with waiting for the open beta this fall.

I would imagine they are selecting from a full sample. People that bought tons of stuff, people that use multiplayer all the time, people that hardly get on, etc. That way, they can get a better idea of how it will be used.

Concept17

Prezhulio said:
sweet! i too wonder what types of network activity effects your chances....

I'm guessing its more along the lines of time playing games on the network, than it is buying stuff.

Prezhulio said:
sweet! i too wonder what types of network activity effects your chances....
Could be about how much you've purchased from the PSN store, could be about how often you're online or how much you play (because they want people that they know will be able to test it for a good number of hours each week).

bosx2

Banned
since I use my Ps3 for watching all kind of movies from the xmb, I should be #1 to be picked, because my freakn ps3 is roughly logged in 24/7!! but with the american account, hope that counts too

angelfly

devildog820 said:
I would imagine they are selecting from a full sample. People that bought tons of stuff, people that use multiplayer all the time, people that hardly get on, etc. That way, they can get a better idea of how it will be used.

I've bought PSN games
I play games on PSN
I've linked my account to playstation.com
I'm in G.A.P

I'd better get in this time.

Cardon

If the amount of money spent on the PS Store and total downloads are a criteria then I should be in. I GIVE SONY MY MONEY SO LET ME IN!!!!!

WTFing

Banned
Queuing ALL items on ALL Euro stores NOW! :lol

Mik2121

I hope it works the same way in the Japanese Beta Test, because I already purchased:

Pixel Junk Monsters
Echocrome
Super Stardust HD
Elefunk
Warhawk
The Last Guy
Pixel Junk Eden

And downloaded a few thing, plus I play online almost everyday... (all this with my Japanese (and main) account).

Teknoman

angelfly said:
I've bought PSN games
I play games on PSN
I've linked my account to playstation.com
I'm in G.A.P

I'd better get in this time.

Same here. I've been a member since Playstation Underground's days.

Do we have to use the theme though? I'll download, but I really like that new (?) Killzone 2 theme.

Firewire

Banned
Teknoman said:

Do we have to use the theme though? I'll download, but I really like that new (?) Killzone 2 theme.

New Killzone 2 theme wat? Seriously?

Teknoman said:

You likely will only have to download it.

tha_con

Banned
BeeDog said:
Murdered? BluRay laser death?

Visiting my mother for a few weeks, she had knee surgery. She killed my PS3, slid it against the wall of a bookshelf while cleaning. I was doing yard work for an hour, had uncharted paused.

Now it'll turn on, no image, no sound, no DS3 response, nothing. It's in a coma, i suppose.

Top Bottom