• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you date a woman who used to be a man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
A straight friend of mine had an interesting experience last week. He met a woman at a friend's party, they talked half the night, and he ended up asking if he could call her to get together later in the week.

She said she'd love that but before they started something she wanted to be upfront with him, and proceeded to tell him that she used to be a guy!

He didn't believe her at first and thought she was joking, but soon figured out she was being sincere. He took her number, but now he has no intention of calling her, even though in telling the story he says he would never have guessed in a million years - no man hands, no adam's apple, regular woman's voice, looked normal.

I told him he should call her if he liked her and thought she was attractive, but he says he just can't get past the idea that he would be sleeping with a guy, no matter what she looks like. Plus it could have been just a story to turn him off if she wasn't actually interested, but to that I think, well why give him a number then?

I don't consider him to be homophobic at all, so this led me to wonder... are there any straight guys who would date a woman who used to be a man?

byproduct said:
I don't consider him to be homophobic at all, so this led me to wonder... are there any straight guys who would date a woman who used to be a man?

Not a chance.

It's very cool that she was upfront about it, though.

YYZ

Doesn't this woman still have a penis? Doesn't seem like a good situation to jump into.

My answer is no.

This reminds me of a story I saw on reddit the other day.

Found it! She used to be a he:

morgan_4.jpg

Definitely. I know a lot of lesbians have huge issues with transgendered women, but I'm secure enough in my homosexuality that I certainly don't have any such issues. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and carries the scent of delicious fish, it's good enough for me.

Dali

What if the "woman" didn't tell your friend until after they had sex? Oh man, that would be a fun thread.

To answer the question: No.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
no thank you.

But gotta give the gal credit for being honest. finding out later would suck

Olaeh

I would if it was more friendly than romantic and it wasn't obvious that she was a man. I would not want to get serious. Kissing would be as far as it would go, but it would no doubt end up in a mess.

Blackace said:
no thank you.

But gotta give the gal credit for being honest. finding out later would suck

yeah, I know a crossdresser that actually managed to make out with one of my old highschool classmate(small world), and the while I slumming around his page on some social networking website, I saw him being all lovey lovey with my cross-dressing friend. First thing I do is buzz him on MSN and asked him about how he met him.

He didn't know that he was making out with a dude. ;_;

Pop On Arrival said:
yeah, I know a crossdresser that actually managed to make out with one of my old highschool classmate(small world), and the while I slumming around his page on some social networking website, I saw him being all lovey lovey with my cross-dressing friend. First thing I do is buzz him on MSN and asked him about how he met him.

He later murdered the my cross-dressing friend.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
LOL this is the quickest growing topic I've ever made - a hot button issue with GAF?

I'd assume there would be no penis involved. Let's assume no penis.

Wow the reaction seems overwhelmingly to be "no way". Must be a lonely life for her. You've gotta admire someone who will do whatever they have to do to be themselves, and staying honest about it, even if it means giving up intimacy.

Well, intimacy with GAF, at least.

jiji said:
Paging Harisu to thread!

MY PENIS COULD NEVER RESPOND TO THIS

I AM INCAPABLE OF REACHING ERECTION

NOPE, DEFINITELY NO TENT FORMING IN MY PANTS

Having cared for patients who had undergone sex reassignment surgery in the past, and seeing them naked, I can tell you with full confidence those pictures do the exact opposite of give me an erection.

In fact, I'm going to go stare at some playboy in hopes of forgetting this whole discussion.

no no and uh no!!!!!!!!!!

If your looking for that sorta thing to Pattaya, Thailand. I just came back and i was constantly seeing the infamous "Ladyboys".

Olaeh

Pop On Arrival said:

Yikes, that's tough. Especially if you have time to develop real feelings for the person it could be confusing and frustrating. I knew someone on FFXI who fell in love with a female player. They talked about having kids and layed everything out. 2 years later, this love interest revealed that she was really a man. The whole LS was shocked. The weird part is my friend went on about how badly he was hurt... Yet somehow he kept close "buddy-buddy" like with him and gave him free stuff, it was strange.

smurfx

get some go again
no way would i ever do that. i don't care how much he makes himself look like a girl he will never be one. i'm not homophic but i ain't dating no ex man to prove how non homophobic i am.

vas_a_morir said:
He later murdered the my cross-dressing friend.

Nah, he did want to kick his ass, but I managed to talk him out of it. My cross-dressing friend is already depressed enough as it is. Still a jerk move on his part, though.

Shouta

Olaeh said:
That is a man? ... shit, wow.

Some post-transformation women are almost indistinguishable from the genetic real deal. Tsubaki Ayana, a model that seems to be on TV rather frequently here in Japan as of late, looks and sounds like any other woman but is genetically male (she's post-op now). It's pretty amazing but she probably has always had a very feminine look. It's rather amazing and the fact she's got the same chromosomes I do hardly registers anymore to me. :lol

mAcOdIn

No, I wouldn't. I could see how I might be attracted to one without knowing, but once the secrets out no way could I convince my mind otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom