• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation.com redesign coming early next week

Early next week, we’ll be integrating additional community features into PlayStation.com. We are excited to roll-out the first phase, which includes the ability to sign-in to PlayStation.com and, soon after, PlayStation.Blog with your PlayStation Network ID. Of course, your PlayStation Network ID gets you access to all the good things on the PLAYSTATION 3 and PSP, including games, movies and TV shows on the PlayStation Store, online gaming, and, soon to come for PS3, PlayStation Home.

ps.jpg

In addition, we are making enhancements to the gamer profile features. Your profile will include your PSN online ID, your avatar, and a short “about me” section. You’ll also be able to display your friends list and, on the game detail pages, you’ll be able to include ratings and reviews for all of your favorite games. These features were created so that you can make new friends, learn new tricks and tips, talk trash, offer advice, console the defeated, praise the winners, and more.

If you have an Underground account on PlayStation.com and haven’t already merged it with your PlayStation Network ID, click here to do so. If you don’t have an Underground account but would like to create a PlayStation Network account to participate in the new features on PlayStation.com, click here.

We decided to dissolve the PlayStation Underground program in order to provide more PlayStation fans with a glimpse into the PlayStation Network world via the web. We hope you enjoy this next step in the evolution of PlayStation.com.

Stay tuned; before this year is over we’ll have more enhancements for your gamer profile.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/11/19/playstationcom-continues-to-evolve/

Nice! :D

We decided to dissolve the PlayStation Underground program in order to provide more PlayStation fans with a glimpse into the PlayStation Network world via the web. We hope you enjoy this next step in the evolution of PlayStation.com.

awww fuck you Sony. ;( and i have the card for nothing.

I didnt read but did it mention anything about updating that ugly "profile card"?

Clinton514

Games played database please and distribute the API to the proper people-
none of those asses blatantly advertising crap on their gamer card sites

Clinton514

Also, is that a new avatar for the mock-up profile? Looks like something from MGS4. I wonder of other 3rd parties will finally be getting some avatars up there for us.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Clinton514 said:
Also, is that a new avatar for the mock-up profile? Looks like something from MGS4. I wonder of other 3rd parties will finally be getting some avatars up there for us.

Looks like HAL

borsdy

Banned
Clinton514 said:
Looks like 2001 to me.

alr1ghtstart said:
Trophy displays/Friends List/Games Played list please.

Trophy List RSS would be fucking awesome. In fact I hope any PSN stats they use are pulled in via XML... could lead to some great utils / sites.

x3sphere

Redesign looks nice and simple. Hopefully they make it so you can change the PSN ID linked to your Playstation.com account. I accidentally linked an ID I never used for testing purposes and now I'm unable to change it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They should use blue like in the PS2 days.

I liked blue.

Clinton514

x3sphere said:
Redesign looks nice and simple. Hopefully they make it so you can change the PSN ID linked to your Playstation.com account. I accidentally linked an ID I never used for testing purposes and now I'm unable to change it.

Boosh

Here's the deal with my linked PSN:

The sign-up I used for my old Playstation.com account was my last college's e-mail. I transferred out, so I guess the e-mail got deleted. I try signing in on that e-mail and I get nothing. I made another account and tried linking my ID and it says it's already linked with another account...duh...my old one.

Any ideas?

EktorPR

Nice. Glad to hear something PSN-related after the massive circle jerk that has become NeoGaf with the NXE release.

borsdy

Banned
mountain_duwe said:

The sign-up I used for my old Playstation.com account was my last college's e-mail. I transferred out, so I guess the e-mail got deleted. I try signing in on that e-mail and I get nothing. I made another account and tried linking my ID and it says it's already linked with another account...duh...my old one.

Any ideas?
http://www.us.playstation.com/Support

Arsenic

mountain_duwe said:

Any ideas?
Contact support.

I dealt with them two years ago after an issue with having 3 accounts, and i wanted everything from them (registered games, systems, etc). They were able to do that for me.

Maybe you can create a new one, or better yet link a new email to that account.

Which part of support do I contact? I'm all over the site but can't find what I'm looking for. Any help's appreciated...

EDIT: Nvm, found it, I think.

Guy Legend

Metalic Sand said:
Need to be able to see whos online and send messages from PC like LIVE. Then ill be content.

You can see who's online on your friends list right now. If you've linked your ID, their is a friends list section you can click on.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Please let me send messages to online friends over the internet like XBL. And please integrate trophies into you account on the site so we don't have to manually do it to see our gamer-level for sig codes.

That is all.

J2d

EktorPR said:
Nice. Glad to hear something PSN-related after the massive circle jerk that has become NeoGaf with the NXE release.
NXE is really good though, Sony needs to catch up.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Guy Legend said:
You can see who's online on your friends list right now. If you've linked your ID, their is a friends list section you can click on.

Ohh shit? I never saw that before and my ID is linked atm. Going to look right now :lol

Edit: Well that was easy to find. Right in front of my eyes.

Arsenic said:
After they release that patch....promised over a month ago.

Meh, at least it's playable now. I sure do need that Clan Ladder, though. Dive-to-prone will be sick too. As will grenades that actually kill people. And Trophies. What else am I missing? Oh, D-Pad lean, an opaque scoreboard, an extended post-round period, stackable gear...and RPGs and AT4s locked in ranked rooms. Plus more to come in patch 1.4 and beyond.

Arsenic

mountain_duwe said:
Meh, at least it's playable now. I sure do need that Clan Ladder, though. Dive-to-prone will be sick too. As will grenades that actually kill people. And Trophies. What else am I missing? Oh, D-Pad lean, an opaque scoreboard, an extended post-round period, stackable gear...and RPGs and AT4s locked in ranked rooms. Plus more to come in patch 1.4 and beyond.
Yeah thats sure is alot of things you listed...also forgot following a friend to their room.

1 thing i find very annoying is that the servers arent in order. Its US Central7, US East 1 US West 16 all over the place....

Not a big deal, but very annoying and even the older games organized the listings so much better.

Anyways, I hope the playstation.com crew adds alot of nifty community features by years end. Would be wonderful to have while Home is simultaneously released. Could make online games like LBP, R2 and Killzone 2 (!!!) so much more attractive...yum :)

Metalic Sand said:
Need to be able to see whos online and send messages from PC like LIVE. Then ill be content.
TBH, I dunno if we'll be able to send messages online. The reason is I'm an XBL Silver member, and when I try doing it, it says I need to be XBL Gold. I use to do it on XBL Gold a lot. Because it's a feature people have to pay to get, I honestly don't feel SCEA will include it. Personally, it's not as big on PS3 since I can plug in any USB keyboard on PS3 and type messages.

Anyway, I'm glad a re-design is coming. I'm glad it will just be my PSN to sign in.

Top Bottom