• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG - Blinded by the awe ... MKV, DVD ISO/VIDEO_TS, FLAC, etc. on PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Raistlin

mods, not sure if this is more fitting in the gaming section or OT. Please move to gaming if it makes more sense.

Zyzyxxz

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

party_hard_cat2.gif

Raistlin

M3wThr33 said:
Any chance it can stream dvr_ms files?

I haven't read through the thread yet (I really need to hit the hay) ... but assuming the decoders/muxers being employed support it ... I would think that either it does, or it could get added.

I still can't believe this. The timing is hysterical to me. My server parts are being delivered over the next few days, along with my Networked Media Tank (Popcorn Hour is one of them, though I'm getting a different brand). Looks like my NMT may not be as necessary as I thought :p

Ploid 3.0

So it's used to stream like tversity, or does it help programs like tversity stream? I should start streaming again. About the video ts thing, is is legal to put dvds on my pc if I use a program to do so? nvm that sounds illegal because what would stop me from being able to make copies. Would have liked to store dvds on my pc instead and stream to the ps3. I actually have no need to stream now that I think about it. Hulu?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
OS X version. If it exists... awesome. If not, tell them to get on it.

Zyzyxxz

Ploid 3.0 said:
So it's used to stream like tversity, or does it help programs like tversity stream? I should start streaming again. About the video ts thing, is is legal to put dvds on my pc if I use a program to do so? nvm that sounds illegal because what would stop me from being able to make copies. Would have liked to store dvds on my pc instead and stream to the ps3. I actually have no need to stream now that I think about it. Hulu?

jeez you worry too much about being illegal. Its not like its getting you caught, damn companies really institutionalized you haven't they.

I haven't keep updated on DMCA laws or what nonsense bullshit but its your DVD do what you want with it, as long as you dont distribute the copies you are good to go.

You guys seriously need to spring for a HTPC (or build one from parts laying around).

It's crazy the amount of trouble people go to for streaming/transcoding.

Raistlin

wormstrangler said:
You guys seriously need to spring for a HTPC (or build one from parts laying around).

It's crazy the amount of trouble people go to for streaming/transcoding.

Everything has it's place.

I don't consider it realistic to have a HTPC at each TV. Having a PS3 or some other extender however, is a very nice compromise. Obviously, it matters your setup.

Raistlin

Ploid 3.0 said:

DVD's, pfft ... I'm starting to back up HD-DVD's and BluRays :p

The only thing I want is a subtitles function when my PS3 is reading my divx files (avi + srt).
I hate to reencode things... even if there is good tools for that even on Mac.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
kpop100 said:
Er...it doesn't mention a Mac version anywhere on that blogspot page. What are you referring to?

RubxQub

glaurung said:
I'd say you should get tested for hallucinogens.

Doesn't mention a mac version on the site I linked, as I described. You linked to a different site off the site I linked with a link to the mac version file, that was not mentioned at the previous link that I linked (which does not mention the mac version at that site (the link that I linked)).

You linked to a different link and claimed that my statement was incorrect, and then went further to boast about it by stating that my eyes are of poor quality. Also, you mentioned my eyes may be poor, however I seem to think you were more implying that I was stupid. I take great offense to your remark and have thus created your likeness out of glued together packing peanuts. I will punch your fake limbs off in disgust due to your recent fowl move in this here thread.

So to sum up my disgust, linkidy link link link linkerton linksville, angry packing peanut person punching.

I hope you're happy with yourself.

Brofist

RubxQub said:
I'd say you should get tested for hallucinogens.

Doesn't mention a mac version on the site I linked, as I described. You linked to a different site off the site I linked with a link to the mac version file, that was not mentioned at the previous link that I linked (which does not mention the mac version at that site (the link that I linked)).

You linked to a different link and claimed that my statement was incorrect, and then went further to boast about it by stating that my eyes are of poor quality. Also, you mentioned my eyes may be poor, however I seem to think you were more implying that I was stupid. I take great offense to your remark and have thus created your likeness out of glued together packing peanuts. I will punch your fake limbs off in disgust due to your recent fowl move in this here thread.

So to sum up my disgust, linkidy link link link linkerton linksville, angry packing peanut person punching.

I hope you're happy with yourself.

I don't know what you're babbling about, but I see a Mac version at the link I used.

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list

RubxQub

kpop100 said:
I don't know what you're babbling about, but I see a Mac version at the link I used.

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list
So you also linked to a site that wasn't the site I linked to and claimed that I could not see? I reference the blogspot page and mention that there is no download link at the link I linked and was linked to by the OP's link. It is the first link linked in the OP and therefore I clicked the link and read the page. No mention of a Mac version.

You have thus linked me to a link that was a link not present in the OP, and have attempted to point out that I missed something by presenting a link that was not linked in the OP.

I've thus made a pie out of your likeness and fed it to my dog. He will eat your pie body and turn you into poop.

To summarize: Linkidy linking link link linker, pie poop.

claviertekky said:
How's this different from tversity?
Apparently this is much better for hd-mkv transcoding/muxing. Which is why I will test it tonight, thanks OP.

# A fairly recent cpu (mine is a C2D E6750, 2.66GHz) for smooth 1080p transcoding, but 720p seems to be easily transcodable with a simple P4 :p
# 750Mb of RAM (for transcoding)

- New features:
Lossless 5.1 PCM transcoding with DTS movies

Awesome.

Brofist

RubxQub said:
So you also linked to a site that wasn't the site I linked to and claimed that I could not see? I reference the blogspot page and mention that there is no download link at the link I linked and was linked to by the OP's link. It is the first link linked in the OP and therefore I clicked the link and read the page. No mention of a Mac version.

You have thus linked me to a link that was a link not present in the OP, and have attempted to point out that I missed something by presenting a link that was not linked in the OP.

I've thus made a pie out of your likeness and fed it to my dog. He will eat your pie body and turn you into poop.

To summarize: Linkidy linking link link linker, pie poop.

Well if you click the link in the OP, and proceed to click any download link on that page you will get linked to the page in my post.

Anyway what a strange thing to argue about :lol If you want the OSX version just download it.

RubxQub

kpop100 said:
Well if you click the link in the OP, and proceed to click any download link on that page you will get linked to the page in my post.

Anyway what a strange thing to argue about :lol If you want the OSX version just download it.
I just felt like going crazy, don't mind me dude :D

Meier

This will be nice -- I was thinking of watching a few new anime fansubs but they're all mkv it seems like and the conversion process is obnoxious. I planned to watch on my 360 but PS3 it is!

harSon

Banned
Amazing stuff, was able to rip a DVD to an ISO and stream it over a wireless network to the Playstation 3 without a hick up.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Sounds interesting, even though I gave up on the DNLA thing, since TVersity sucks and I haven't needed anything in HD since I have an SDTV. Plus, in Linux my PS3 does a nice job of playing my MKV's and such. But, I too shall test this out.

*removes Tversity

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Has anyone tried wireless streaming yet? If it's good, I am going to build a server out of this Mac, since Handbrake DESTROYS all other (legal) DVD software. If it sucks, I ain't doin' shit.

RubxQub

OuterWorldVoice said:
Has anyone tried wireless streaming yet? If it's good, I am going to build a server out of this Mac. If it sucks, I ain't doin' shit.
About to do this in 5-10 mins.

I'll report back.

RubxQub

Grr... I can't get the PS3 to find the thing over my wireless. Apparently AirPort Extreme routers aren't too good with this type of thing I'm finding out.

DarkJC

This software is awesome. Just earlier I was wishing I could play my MKVs on my PS3 with a simple solution, was never really one for TVersity. This fits the bill and works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom